Appoint And Confirm The "Judge."

Delay could backfire

There is a very real risk of that, I think Obama is deciding if he wants to take one of two options...

Appoint a moderate and make the argument that the Republicans are being petulant children.

or

Appoint a radical leftist and let them go crazy while he energizes the left and helps HRC get elected president.

There is a very real risk of that, I think Obama is deciding if he wants to take one of two options...

Appoint a moderate and make the argument that the Republicans are being petulant children.

or

Appoint a radical leftist and let them go crazy while he energizes the left and helps HRC get elected president.

Boom

I read an article earlier today that was frankly funny, but just imagine this idea:

President Obama nominates himself to the Supreme Court, locking the Republicans in a Gordian Knot.

If they confirm him, they get rid of him as President, which is what they have wanted since he was first elected, but he gets a life appointment to the Supreme Court and tips the balance in favor of the liberals.

If they DON'T confirm him, he stays in office until the end of his term, constantly appointing nominees that the Senate will reject, fomenting Democratic anger and running the risk of people getting so fed up with the Republican stymie that come elections, Democrats take the Senate back.

At that point, President Obama still has 17 days of his Presidency left to ram-rod his appointment through the Senate now controlled by the Democrats.

Of course, the idea of President Obama appointing himself is really just funny, but wow, wouldn't it be interesting to watch?

I read an article earlier today that was frankly funny, but just imagine this idea:

President Obama nominates himself to the Supreme Court, locking the Republicans in a Gordian Knot.

If they confirm him, they get rid of him as President, which is what they have wanted since he was first elected, but he gets a life appointment to the Supreme Court and tips the balance in favor of the liberals.

If they DON'T confirm him, he stays in office until the end of his term, constantly appointing nominees that the Senate will reject, fomenting Democratic anger and running the risk of people getting so fed up with the Republican stymie that come elections, Democrats take the Senate back.

At that point, President Obama still has 17 days of his Presidency left to ram-rod his appointment through the Senate now controlled by the Democrats.

Of course, the idea of President Obama appointing himself is really just funny, but wow, wouldn't it be interesting to watch?

I'm fairly certain Obama does not want the job.

or

What's a "moderate?" Who decides who's a moderate? Obama? You?

Back