An Understandable Oversight - McCain Forgets to Pay his Taxes

It would actually be a story had he actually forgotten it.

When you put your assets in trust, you cannot watch what they are doing to minutiae. It defeats the purpose of the trust.

Had McCain lost the property through the negligence of the Bank who held the trust, he'd definitely be due recompense and a lawsuit would be in order.

By the way... 100% agree with the above.

Why is this argument devolving into stupidity?

Let me tell you something, having seven homes and finances so complicated you don’t know who the people you hired paid and who they didn’t, and not knowing what a gallon of gas costs at the pump, puts you out of touch. It’s rich people problems. Oh, your finances are so complicated it’s not your fault if your taxes on one of your many properties aren’t paid? Oh, one particular shoe out of your many Gucci loafers pinches your feet? Oh, your wallet is too small for your hundreds?

And in economic times like these, if you’re out of touch, you’re dead. Someone just forgot to bury you. If Obama had seven homes and the taxes on one hadn’t been paid, Republicans, filthy rich republicans, would be lining up to talk about what regular guys they are, and mocking the “elitist”. If I was on the Obama campaign I’d be ramming this up their asses.

Let me tell you something, having seven homes and finances so complicated you don’t know who the people you hired paid and who they didn’t, and not knowing what a gallon of gas costs at the pump, puts you out of touch. It’s rich people problems. Oh, your finances are so complicated it’s not your fault if your taxes on one of your many properties aren’t paid? Oh, one particular shoe out of your many Gucci loafers pinches your feet? Oh, your wallet is too small for your hundreds?

And in economic times like these, if you’re out of touch, you’re dead. Someone just forgot to bury you. If Obama had seven homes and the taxes on one hadn’t been paid, Republicans, filthy rich republicans, would be lining up to talk about what regular guys they are, and mocking the “elitist”. If I was on the Obama campaign I’d be ramming this up their asses.

It went down the path of stupidity because your boy Gumby took it there with another of his idiotic strawmen attempts. So if you want to bitch about the direction of the thread, take it up with the leg humper.

As I stated before, it has NOTHING to do with complexity of finances. If you hire someone to do a job, you do not stand over their shoulder and watch every second to make sure they do it. You expect them to do what you hired them to do.

That said, I agree, Obama could try to bring up the issue of the seven houses etc and try and paint McCain as an elitist. But only a complete idiot would try to use this "he deliberately refused to pay his taxes" bullshit. Because every friggin Presidential candidate has their assets tied up in this manner and it could easily happen to any one of them. They are still responsible, hence McCain paying the taxes once the error was noticed.

"Why is this argument devolving into stupidity?"

No idea. It's probably knee-jerk defend mccain at all costs, bs.

This isn't the crime of the century. But, it's mildly hilarious.

And the issue is classism. A dude running for president with seven homes, who either forgot to pay his taxes, didn't give the tax assessor's office the correct forwarding address, or hired some incompetent boobs to manage his finances, is symptamatic the double standard that the rich live by compared to most of the rest of us.

"Why is this argument devolving into stupidity?"

No idea. It's probably knee-jerk defend mccain at all costs, bs.

This isn't the crime of the century. But, it's mildly hilarious.

And the issue is classism. A dude running for president with seven homes, who either forgot to pay his taxes, didn't give the tax assessor's office the correct forwarding address, or hired some incompetent boobs to manage his finances, is symptamatic the double standard that the rich live by compared to most of the rest of us.

You are such a complete hack. I notice you once again will pretend that your strawman didn't blow up in your face. But please, continue your little leg humping attempts. They are quite comical. But do try to cease with all your violent homophobic tendencies... they are painting you as quite the psycho.

Again, like the typical whiner that you are, you miss the point. I do not give him a pass. I expect him to pay the taxes, as he did.

But the fact is, the BANK was hired to run the trust that owned this property. The property taxes should have been paid by the bank. The fact that the property tax notices were returned by the post office means there was an error by either the bank or the post office. Not by McCain.

An audit by the bank of the trust SHOULD have caught the fact that property taxes had not been paid. But to act as though McCain is somehow to blame for not paying taxes is idiotic. That is what the Bank was hired to do. Manage the trust and pay its bills. It is done so that McCain DOESN'T have to pay attention to those details.

Bottom line though, it is still the McCains responsibility to pay the taxes. When notified that their bank failed, they took care of it.

Nuff said!

Back