Are Some Democrats *gasp* ...RACIST?

I suppose at this point Dixie, your options are to eradicate 50% of Birmingham's black population or admit to me you're wrong.

And I think we both know which is more likely.

I am sorry, you are correct about the census data. The poll indicating who would vote for Condi was among Jefferson County voters, and Jefferson County is 38% black. It was published in the Birmingham News, which is how I made the error.

I will also point out, Birmingham is only a small part of Metro Birmingham, and if Birmingham annexed surrounding suburbs, it would rival Atlanta in size. Most natives of Alabama recognize Metro Birmingham as Birmingham, and the Metro area is most of Jefferson County, with a portion of Shelby County as well.

So go get your rocks off... you caught an error in my post! You still didn't score a point because your point was invalid. Oh fuckin well, maybe next time?

The question was part of an exit poll, and it was pretty straightforward wording... Was race a factor in your vote? Y or N

20% said YES! Just openly outright admitted it to the pollster... yessir, race was a factor, damn straight! ....that's pretty bad Care, I don't care how you spin it.

I am amazed at how you are fantasizing about what a republican poll would say, and forming conclusions based on that fantasy. That is just out of this world! "We are much less racist that we can imagine the Republicans being!" LOLOLOLOLOL!! Too funny Care!!

obama never visited kentucky, he shunned the voters there, because they were primarily white women voters and blue collar white male voters.

i mentioned this before, it was Obama who put ''race'' in to the issue in Kentucky, when he chose not to campaign there.

these people don't know obama, never been a part of his electricity or charm that comes out in his campaign....

They know only what the news has put out, and have seen the rev wright tapes that were run, where they probably took some offence to what wright preached on and also said when he hit the media. they also got a chance to see obama debate, which was not his strength, and they got to hear his two speeches where he explained his relationship with wright.....

that's about it on knowing him, along with knowing he's a harvard grad and knowing they ain't....

obama made a CRITICAL POLITICAL MISTAKE in shunning these voters BECAUSE THEY HAD NO CHOICE, BUT TO SHUN HIM BACK IN RETURN....

WHETHER that is race, or racism, is still debateable imho.

care

Why should you visit a state you're going to lose or win whether or not you visit it?

BECAUSE he knew he was ''hurting'' with capturing these voters and he SAYS ''he's going to be the President of ALL PEOPLE'', a President to be that has snookered his fans in to believing he's going to be the President of CHANGE and of HOPE.....

IS THAT limited to only his followers?

he's not showing any strength or change by ignoring the very people that he says he wants to represent......

AND they obviously didn't either.....and you all think obama has the gusto and spunk to meet with his foreign enemies face to face.....as he says? yeah, RIGHT! HE can't even go face to face with American opposers....that he is going to need, in order to win.

i tell you what, if the Obama campaign is really the ones who emailed ALL OF THE PRESS regarding the hillary comment on her husband and rfk on their nominations going thru june in other democratic races, and implying to the press that she wished for obama's DEATH....

while obama in FRONT of the press is saying so gently that 'hillary really meant no harm, HE KNOWS SUCH',

that will be the last straw, and obama will lose my vote completely out of my distrust for him, i will write in hillary....i'm ok if we lose the presidency, as long as we gain the bullet proof senate....

and certainly NOT because i want another hillary chance in 2012....i could care less about 2012, who knows who will even be running? i just can't support someone who is a blatent back stabber, while pretending their not and above it all....

i know i differ with you bigtime on this watermark and desh and others, but unless a miracle happens, i can't see me voting for him...not after this.....

care

BECAUSE he knew he was ''hurting'' with capturing these voters and he SAYS ''he's going to be the President of ALL PEOPLE'', a President to be that has snookered his fans in to believing he's going to be the President of CHANGE and of HOPE.....

he's not showing any strength or change by ignoring the very people that he says he wants to represent......

