Are Democrats Racist?

The courts of this land hold that abortion is not murder. therefore, the courts of this land hold that fetuses are not "human beings". You need to either pass a constitutional amendment, or get Roe v. Wade overturned because until you do, your "opinion" will remain about as valuable as a bucket of warm spit. That a fetus becomes a human being at birth is not in question.... its status before birth is very much in question...and as of right now, my side's views on that subject are the law of the land....and we know what a law abiding citizen you are..... so abide by the law.

As it stands now: if you are against abortion, you are not required to have one.

The courts of this land hold that abortion is not murder. therefore, the courts of this land hold that fetuses are not "human beings".

Circa 1800...

The courts of this land hold that slavery is not illegal. therefore, the courts of this land hold that negroes are not "human beings".

Same argument.

so what. it's true.... if you want to say that the courts are wrong and the laws should not be obeyed, then you are free to say it...but you are not the law abiding citizen you portray yourself as.

That a fetus becomes a human being at birth is not in question.... its status before birth is very much in question...

No, it's really NOT in question. It is simple biology, even you can understand. It is human life, it can't be anything else. There is no question on this, there is no counter-argument to this, it is a biological fact that can't be refuted. From the point of conception, it becomes human life, it has to... there is no other ingredient added to make it human life along the way, and it is born human life, so it must become human life at point of conception. Indeed, it is living, indeed it is some form of living organism, and given it is hosted in the uterus of a human, it stands to reason, it is a human organism. It has it's own distinct DNA, brain function, and nervous system, so it's not a part of the host being, it is an independent living human organism.

Now, you can tiptoe around a lot of things, you can make all kinds of wild claims and you can call me all kinds of names, but you can't refute scientific and biological fact, and that is what we have here, not an opinion.

it's true that the law of the land says that fetuses are not human beings.

deal with it. or change the law...but until then, anything contrary to the law of the land is just an opinion not supported by law.

Like I said... a fetus becomes a human being at birth. that is what the law says and I obey the law.

And the law once said that Negroes were 3/5 of a man, was that true, Maine? Would you not have supported that law as well? The law of the land once said, women can't vote... you would have supported that law too, right? That was the truth, wasn't it? The court had it right, didn't they?

Science is not dictated by court findings, Maine. I'm sorry you lack the moral integrity to stand up for what you fully know and understand is wrong. I wish I had time, or the inclination to look up great liberal quotes from your heroes, to completely refute your viewpoint, but I am not interested in doing so. You have to live with yourself, and that is far worse than anything I could put on you.

And the law once said that Negroes were 3/5 of a man, was that true, Maine? Would you not have supported that law as well? The law of the land once said, women can't vote... you would have supported that law too, right? That was the truth, wasn't it? The court had it right, didn't they?

Science is not dictated by court findings, Maine. I'm sorry you lack the moral integrity to stand up for what you fully know and understand is wrong. I wish I had time, or the inclination to look up great liberal quotes from your heroes, to completely refute your viewpoint, but I am not interested in doing so. You have to live with yourself, and that is far worse than anything I could put on you.

Does this mean you'll finally shut your fucking piehole about abortion?

I do not think that science proves anything about when a fetus becomes a human being with all the necessary protections under law....that is a matter for the courts. I tend to think that abortion is a bad thing...I do not know - nor does anyone - when God actually imparts a "soul" into the body of a fetus... so I really have no idea when, if ever, before birth, a fetus becomes self aware. I am pretty certain it is not at the zygote stage, however.... as I have said many times, I would not counsel my daughter to have an abortion... I would hope she would never chose such an option and we have talked about it many times so I feel certain she would make the right decision...but she knows that I believe that, above all, it is HER decision to make, just like I think it is every pregnant woman's choice to make.

As troubling as it is at times, I am still quite glad that I do not live in a black and white moral absolutist world like you...and instead live in a place where I am forced to think about and weigh the risks and rewards and penalties and benefits of my decisions in life. It would suck, I think, to have it all laid out so neatly as you do and to be so self righteous and judgmental like you.

I do not think that science proves anything about when a fetus becomes a human being...

Science most certainly DOES prove it is human life. There is no debate. It IS a human being, in a human being's earliest developmental stages. There is no other thing it can be!

I do not know - nor does anyone - when God actually imparts a "soul" into the body of a fetus...

So, now you want to bail on Science and revert to Religion as the basis for your argument? Is that how I am to take this? Okay... let's look at it from a Spiritual aspect...

I would say it defies logic for Him to do it at any other time than when He created it as human life. We fully understand the profound distinction of human life, above all other life, and that it is distinguished by having a soul which other life forms do not, so why would God hesitate in bestowing a soul on human life He made? Makes no sense that He would.

so I really have no idea when, if ever, before birth, a fetus becomes self aware.

Self-awareness is not what makes something human life. When you are sleeping, you are not self-aware, if you are anesthesitized for surgery, you are not self-aware, yet you are still a human life and human being, you don't stop being a human being at any point in your life, as far as I know. It has nothing to do with self-awareness.

