Apparently Conservatives only get 1 thread per topic now.

Grind has decided to become more active in moderating, so now... whenever he sees a thread started by a conservative on a topic that is similar to something else he has seen recently, the threads are merged into one. Now.... this doesn't seem to apply to any liberal posters, they are still free to post as many propaganda-filled and web-outlet supporting links to as many threads as they want, on the same topic. A certain unnamed poster who's name has no alphabetic letters or numbers, can post literally PAGES of the same thread title, over and over and over and over... for days and nights on end, and that is perfectly fine with Grind, he doesn't see the problem.

This new institution of the rules is one of the many great ways JPP is "improving" their image! You see? We don't have to wade through all of the Conservative threads to get to the really COOL stuff, like how to play the Werewolf game, or scientific explanations for why God doesn't exist... or farts smell better in the morning time! And all the rich enlightenment we get from incessant links to yahoo from Tom, or the resource links from all the major liberal blogs out there! Those are the REEALLY important things to JPP... so we MUST keep our Conservative viewpoints confined to one thread per subject.

Thanks, and have a blessed day!

Wait, there was a thread on morning farts?

\\\legiontroll/// or crewcut gets away with anything on this board. the owner loves him, grind loves him. there is nothing you can do about it.

accept it or move on. legiontroll always gets special treatment. because he is special. deal with it. seriously no need to start a thread about it.

he doesn't get any more special treatment than any of your own troll-y threads :)

the rules are very concise and laid out here. Basically if one doesn't violate personal information or does some other egregious thing, they aren't silenced. it's always been that way.

Remember though, we do have a subforum called APP, and trolling is actually against the rules there. Legiontroll probably wouldn't last long there. For all those that are annoyed at trolls, or personal insulted, I highly recommend you guys start some discussions up there.

I don't believe in overmoderating forums. My forum is literally moderation free, because we self-moderate and check before posting a new topic.

we don't over moderate either. the very fact there is a shit conniption over a thread merge should be evidence enough of that. :)

Seriously considering the later.
Grind's little hand-picked group of "JPP Contributors" who Grind is predisposed to cater to and allow pretty much anything from.

bro, I know you just apologized below, but... this is still paranoid thinking. The JPP contributors are people that ended up donating a small amount of money to the site, which goes to damo so that he can pay the hosting fees. I think it costs ~100 dollars a year to host the site. So for those that threw a few dollars JPP's way they get the JPP tag. It's not like some exclusive club where people are above all scrutiny and they strut around with their monocles in looking down on the rest of the jpp userbase. and it's not an arbitrary selection.

P.S., the last person we perma-banned was a "jpp contributor."

Before everyone bashes dixie and makes fun of him, I will say that it's good he has this attitude, it keeps this site on their toes.

I personally want more people like dixie lodging complaints, even if I don't necessarily agree with those specific complaints. I want, desire, and enjoy a no-nonsense attitude of holding us moderators accountable and making sure that things are kept in check. I think it's a good role to have among a memberbase. I mean this 100% sincerely.

Also he's pretty consistent on this issue from what I've seen.

Dixie was also another intergral player in getting the old site shutdown, and I will always give him a nod of respect for that.

So whether or not you agree with his specific complaint, just be aware that dixie is looking out for all of you guys, he desires an open and free community, and that is an admirable trait. Don't make fun of him for that.

many have made this mistake. but he is in fact, a dude. If you've already hit on him we wont hold it against you - much.

Nah...I'm taken. But if he's willing to post a nekkid pic I won't complain. He better be careful, we might "convert" him. :)

he doesn't get any more special treatment than any of your own troll-y threads :)

the rules are very concise and laid out here. Basically if one doesn't violate personal information or does some other egregious thing, they aren't silenced. it's always been that way.

Remember though, we do have a subforum called APP, and trolling is actually against the rules there. Legiontroll probably wouldn't last long there. For all those that are annoyed at trolls, or personal insulted, I highly recommend you guys start some discussions up there.

I don't think yurt would last, I barely hang by a thread myself ;)

Yes, but do you have a hand picked group of JPP contributers?

Believe me, just because one is a contributor doesn't mean there is special treatment. Grind, Damo, Socretese, Billy, all very fair in their enforcement of the rules. They go to extreme lengths. I may not always agree with them, but I have come to respect them.

Before everyone bashes dixie and makes fun of him, I will say that it's good he has this attitude, it keeps this site on their toes.

I personally want more people like dixie lodging complaints, even if I don't necessarily agree with those specific complaints. I want, desire, and enjoy a no-nonsense attitude of holding us moderators accountable and making sure that things are kept in check. I think it's a good role to have among a memberbase. I mean this 100% sincerely.

Also he's pretty consistent on this issue from what I've seen.

Dixie was also another intergral player in getting the old site shutdown, and I will always give him a nod of respect for that.

So whether or not you agree with his specific complaint, just be aware that dixie is looking out for all of you guys, he desires an open and free community, and that is an admirable trait. Don't make fun of him for that.

Oh, trying to stifle my freedom of making fun of Dixie, fine ;)

Back