Are Jews Arab?

That really doesn't answer the question. Here's something:

"Jews are the genetic brothers of Palestinians, Syrians, and Lebanese, study finds"
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/05/000509003653.htm

"The study, published in the May 9 issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that Jewish men shared a common set of genetic signatures with non-Jews from the Middle East, including Palestinians, Syrians, and Lebanese, and these signatures diverged significantly from non-Jewish men outside of this region. Consequently, Jews and Arabs share a common ancestor and are more closely related to one another than to non-Jews from other areas of the world."

Identity is more than race though. Isn't it?

But you'll tell everyone what they are. Right?

MoonPie started a thread (which like others I am banned from) that mentioned 'National Arab Heritage' month or something. Anyway, I was wondering if that would include Jews?
Or, ... are Jews called 'Jews' to distinguish them from other Arabs ... that are automatically assumed to be 'Muslim'.

On another note, I had a friend who called his parents 'Jews' rather than 'Hungarians'. I asked him about this years later, and he said that his mother put down 'Hungarian', but was told to put down 'Jew'.

I always thought 'Jew' was a religious designation. Now, I'm wondering if it means 'Arab but not Muslim'. Any thoughts on this?

Jews and Arabs are both Semitic, but they are not each other... You can tell because there are different words for them.

This is a bit like asking if eastern Europeans are all Germans...

"Sem·ite
/ˈsemīt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a member of any of the peoples who speak or spoke a Semitic language, including in particular the Jews and Arabs."

It says Jews and Arabs. As though they were different. So, doesn't really answer the question.

Do Palestinians even exist?

"Sem·ite
/ˈsemīt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a member of any of the peoples who speak or spoke a Semitic language, including in particular the Jews and Arabs."

It says Jews and Arabs. As though they were different. So, doesn't really answer the question.

Today they do, did they exist before the 4th century? No. Basically do we recognize the reality of some Arabic folks that lived in Israel when it was renamed Palestine? We seem to, even Israel seems to recognize that these folks exist.

And it's totally false. Judaism is a religion.

Judaism is a religion, and being Hebrew is an ethnicity. Both folks of the religion and the separate ethnicity are called "Jews". I get that you don't want to recognize the ethnicity, but in today's society, and among racist jackwipes, the reality is most folks do.

Judaism is a religion, and being Hebrew is an ethnicity. Both folks of the religion and the separate ethnicity are called "Jews". I get that you don't want to recognize the ethnicity, but in today's society, and among racist jackwipes, the reality is most folks do.

Hebrew is a language.

Back