Are Jews Arab?

Jack

Verified User
MoonPie started a thread (which like others I am banned from) that mentioned 'National Arab Heritage' month or something. Anyway, I was wondering if that would include Jews?
Or, ... are Jews called 'Jews' to distinguish them from other Arabs ... that are automatically assumed to be 'Muslim'.

On another note, I had a friend who called his parents 'Jews' rather than 'Hungarians'. I asked him about this years later, and he said that his mother put down 'Hungarian', but was told to put down 'Jew'.

I always thought 'Jew' was a religious designation. Now, I'm wondering if it means 'Arab but not Muslim'. Any thoughts on this?

MoonPie started a thread (which like others I am banned from) that mentioned 'National Arab Heritage' month or something. Anyway, I was wondering if that would include Jews?
Or, ... are Jews called 'Jews' to distinguish them from other Arabs ... that are automatically assumed to be 'Muslim'.

On another note, I had a friend who called his parents 'Jews' rather than 'Hungarians'. I asked him about this years later, and he said that his mother put down 'Hungarian', but was told to put down 'Jew'.

I always thought 'Jew' was a religious designation. Now, I'm wondering if it means 'Arab but not Muslim'. Any thoughts on this?

American problems in politics evolution of SCOTUS Christian Nation not so intellectually superior dominant master race forced propaganda brainwashing tautology of "one nation under God with equal justice under law" cross conditioning of Islam medical human reproduction pseudoscience fabricated virgin Mary misnomer immaculate son of Allah Jesus the Christ conception for Mengele "Angel of Death" WW II concentration camp genetically accomplished survival of the fittest fascists avoidance - acceptance where Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom enforcement under color of law practice of baptize thine eyes by urinations of Washington, D.C. born USA citizens as SCOTUS Rehnquist's fabricated Islam misnomer medical care for those burning Bush's 9/11 health care plan patriot act follows those crooks baptize thine eyes by urinations Capital Hill medical care by thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists in those goosesteps of McHeil's Navy US Constitution "man is God" arson on a cross at a hospital.

Are Ivanka and Jared “Arab but not Muslim? Harrison Ford? Winona Ryder?

A Question for an Answer?

Moon sparked this Question with his 'Arab American Heritage' thread.
'Are Jews Arab?'

I've noticed this numerous times. When asked about 'Where are you from', people will say: 'Greece', or 'Irish', or a more typical 'English, German, French mix'. Some people will say; 'We're Jewish'. I always thought 'Jewish' was a Religion. So, lots of people here, I'm interested in what their take on it is. I haven't given this a lot of thought, but I did ask a friend when we were young 'where are you from' and he said 'I'm Jewish', which didn't seem to answer my question.

Phantasmal, I bet you have run into this. What is YOUR understanding?

Maybe someone who says: 'I'm Jewish' means you need to do some mental gymnastics?
Like, I'm 'arabic' (Semitic), but I'm from the Jewish Religion that left the Middle East a long time ago and settled else where (like Europe). For generations 'we' lived in Poland and stayed within our 'community' and interbred. So, I could tell you I'm from Poland, but that would be misleading. I don't have blond hair or blue eyes and I'm not Catholic (which most would conjure up when thinking of Poland). So telling you 'I'm Jewish' is the easiest way to tell you a lengthy story in the least words possible.

Maybe this is it?

Jews have always been more than just a religion. They are a nationality as well as a religion. The Jewish nation, language, and culture existed in the Mediterranean Levant long before there was an English, Spanish, or Russian culture/nationality.

While Jews don't discourage gentile converts, they don't actively encourage it either. Therefore genetic analysis on most Jews of Sephardic or Ashkenazi Jewish heritage can be traced back to the tribes of people living in the Bronze Age nations of Judah and Israel.

it's a race or a religion depending on if they're trying to preach to you or claim to be victims of racism.

its very convenient.

Jews have always been more than just a religion. They are a nationality as well as a religion. The Jewish nation, language, and culture existed in the Mediterranean Levant long before there was an English, Spanish, or Russian culture/nationality.

While Jews don't discourage gentile converts, they don't actively encourage it either. Therefore genetic analysis on most Jews of Sephardic or Ashkenazi Jewish heritage can be traced back to the tribes of people living in the Bronze Age nations of Judah and Israel.

they do discourage it.

non-jews are to become noahides or righteous gentiles.

https://noahide.org/

Look up the definition of Semite. That might help.

If Only, all Semites could get along in modern times.

One can be an ethnic Jew who is not religious. The boot stomping racists hate them just as much.

Maybe someone who says: 'I'm Jewish' means you need to do some mental gymnastics?
Like, I'm 'arabic' (Semitic), but I'm from the Jewish Religion that left the Middle East a long time ago and settled else where (like Europe). For generations 'we' lived in Poland and stayed within our 'community' and interbred. So, I could tell you I'm from Poland, but that would be misleading. I don't have blond hair or blue eyes and I'm not Catholic (which most would conjure up when thinking of Poland). So telling you 'I'm Jewish' is the easiest way to tell you a lengthy story in the least words possible.

Maybe this is it?
I'm a jew means I'm god's chosen people. Now pass me the bacon.

"Sem·ite
/ˈsemīt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a member of any of the peoples who speak or spoke a Semitic language, including in particular the Jews and Arabs."

It says Jews and Arabs. As though they were different. So, doesn't really answer the question.

Semite are just a group of people who speak linguistically related languages.

Russians and Spanish speak a linguistically related language family: Indo-European.

The Jewish ethnicity is much more than that: it is a shared culture, shared history, a shared genetic origin.

One can be an ethnic Jew who is not religious. The boot stomping racists hate them just as much.

Well, that was this person who called his parents 'Jews' but didn't refer to himself as such. He wasn't religious, and didn't identify as being 'Jewish'.

I'm a jew means I'm god's chosen people. Now pass me the bacon.

That really doesn't answer the question. Here's something:

"Jews are the genetic brothers of Palestinians, Syrians, and Lebanese, study finds"
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/05/000509003653.htm

"The study, published in the May 9 issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that Jewish men shared a common set of genetic signatures with non-Jews from the Middle East, including Palestinians, Syrians, and Lebanese, and these signatures diverged significantly from non-Jewish men outside of this region. Consequently, Jews and Arabs share a common ancestor and are more closely related to one another than to non-Jews from other areas of the world."

Back