At What Point?

WHere did Jesus go after the Resurrection? (you seem to be really avoiding this question since I've asked it a couple times now)

The Apostles whose story you insist on maintaining at least the rough outlines of would indicate you must explain how he could "vanish" before their eyes or ascend into heaven.

Obviously neither of us thinks he necessarily ascended into heaven, it is kind of jarring that he simply seems to disappear from the narrative. If he were mere 'stunned' by the Roman crucifixion then where did he go after that?

And why wouldn't the disciples say "Yeah he went on preaching and going around for many more years" instead of saying he went up to heaven?
Already answered on this thread. Stop asking the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

If NDE is even a possibility, a man who had been tortured and crucified could have died from injury and infection at some point later, and disappeared from any historical narative

Already answered on this thread.
Oh I must have missed it.

If NDE is even a possibukiry, a man who had been tortured and crucified could have died from injury and infection at some point later, and disappeared from any historical narative

So the Disciples hid this fact? Why would they hide the fact that Jesus stuck around for a while????? Why would they say he VANISHED or flew up into heaven?

Do you think the Disciples LIED???????????

So the Disciples hid this fact? Why would they hide the fact that Jesus stuck around for a while????? Why would they say he VANISHED or flew up into heaven?
The NT is a mixture of embellishment, allegory, myth, and history.

I've said this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

The NT is a mixture of embellishment, allegory, myth, and history.

I've said this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

So you think the Disciples lied about Jesus ascending into heaven.

Got it.

LOL. You will get along well with Doc Dutch. So much hatred inside you.
No hatred at all. I would love to sit and have a beer with you...or a coffee if you are not a beer drinker. We could easily have a delightful conversation on a bunch of subjects.

But when you bullshit...I call bullshit. That is what Doc Dutch does also.

Give your explanation for why it's completely impossible for them to believe he went to heaven, if he disappeared and later died from his injuries
Cypress, you're trying to reason with a person who is incapable of it.

Consider all of his lies about his education, his degrees, his multiple name changes like Fredo. I do not see him being a rational person.

Cut the holy rollers shit. It's childish and tiresome.

You do not have a rational position. You are just indecisive.
Horse shit.

You are not being "decisive"...you are merely making a blind guess and insisting that blind guess is correct. You are doing exactly what the theists do...except in a different direction.

Give your explanation for why it's completely impossible for them to believe he went to heaven, if he disappeared and later died from his injuries

Because he is said to have literally vanished in front of them per one account. Not sure how one "exegetes" that away. In Acts "he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. ....”

Care to exegete that one away?

You are perfectly free to say it was a made-up story by a later writer who didn't see or know the facts of the matter. It doesn't have to be a lie except that is all you have left yourself with.

Or you can try to come up with an example of how someone could fly up into the sky in first century Palestine.

I sometimes wonder if trolls like Obtenebrator are the moderators trying to get the forum count to have a high use rate.
A decent theory, but the personalities are different. NFW is Perry eithe Damo, Phan or LR.

Like Sybil, I think it's just easier for the caretakes of mentally incapacitated people to plop them in front of a computer then lock the front door. Safe for the unfortunate victim of mental incapacitation too.

A decent theory, but the personalities are different. NFW is Perry eithe Damo, Phan or LR.

Like Sybil, I think it's just easier for the caretakes of mentally incapacitated people to plop them in front of a computer then lock the front door. Safe for the unfortunate victim of mental incapacitation too.
^^^^^Doesn't like to stay on the topic because he can't insult people enough. Loves to spread hatred and then critiques Christians for being insufficiently good people.

The ironic levels are nearly fractal.

Get off it. Just leave this one alone. No need for your toxicity on here anymore.
What happened to this statement, Perry?:
Stick to the topic if possible.
Time until Perry starts thinking about a new username: 10...9...8....

You once claimed I was a junior college dropout and that you had a PhD, Perry. Who do you believe most JPP members believe is "the smart one"? LOL

What happened to this statement, Perry?:

Time until Perry starts thinking about a new username: 10...9...8....

You once claimed I was a junior college dropout and that you had a PhD, Perry. Who do you believe most JPP members believe is "the smart one"? LOL

Jesus you are a toxic pile of human excrement.

Back