Another View

we could most definitely overthrow the American govt without a doubt in my mind. Lets hope it never gets to the point where we would have 2. Now if all we had was rakes and stones.. then prob not.

we could most definitely overthrow the American govt without a doubt in my mind. Lets hope it never gets to the point where we would have 2. Now if all we had was rakes and stones.. then prob not.

I have my doubts. And I also have my doubts that the majority of the military wouldn’t fire on their own citizens. In fact, you’d be squashed like bugs, in my opinion. The majority of the populace would be controlled through fear, starting with, not wanting what happens to you to happen to them.

No raw nerve here, I'm just dumbfounded at how stupid you are. Im the biggest non fascist on this board. You of course are more focused on shoes and your own selfishness than anything meaningful or relevant.

Hmm. Well, that’s one view. The evidence seems to indicate otherwise.

I have my doubts. And I also have my doubts that the majority of the military wouldn’t fire on their own citizens. In fact, you’d be squashed like bugs, in my opinion. The majority of the populace would be controlled through fear, starting with, not wanting what happens to you to happen to them.

havent u ever scene red dawn? Patrick Swayze and his brother Charlie sheen with there crew are able to repel the cuban and soviets with gorilla warfare? Once u kill a few you get there weapons 2!!!

havent u ever scene red dawn? Patrick Swayze and his brother Charlie sheen with there crew are able to repel the cuban and soviets with gorilla warfare? Once u kill a few you get there weapons 2!!!

LOL. Nah I missed it. I stand corrected.

I think you underestimate the men & women in the military. I think many would refuse to fire on citizens. But our biggest military strengths are in the high tech warfare. Not much of that would be of any use.

But its not as if we would have a staged battle with mechanized infantry against people with pistols.

The majority not being part of the war would not be a change from the past. In fact, during the Revolutionary War, at no time was the majority of the population in favor of the revolution.

I think you underestimate the men & women in the military. I think many would refuse to fire on citizens. But our biggest military strengths are in the high tech warfare. Not much of that would be of any use.

But its not as if we would have a staged battle with mechanized infantry against people with pistols.

The majority not being part of the war would not be a change from the past. In fact, during the Revolutionary War, at no time was the majority of the population in favor of the revolution.
They will attempt to subdue Americans with the UN force, composed of fighters who all hate us.

See thread titled Invading America.

While I despise the people who were the "heros" in the book, you might try reading The Turner Diaries for examples of how well a civilian force could do.

Let me restate, I am NOT a white supremist and I strongly disagree with their views.

That’s my view of it. I’m not a big gun control person, for the most part it doesn’t affect me and I doubt it ever will. (though you never know). But considering the number of handgun deaths, most in the cities of this country, I get a little nauseous at the screaming of ‘THE SECOND AMENDMENT” as if it were actually clearly written, and as if any person who believed in reasonable gun regulations, is against the constitution. Well, that’s just not true.
First off the big cities were not trying out any sort of reasonable restriction. They were banning guns. Second, the numbere of deaths by firearms in total, murder, accident, suicide pales in comparison to the numbers of times that guns are used to defend people. Mexico is a country were there are very strong restrictions on guns and yet they have gun violence at the hands of drug cartels that is out of control. Restricting law abiding citizens from owning a gun does NOTHING to stop criminals from getting them and using them. It only stops the law abider from using the same tool to defend herself.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens anyway. Think the gangbanger who buys his .357 for a murder is shopping at WalMart? Fuck no. He doesn't want his name on that. He's getting it on the black market.

Plus, I'm a lot more likely to rob you if I know that I have a gun and you don't.
The criminal can attack safely in the knowledge that his victim is unarmed while he is armed.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens anyway. Think the gangbanger who buys his .357 for a murder is shopping at WalMart? Fuck no. He doesn't want his name on that. He's getting it on the black market.

Plus, I'm a lot more likely to rob you if I know that I have a gun and you don't.
The criminal can attack safely in the knowledge that his victim is unarmed while he is armed.

Exactly, Epi. Most criminals are not going attack someone if they believe that person stands a good chance of killing them.

Talk about the same old tired arguments. Nothing I’ve seen here in any way changes the fact that the second amendment intent is ambiguous, and that society has an interest in reasonable restrictions. All rights are regulated. Including our first amendment rights. There is not fanatic so fanatical as a second amendment fanatic.

A fact that this thread bears witness too. I am in no way a gun control fanatic, nor would I want all handguns banned. And yet, I was attacked as if it was I who were the fanatic.

Get mirrors boys.

Talk about the same old tired arguments. Nothing I’ve seen here in any way changes the fact that the second amendment intent is ambiguous, and that society has an interest in reasonable restrictions. All rights are regulated. Including our first amendment rights. There is not fanatic so fanatical as a second amendment fanatic.

A fact that this thread bears witness too. I am in no way a gun control fanatic, now would I want all handguns banned. And yet, I was attacked as if it was I who were the fanatic.

Get mirrors boys.

I think I'm going to sue to have the right to have weapons grade plutonium. Afterall.....I got my rites to bare ahms.

Talk about the same old tired arguments. Nothing I’ve seen here in any way changes the fact that the second amendment intent is ambiguous, and that society has an interest in reasonable restrictions.

Well at least one more "old tired argument" was put to bed yesterday when we finally settled this militia-collective right bullshit.

A fact that this thread bears witness too. I am in no way a gun control fanatic, nor would I want all handguns banned. And yet, I was attacked as if it was I who were the fanatic.

Get mirrors boys.

Darla, I think there are fanatics on both sides. I think I have given reasonable responses concerning our gun rights. Yes, there are some fanatics posting on my side of the argument. But there have been a couple of posters who said "remove all guns", which is the opposite fanatic. I have seen numerous venomous attacks by antigun people. I have seen the same zeal from the Brady Campaign as I have from the NRA campaigns.

Just look for the reasonable people and try to carry on a conversation with them.

Back