An Italian Snags the Flatiron

It still makes no sense. It isn't equal.

Nobody sold the building to then rent it from the person they sold it to. You are being silly in an attempt to make it sound worse than it is.

Damo, damo, it does not have to be the same person. Look beyond what is right in front of you. And before you start twisting words and such on me, this is my last post to you on this subject.

I am no match for an eddicated wordtwister.

I bow to your flatulence.

It's called a sale/leaseback and happens all time in residential and commerical real estate.
The question would make more sense if this was the case here. Nobody sold the building to then rent it back. It isn't happening in this case.

They simply sold a building to a different investor. People panic because it is an Italian guy rather than Trump.

It still makes no sense. It isn't equal.

Nobody sold the building to then rent it from the person they sold it to. You are being silly in an attempt to make it sound worse than it is. It's like those who panicked because the Japanese bought some real estate in some national park areas.

The Japanesse bought prime New York and San Franicso real estate, Pebble Beach golf course and a bunch more American property in the late '80's at the peak of the market. Therefore they made U.S. property owners huge profits upon purchase. Then went the market tanked the Japanesse sold these assets back to the Americans for half the price during the early '90's recessions. Again American property owners and investors won.

Yet somehow that didn't happen and righties can't see that it didn't happen? When you make up your own logic I guess you can see it that way.

Cherry picking instances CAW ?

How about the overall trend of foreign property ownership in the USA ?

How am I cherry picking? That was a major U.S. "issue" during the late '80's and early '90's. It is no different than today.

What is wrong with foreign investment of capital in the U.S.? You still have not answered that.

How am I cherry picking? That was a major U.S. "issue" during the late '80's and early '90's. It is no different than today.

What is wrong with foreign investment of capital in the U.S.? You still have not answered that.

What is the trend on foreign property ownership in the USA ? I am sure you know or have the data available since you are in that business. You instead try and minimalize it by quoting a few instances where US gained ground in a profitable manner.

What is the trend on foreign property ownership in the USA ? I am sure you know or have the data available since you are in that business. You instead try and minimalize it by quoting a few instances where US gained ground in a profitable manner.

I have no idea the percentage of property owned by foreign entities. Many buildings have multiple owners so you can never find out a true number. I love how you call a major trend "a few instances".

You are still ignoring or not answering the real question. What is wrong with foreign capital investing in the U.S.? That is what this issue is about.

I have no idea the percentage of property owned by foreign entities. Many buildings have multiple owners so you can never find out a true number. I love how you call a major trend "a few instances".

You are still ignoring or not answering the real question. What is wrong with foreign capital investing in the U.S.? That is what this issue is about.
It scares him.

the liberal group has the limosine liberal group and the really uneducated group. Which one do you think USGED fits in?

It scares him.

Maybe. We were just talking about real estate here to. From his previous answer it sounds like we are just suppose "to know". Or because we are righties we instinctually cannot figure it out.

Maybe someone else can give an answer. What is wrong with foreign capital investing in U.S. assets? In this instance we can stick strictly to U.S. commercial real estate if you would like since that is what we were orginally discussing.

It scares him.

Yep it does for the future of my grandchildren and the future of my country.
a lot more than talk of mushroom coulds in 45 min or somesuch fight em over there or over here fearmongering.

do you want to wind up like a third world country contolled by other countries because they own most of us ?

yeah laugh, but your vision is just not long enough.

If you had broad enough vision it would scare you too.

btw I do not have a limosine, but am a millunair :clink:

Last edited:
a lot more than talk of mushroom coulds in 45 min or somesuch fight em over there or over here fearmongering.

do you want to wind up like a third world country contolled by other countries because they own most of us ?

This is inane. US Citizens own property across the globe, there is no reason to fear some guy owning this building.

"Fearing for your children" because an Italian invested in US property is just sad.

I don't understand this type of thinking at all. First of all if the U.S. were to turn into a second world nation, let alone a third world nation, foreign capital would not come here.

Do you believe foreigners invest here in real estate or any other asset class because they want to lose money? Because they want to see the U.S. fall apart and their investment turn to shit?

You are fond of saying we in this country are no better than others. What would make you think that people in other countries don't want a good return on their investments any more than people in the U.S.?

People place their capital where they feel it is safetest and they can get the best return. If the U.S. was going to hell they would not invest here.

Do you think this Italian investor or Abu Dabai is spending millions on prime U.S. real estate to let it go to hell and lose money?

I do not understand your line of thinking. Is there an example you can point to which makes you think other countries invest capital here and it is turning us into a third world country?

I don't understand this type of thinking at all. First of all if the U.S. were to turn into a second world nation, let alone a third world nation, foreign capital would not come here
//

LOL and where are the hot investment spots now for US investors ?

I don't understand this type of thinking at all. First of all if the U.S. were to turn into a second world nation, let alone a third world nation, foreign capital would not come here
//

LOL and where are the hot investment spots now for US investors ?

Really, that's your only response? Wow. Why even bother with the brain damage to respond?

A growth market is China. The reason is it is a bleeding edge market as far as real estate is concerned. They are opening up their economy and they are a country on the rise. Investors also expect far higher returns for the risk of investing in China.

The two countries are not comparable because China is a country on the rise and in your example the U.S. would be a seriously declining nation.

You really have no answer for the other questions or comments? You really cannot state why you believe what you do?

Investments in US AG would continue even if our economy is crashed. people need food.

So we are just suppose to know that foreign capital investment is going to make the U.S. a third world country even though you can not explain why?

Since citizen won't answer why and he says righties can't see the anwer would anyone on the left be so kind as to state or explain why foreign capital into U.S. markets (we were talking commercial real estate) will hurt or ruin the future of the U.S.? Thank you.

So we are just suppose to know that foreign capital investment is going to make the U.S. a third world country even though you can not explain why?

renter nations do not tend to be rich.

And no I cannot explain it, no common points of reference. But I am correct.
I have been More correct than you on such things so far.
I rest on my record.

Back