Atheist logic

Ok, I don't necessarily see how you would find intelligence without some level of agency or consciousness, but this is not a god of man-made religions which most definitely do have consciousness and human traits.

God could be the very concept of consciousness.

God! If you are listening............

photo-1571620874594-d6df8b47f708

What is consciousness without something (i.e. humans) to experience it? In other words, if your god actually was consciousness, and there were no beings to experience it, would your god exist?

There would be no intelligence if there was no world. There is no world without intelligence. So, the idea of god has nothing to do with subjectivity.

That is the error, that consciousness is a function of subjectivity.

It seems clear that this could easily go on for 30 or most posts, only to have not gained any more clarity on what is this god that you believe in. I'll just move forward
under the assumption that this is not a god in the typical religious sense. There's no more reason to believe in your god than the typical gods of existing world religions, but it's atypical all the same.

It seems clear that this could easily go on for 30 or most posts, only to have not gained any more clarity on what is this god that you believe in. I'll just move forward
under the assumption that this is not a god in the typical religious sense. There's no more reason to believe in your god than the typical gods of existing world religions, but it's atypical all the same.

Belief is irrelevant. I'm not selling anything.

Belief is irrelevant. I'm not selling anything.

We agree. Belief doesn't impact reality for the existence of your god or any of the thousands of gods that man has ever believed in. The same is true for Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, ghosts, fairies, gnomes, leprechauns, santa clause, the easter bunny, etc.

We agree. Belief doesn't impact reality for the existence of your god or any of the thousands of gods that man has ever believed in. The same is true for Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, ghosts, fairies, gnomes, leprechauns, santa clause, the easter bunny, etc.

Never said anything about "my god." Clearly you have trouble understanding my posts.

I said the closest thing to God that I conceive is that there is intelligence in the universe. Nothing to believe in.

Intelligence is, as you noted in your post, a 'thing'. You mentioned that this thing could be consciousness. You may not be able to explain it, but this 'thing' exists in some form and, as such, any one of us can believe in its existence.

You're trying to say that this intelligence/consciousness IS something, but that something can't be believed to exist.

Intelligence is, as you noted in your post, a 'thing'. You mentioned that this thing could be consciousness. You may not be able to explain it, but this 'thing' exists in some form and, as such, any one of us can believe in its existence.

Absolutely wrong. Does earth have an orbit around the sun? That's intelligence. Are we communicating, that's intelligence.

Back