AND they obviously didn't either.....and you all think obama has the gusto and spunk to meet with his foreign enemies face to face.....as he says? yeah, RIGHT! HE can't even go face to face with American opposers....that he is going to need, in order to win.

i tell you what, if the Obama campaign is really the ones who emailed ALL OF THE PRESS regarding the hillary comment on her husband and rfk on their nominations going thru june in other democratic races, and implying to the press that she wished for obama's DEATH....

while obama in FRONT of the press is saying so gently that 'hillary really meant no harm, HE KNOWS SUCH',

that will be the last straw, and obama will lose my vote completely out of my distrust for him, i will write in hillary....i'm ok if we lose the presidency, as long as we gain the bullet proof senate....

and certainly NOT because i want another hillary chance in 2012....i could care less about 2012, who knows who will even be running? i just can't support someone who is a blatent back stabber, while pretending their not and above it all....

i know i differ with you bigtime on this watermark and desh and others, but unless a miracle happens, i can't see me voting for him...not after this.....

care

Well Care, I would argue that that's politics, but I have argued that to Obama partisans about certain Hillary actions only to be dismissed.

But I do think that's politics, and that in fact, Obama is going to have to be able to play nice on camera while giving it to them off camera. Hillary can do it, and has done it. The good lord knows Republicans can do it. So I can't really say I have a problem with it, but for the record here is one of the places I read about it:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-talk/2008/05/clinton_camp_stokes_rfk_flap_b.html?hpid=topnews

I am going to vote for Obama and I'm actually kind of looking forward to his presidency, though some of his supporters leave a bad taste in my mouth, no doubt about it. But I think he's going to be a pretty good President, or at least I have hopes of that.

But, you are allowed to post here without being an Obama supporter, even if you aren't a Republican. You might not ever guess that, but you are.

care

Care this is absolutely absurd. You can no longer vote for any Democrat, because they don't spend all 3 months of campaign season in Alaska and Texas.

There's no way Obama is going to lose Maine, either, Care. You forget that the majority casts your vote under the winner-take-all system.

Last edited:
Care this is absolutely absurd. You can no longer vote for any Democrat, because they don't spend all 3 months of campaign season in Alaska and Texas.

There's no way Obama is going to lose Maine, either, Care. You forget that the majority casts your vote under the winner-take-all system.

You know, sometimes I wonder how someone so brite can be so dumb? hahahahahaha!

Seriously Watermark, sometimes it is you, not just me, that makes no sense...? lol

What does Alaska and Texas have to do with Kentucky, and the reading of the polls going in to the race, and him going to see these Democrats and charm them away from their concerns about him....

The guy is GONNA HAVE TO do this when it comes to the General...especially if he is as he says he is, a Uniter...as Bush said he was too...:eek:

another reason to be concerned with him imo is that he says ONE THING but he does another...

Like he says he will bring the troops home immediately, but in the Senate when the vote came up, to bring them home, h:eek:e didn't make it in to vote, or he just passed on voting to do such....

Now WHY would he do that...? Was he posturing himself for the Prsidency and didn't want to upset any republican voters? was he "pandering" to them? Was he just clueless on how to vote? Either way, it shows a man lacking any substance....alot ot very nice, soothing, what we want to hear words, but no actions to back any of them up....that's a problem.

I don't think he is ready to be President, he may be someday, but he has no backbone to be one now imo....a man of all trades, but a master at none...he's just not showing that he is ready for the seriousness that this job entails imho....now this doesn't mean that he could not get some kind of crash course, or hire advisers to help him, but that again is frightening to me, because that's another Bush....relying on others most of the time.

I do think the country is ready for change, but that change comes with ANY DEMOCRATIC candidate....I do agree that Hope is a feel good thing that we all must have to move onward....Hope of a better day to come....but again, Hope is nothing but hot air, no substance to it...

And as far as Change that Obama speaks about, the supposed outsider of DC, an outsider of the political garbage and lobbying and Party influence....that is JUST A BLATANT LIE....

Obama IS THE INSIDER, not hillary.....

Obama has had some dirty scummy relationships to get where he is and he has learned the insider way from the best of them...

And he is the one with all the INSIDER SUPPORT....Kennedy, Kerry, Dean, Byrd....all the Joes of the Inside the Beltway Group, he has had dealings with crooks and other lobyists while in illinois where he took money from them and they got their gvt contracts down the road....

