Ask me political/idealogical questions. Will answer them 100% honestly, no trolling

darla, I said 2-3 times already today, that I was trolling. I said it in the very thread you keep citing. I don't think it was actually a good thing. it was bad. It was wrong.

But billy is right, laughing and joking is often a good way to deal with serious issues. Sometimes the burden of seriousness needs to be lifted from us. I just like ruffling everyones jimmies.

My+gun+is+bigger+_76144929408993ff309f618e0f3508f1.jpg

darla, I said 2-3 times already today, that I was trolling. I said it in the very thread you keep citing. I don't think it was actually a good thing. it was bad. It was wrong.

But billy is right, laughing and joking is often a good way to deal with serious issues. Sometimes the burden of seriousness needs to be lifted from us. I just like ruffling everyones jimmies.

I'm sorry I didn't see you saying you were trolling. My bad.

I was referring more towards Congress.

Well obviously there are some problems there as well. Most people never pay attention to congressional politics beyond if the person has a D or R next to their name. It's the very reason why congress can have pretty much unanimous disapproval among our population, but people never think the problems rests with their specific representative.

My take on how congress should operate kind of ends this question early. I don't think those in congress should be able to serve multiple terms. I think a big problem we have as a nation are people using public office as a stepping stone to something greater, and congress is rife with that. So I would solve the problem with - again, term limits. If there is any place in government where I think they are needed the most, it's in congress.

And actually, I would go a step further in say that anyone that serves in one political office, can never serve in another, anywhere. Forever. I think that would do a good job of filtering out all the sociopaths we have in government that just want to move up in power.

People already don't pay attention to congressional politics, allowing it to be a massive filter for those seeking higher office only serves to make it all the more ineffectual. I think it would be great if every 2 years we got a fresh batch of people, with no higher political aspirations, doing it only out of the motive of helping their constituents and nothing more.

Well obviously there are some problems there as well. Most people never pay attention to congressional politics beyond if the person has a D or R next to their name. It's the very reason why congress can have pretty much unanimous disapproval among our population, but people never think the problems rests with their specific representative.

My take on how congress should operate kind of ends this question early. I don't think those in congress should be able to serve multiple terms. I think a big problem we have as a nation are people using public office as a stepping stone to something greater, and congress is rife with that. So I would solve the problem with - again, term limits. If there is any place in government where I think they are needed the most, it's in congress.

And actually, I would go a step further in say that anyone that serves in one political office, can never serve in another, anywhere. Forever. I think that would do a good job of filtering out all the sociopaths we have in government that just want to move up in power.

People already don't pay attention to congressional politics, allowing it to be a massive filter for those seeking higher office only serves to make it all the more ineffectual. I think it would be great if every 2 years we got a fresh batch of people, with no higher political aspirations, doing it only out of the motive of helping their constituents and nothing more.

Awesome.

Or maybe they use humor as a way to cope. My mom and I made jokes about cancer when she was dying of it.

I can understand that. My family's the same. But it doesn't mean I'd want a bunch of strangers making fun of their illnesses under the guise of gallows humor.

I like the above, but would add to it... All States will have nice square boxes with approximately the same population within the box for their districts. No more of these f'in safe seats for the two parties. It is creating lifers (which your above addresses) but it also allows for extremes to win the seats. The more gerrymandered the districts have become, the more polarized DC (and the country) have become.

also this thread is very serial, I want people to ask me questions they have misunderstood about me. I've made such a habit of blending my sardonicism, tongue in cheekness, that I think sometimes I don't even know where I truly stand. This thread is going to be the ultimate reference point so if I'm arguing in a thread, people can look this one up and be like .. . "ok, grind actually just believes 'this'"

Back