I would not counsel my daughter to have an abortion...

Damn straight, because you are a hypocrite who knows and understands that aborting a fetus is the taking of innocent human life, and that is murder. You fully understand it is wrong, morally and ethically, and you would not counsel anyone to do it... yet you'll support allowing men in black robes to tell us it's okay, and you'll turn your head to science and biology and ignore common reasoning and fact, and pretend you have some higher moral foundation for your wrongheaded view.

I do not think that science proves anything about when a fetus becomes a human being...

Science most certainly DOES prove it is human life. There is no debate. It IS a human being, in a human being's earliest developmental stages. There is no other thing it can be!

of course there is..it can be a potential human being, which is what I believe it is and what the courts of this land believe it is. YOu lose.

I do not know - nor does anyone - when God actually imparts a "soul" into the body of a fetus...

So, now you want to bail on Science and revert to Religion as the basis for your argument? Is that how I am to take this? Okay... let's look at it from a Spiritual aspect...

I would say it defies logic for Him to do it at any other time than when He created it as human life. We fully understand the profound distinction of human life, above all other life, and that it is distinguished by having a soul which other life forms do not, so why would God hesitate in bestowing a soul on human life He made? Makes no sense that He would.

and I would say it defies logic for him to do it at any time other than when he is certain that it will, in fact, breathe air and become an independent human being and not just a fetus

so I really have no idea when, if ever, before birth, a fetus becomes self aware.

Self-awareness is not what makes something human life. When you are sleeping, you are not self-aware, if you are anesthesitized for surgery, you are not self-aware, yet you are still a human life and human being, you don't stop being a human being at any point in your life, as far as I know. It has nothing to do with self-awareness.

how do you know we are not self aware under sedation? I see no problem in imagining God imparting souls and self awareness to fetuses at the point when he knows for certain they are going to "make it". Just because the Bible says that God "knows us" in the womb does not necessarily mean that we are capable of knowing him in return at the same point in time.

I would not counsel my daughter to have an abortion...

Damn straight, because you are a hypocrite who knows and understands that aborting a fetus is the taking of innocent human life, and that is murder. You fully understand it is wrong, morally and ethically, and you would not counsel anyone to do it... yet you'll support allowing men in black robes to tell us it's okay, and you'll turn your head to science and biology and ignore common reasoning and fact, and pretend you have some higher moral foundation for your wrongheaded view.

it gets really boring - not to mention annoying after a while - to keep listening to you telling me what I know and understand...you should probably stop that, OK? Question: if your lovely poetry writing daughter were raped by an epileptic, violent, mentally ill black man, and she got pregnant...and she wanted to abort this product of violence growing in her, how would you counsel her?

of course there is..it can be a potential human being

No, it is already human life, and it exists, so it is a being already. It's not a potential anything, except more advanced stage of what it already is, human life.

and I would say it defies logic for him to do it at any time other than when he is certain that it will, in fact, breathe air and become an independent human being and not just a fetus

Speaking on behalf of God, I think he would already know.... he IS God.

how do you know we are not self aware under sedation?

WTF? Are you serious? Do we have a different understanding of being self-aware?

I see no problem in imagining God imparting souls and self awareness to fetuses at the point when he knows for certain they are going to "make it".

From MY understanding of God, He is NEVER uncertain!

Just because the Bible says that God "knows us" in the womb does not necessarily mean that we are capable of knowing him in return at the same point in time.

What does this have to do with when we have a soul? I know quite a few people who are incapable of knowing God, yet they still have souls, I believe.

As for the rest of your sick tasteless rant about my kid, I would appreciate it if you would stick to the topic, and avoid my family in your examples. Thank you.

of course there is..it can be a potential human being

No, it is already human life, and it exists, so it is a being already. It's not a potential anything, except more advanced stage of what it already is, human life.

Speaking on behalf of God, I think he would already know.... he IS God.

how do you know we are not self aware under sedation?

WTF? Are you serious? Do we have a different understanding of being self-aware?

I see no problem in imagining God imparting souls and self awareness to fetuses at the point when he knows for certain they are going to "make it".

From MY understanding of God, He is NEVER uncertain!

Just because the Bible says that God "knows us" in the womb does not necessarily mean that we are capable of knowing him in return at the same point in time.

What does this have to do with when we have a soul? I know quite a few people who are incapable of knowing God, yet they still have souls, I believe.

As for the rest of your sick tasteless rant about my kid, I would appreciate it if you would stick to the topic, and avoid my family in your examples. Thank you.

seems to me you mentioned my son just the other day..... hmmmm...

so...what would YOU advise your daughter to do if impregnated in such a manner?

and please understand, that if I am able to ascertain anything that you would "appreciate" from me, I am strongly inclined to do exactly the opposite.

So scientists are right on on when a fetus is alive, but don't know their posteior from an excavation on global warming ? this is pretty good :D

Back