HE IS THE INNER CIRCLE, He is no Messiah on this subject IF ANY OF YOU would give him ANY legitimate political scruitiny you will see that Obama IS WHERE HE IS TODAY, because of being an insider...one of the washington dcer's now.

The Clintons were always the outsider, even when Bill made it in to office...it is why he was not liked by the inner circle of Dems....he was a Centrist, did not always go with the party, sometimes went against it, and for many of those situations, Bill Clinton was actually right, and the party was not.

So when I hear this garbage as far as I can tell, that Obama is going to be that Change we need in washington, I simply don't see it, from all that I have read on him....which is ok, politics is politics, but don't go and tell me your guy is above all of that and that this is why you are voting for him, because he will bring change to DC, well, I just don't see it?

Care

You know, sometimes I wonder how someone so brite can be so dumb? hahahahahaha!

Seriously Watermark, sometimes it is you, not just me, that makes no sense...? lol

What does Alaska and Texas have to do with Kentucky, and the reading of the polls going in to the race, and him going to see these Democrats and charm them away from their concerns about him....

The guy is GONNA HAVE TO do this when it comes to the General...especially if he is as he says he is, a Uniter...as Bush said he was too...:eek:

another reason to be concerned with him imo is that he says ONE THING but he does another...

Like he says he will bring the troops home immediately, but in the Senate when the vote came up, to bring them home, h:eek:e didn't make it in to vote, or he just passed on voting to do such....

Now WHY would he do that...? Was he posturing himself for the Prsidency and didn't want to upset any republican voters? was he "pandering" to them? Was he just clueless on how to vote? Either way, it shows a man lacking any substance....alot ot very nice, soothing, what we want to hear words, but no actions to back any of them up....that's a problem.

I don't think he is ready to be President, he may be someday, but he has no backbone to be one now imo....a man of all trades, but a master at none...he's just not showing that he is ready for the seriousness that this job entails imho....now this doesn't mean that he could not get some kind of crash course, or hire advisers to help him, but that again is frightening to me, because that's another Bush....relying on others most of the time.

I do think the country is ready for change, but that change comes with ANY DEMOCRATIC candidate....I do agree that Hope is a feel good thing that we all must have to move onward....Hope of a better day to come....but again, Hope is nothing but hot air, no substance to it...

And as far as Change that Obama speaks about, the supposed outsider of DC, an outsider of the political garbage and lobbying and Party influence....that is JUST A BLATANT LIE....

Obama IS THE INSIDER, not hillary.....

Obama has had some dirty scummy relationships to get where he is and he has learned the insider way from the best of them...

And he is the one with all the INSIDER SUPPORT....Kennedy, Kerry, Dean, Byrd....all the Joes of the Inside the Beltway Group, he has had dealings with crooks and other lobyists while in illinois where he took money from them and they got their gvt contracts down the road....

HE IS THE INNER CIRCLE, He is no Messiah on this subject IF ANY OF YOU would give him ANY legitimate political scruitiny you will see that Obama IS WHERE HE IS TODAY, because of being an insider...one of the washington dcer's now.

The Clintons were always the outsider, even when Bill made it in to office...it is why he was not liked by the inner circle of Dems....he was a Centrist, did not always go with the party, sometimes went against it, and for many of those situations, Bill Clinton was actually right, and the party was not.

So when I hear this garbage as far as I can tell, that Obama is going to be that Change we need in washington, I simply don't see it, from all that I have read on him....which is ok, politics is politics, but don't go and tell me your guy is above all of that and that this is why you are voting for him, because he will bring change to DC, well, I just don't see it?

Care

I think the Clintons were outsiders at one time...but that they are certainly insiders now. There are still plenty of insiders who support Hillary Clinton in this race. I also think that Obama is an insider, who has garnered some inside support you would have expected to go to Hillary. One kind of funny thing that I heard on the news during the week was that John Kerry was super-pissed when Hillary, to his mind, threw him under the bus when he made that joke about doing good in school or you'll end up in the military? And that his coming out so hard for Obama was some payback. And I had forgotten about that whole thing, and I just thought, wow, the way our history is created huh? Slights and paybacks and petty revenge. You'd think we were all still in high school. Which supports my theory that none of us ever really get out of high school.

Back