“As president I could have declassified it”

Trump’s federal indictment contains a transcript of an audio recording of a conversation that took place at his golf club in Bedminster, NJ, on July 21 2021. It includes an exchange between the former president, an unnamed writer, and a staffer. Trump states that he has found a document that was a plan of attack against a foreign country (possibly Iran, which Trump is known to have considered attacking in 2020).

“See, as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

Any document outlining a potential plan of attack would constitute secret defense information protected by the Espionage Act.

A question the indictment does not address is why Trump behaved like this. He held on to secret documents and obstructed federal authorities trying to recover them.
On at least one occasion he showed a document he knew to be secret to an unauthorized person.

Did he keep the documents just to “show off”, or did he have other motives? The indictment does not speculate.

Trump’s federal indictment contains a transcript of an audio recording of a conversation that took place at his golf club in Bedminster, NJ, on July 21 2021. It includes an exchange between the former president, an unnamed writer, and a staffer. Trump states that he has found a document that was a plan of attack against a foreign country (possibly Iran, which Trump is known to have considered attacking in 2020).

“See, as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

Any document outlining a potential plan of attack would constitute secret defense information protected by the Espionage Act.

A question the indictment does not address is why Trump behaved like this. He held on to secret documents and obstructed federal authorities trying to recover them.
On at least one occasion he showed a document he knew to be secret to an unauthorized person.

Did he keep the documents just to “show off”, or did he have other motives? The indictment does not speculate.

I suspect that they charged his personal aide, Nauta, in order to encourage him to nark Trump out. No doubt he has had plenty of conversations with Trump, while moving his boxes here and there to hide them, about why #TRE45ON wanted those classified materials so badly.

I suspect that they charged his personal aide, Nauta, in order to encourage him to nark Trump out. No doubt he has had plenty of conversations with Trump, while moving his boxes here and there to hide them, about why #TRE45ON wanted those classified materials so badly.
I want to know why Nauta hasn’t been arrested. He’s STILL traveling with Trump.

I want to know why Nauta hasn’t been arrested. He’s STILL traveling with Trump.

When is his arraignment? They will probably be ordered not to communicate with each other at the arraignment. That poor guy is going to see the disparity and how he is treated versus trump.

How did classified documents get left in bidens old law office closet and his garage? Were they declassified? Who declassified them?

When is his arraignment? They will probably be ordered not to communicate with each other at the arraignment. That poor guy is going to see the disparity and how he is treated versus trump.

So trump is being treated nicely but Biden isnt?

So trump is being treated nicely but Biden isnt?

? How do you get that?

Where do you come up with these words you always put in my mouth?

"That poor guy is going to see the disparity and how he is treated versus trump." Whats the inference here? Are you actually stupid or do you just play stupid here?

Whoosh! Talking with the adults goes right over your head. We are discussing Nauta, Trump’s gopher.

I know that I don't give a shit. Thats what goes over your head. The clear implication is trump is receiving deferential treatment.

How did classified documents get left in bidens old law office closet and his garage? Were they declassified? Who declassified them?

Probably in the same manor as every other person wound up with them, only they were immediately returned upon discovery

Hello Tranquillus in Exile,

He is a very insecure person with no friends. He does this kind of thing to try to impress others to stroke his fragile ego.

Back