American exceptionalism

Our constitution and government structure were great in their time. That time is long gone.
what? in my lifetime? (I'm 60). why the sudden change?

1. do you think the Constitution is suddenly obsolete ,or
2.do you think the professional politicians who care not for quality governing in favor of temporal power is the root of it?

looks like the second reason to myself

proof

the republican party has SCEWED the direction of our Democracy ( derailed it) by cheating the people out of their democratic choice for their leaders.

ITS FACT

Once again the cheating done by the Democrats for over a century had no effect on our democracy but when you thinks Republicans did it, OH BOY, look out!

cheating in election to change the outcome is what?

it is literally destroying democracy huh

I am spot on and gave you massive proof huh

Once again the cheating done by the Democrats for over a century had no effect on our democracy but when you thinks Republicans did it, OH BOY, look out!

because It is pawltry compared to what the republicans have done from the very top of your party

Democrats stole the Presidency in 1960. LBJ would have been out of politics prior to his '64 run had he not cheated.

You only care about the outcome

I think Stone means symbolic, in that Trump represents a certain type of American attitude and lifestyle that I mediocre. His work ethic has depended upon a generous tax code (obviously it's not for most people) and nepotism. He promotes a fairly sleazy culture, and is wildly self-entitled and narcissistic.

You nailed it!!

where is your court documentation of that claim?

I gave you cases the republican party LOST in court

what? in my lifetime? (I'm 60). why the sudden change?

1. do you think the Constitution is suddenly obsolete ,or
2.do you think the professional politicians who care not for quality governing in favor of temporal power is the root of it?

looks like the second reason to myself

I know that our country was not set up as a democracy, far fom it. So far in fact that I think it needs an overhaul, One senator from South Dakota represents a half million people. A senator from California represents 38 million. That needs a bit of repair. Conversely a bill can become law with the signatures of senators that represent less than 30% of our total population. The winner take all electoral vote set up is just plain stupid in today's world.

In situations such as today where one or both parties become mainly idealogues, the entire operation becomes impossible.

And the Supreme Court? Very early on the Supreme court became less about laws, justice and constitutionality and more about brazen politics until today it is the most politiicized of the three branches. This branch needs a complete remake.

I know that our country was not set up as a democracy, far fom it. So far in fact that I think it needs an overhaul, One senator from South Dakota represents a half million people. A senator from California represents 38 million. That needs a bit of repair. Conversely a bill can become law with the signatures of senators that represent less than 30% of our total population. The winner take all electoral vote set up is just plain stupid in today's world.

In situations such as today where one or both parties become mainly idealogues, the entire operation becomes impossible.

And the Supreme Court? Very early on the Supreme court became less about laws, justice and constitutionality and more about brazen politics until today it is the most politiicized of the three branches. This branch needs a complete remake.

So Desh, are you going to call this progressive poster a traitor, racist and evil because he said this country was not set up as a democracy?

Who the hell is "Desh"?

And she goes ape sh*t if someone says our country is a Constitutional Republic or says like you did we aren't a democracy. I'm assuming because you're a progressive is why she hasn't started calling you the normal names she does, 'traitor, evil and you want to destroy America' because you say we aren't a democracy.

And she goes ape sh*t if someone says our country is a Constitutional Republic or says like you did we aren't a democracy. I'm assuming because you're a progressive is why she hasn't started calling you the normal names she does, 'traitor, evil and you want to destroy America' because you say we aren't a democracy.

There is not a true democracy on the face of this earth!!!!!

I agree about the electoral college -it was always a bad idea ( to save Americans from their plebian selves) - but the House is democratic.

The Senate is weighed to the states ( 2 per state), again none of this was problematic for 2 centuries.
Senate 'supermajorities" do more then "chill legislative passions like a saucer to hot coffee" -it puts in in the deep freeze

Methinks it's the plutocracy at work. $Billion presidential elections,etc.

Should the 38 million in California make laws governing the half million in South Dakota?

Back