An Italian Snags the Flatiron

cawacko

I guarantee you this was a neo-con who was the owner of this building and sold it to an Italian because we all know neo-cons only care about money while liberals see the bigger picture and we know a liberal would not have sold a prominent building to a foreign. A liberal buys and sells from Americans only.

"Spurred by the weak dollar and the strong euro, European travelers to the U.S. have been lapping up everything from Gap boxers to iPhones to luxury condos in Palm Beach. Now a top Italian real estate investor has nabbed a crown piece of New York property, a sale that echoes the Japanese purchase of Rockefeller Center in 1989. Valter Mainetti has confirmed to TIME that his company, the Sorgente Group, has acquired a majority share of Manhattan's historic Flatiron building."

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1813198,00.html

The weak dollar encourages the acceleration of the selling of the USA.
I made this point months ago.
You just catching on ?

Liberals don't have a problem with foreigners. It's the Republicans who are xenophobic - hence the reason a neo-con started this thread and it will be a neo-con who keeps it going.

Liberals don't have a problem with foreigners. It's the Republicans who are xenophobic - hence the reason a neo-con started this thread and it will be a neo-con who keeps it going.

Hey, really fuck face? Is that right? If I may be so kind to share with your second grade educated ass I am not Jewish. I say that as no offense to Jewish people but I'm not going to pretend to be one when I'm not.

It was one of your "open minded non xenophobic" liberals that berated me earlier today for doing work with a group from the Middle East that bought the Chrysler Building today in New York City.

Me, a conservative, doing business with a group of arabs from the middle east yet I'm xenophobic? And a liberal says I'm selling out America for working with them but that's not xenophobic?

It must be a beautiful world you occupy in your mind.

Hey, really fuck face? Is that right? If I may be so kind to share with your second grade educated ass I am not Jewish. I say that as no offense to Jewish people but I'm not going to pretend to be one when I'm not.

It was one of your "open minded non xenophobic" liberals that berated me earlier today for doing work with a group from the Middle East that bought the Chrysler Building today in New York City.

Me, a conservative, doing business with a group of arabs from the middle east yet I'm xenophobic? And a liberal says I'm selling out America for working with them but that's not xenophobic?

What makes you think that dude's a liberal?

The seeing the wrongness of selling of the USA's assets to foreigners is not xenophobia, it is common sense for the future of the USA.

You are the one who came up with the xenophobia angle on it.

I guarantee you this was a neo-con who was the owner of this building and sold it to an Italian because we all know neo-cons only care about money while liberals see the bigger picture and we know a liberal would not have sold a prominent building to a foreign. A liberal buys and sells from Americans only.

"Spurred by the weak dollar and the strong euro, European travelers to the U.S. have been lapping up everything from Gap boxers to iPhones to luxury condos in Palm Beach. Now a top Italian real estate investor has nabbed a crown piece of New York property, a sale that echoes the Japanese purchase of Rockefeller Center in 1989. Valter Mainetti has confirmed to TIME that his company, the Sorgente Group, has acquired a majority share of Manhattan's historic Flatiron building."

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1813198,00.html

The "buy American" movement is populist and nationalist, and while many Americans who call themselves liberals may believe in such rot, it's not a liberal philosophy at all.

Again Caw - was the guy me? Why are you berating me for what that moron said?

The seeing the wrongness of selling of the USA's assets to foreigners is not xenophobia, it is common sense for the future of the USA.

You are the one who came up with the xenophobia angle on it.

So why should we not let foreign capital invest in the U.S.?

i guess i dont see the problem with having foreign real estate investment into the usa. It changes nothing.

sheesh, if we sell the USA to other countries we will just wind up renting it back from them.
I would not expect righties to see far enough ahead to understand this.

sheesh, if we sell the USA to other countries we will just wind up renting it back from them.
I would not expect righties to see far enough ahead to understand this.
It still makes no sense. It isn't equal.

Nobody sold the building to then rent it from the person they sold it to. You are being silly in an attempt to make it sound worse than it is. It's like those who panicked because the Japanese bought some real estate in some national park areas.

i guess i dont see the problem with having foreign real estate investment into the usa. It changes nothing.

You can understand why foreigners want to invest here. I vaguely remember the late '80's when the Japanesse were buying up major U.S. real estate and there was a big panic. Of course the Japanesse were buying at the peak of the market and most ended up taking a bath as they sold back to American companies in the early '90's.

U.S. pension funds are investing overseas as a form of diversification. Can you imagine another country not wanting U.S. investment dollars?

Obama, and now McCain, want to talk about change. Well we already have change as we are in a global economy. Capital is not going to be constrained by borders. I don't if by change these candidates think they can stop it because they will be fighting a losing battle.

Back