Bailed-Out Banks' Execs Got $1.6 Billion

So the markets still down.

There wouldn't be a fucking market right now if there had been no bailout.

What is going on between you and epic?

I leave for a few days and you two can't stay civil? You know, unlike you men, I'm a woman. I have shit to do for the holidays. I can't just lay around scratching my whatevers, and all of a sudden there are baked goods, wrapped gifts, and lights.

Try and control yourselves for the Holidays please.

It's good to see you feeling optimistic!

I am too, but I think we'll sink lower in the early part of 09. I think we're going to see a nice rebound shortly after that though.

Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays Onceler.

Hey - thought you left! A big Bill O'Reilly-esque Merry Christmas to you too, Darla. Isn't the snow great? (well, unless you have to travel)

I agree that we'll probably sink a little lower, and it will be a bit volatile for awhile, but I think the downward spiral is over. I'm hoping for a summer recovery (along w/ a sequel to SATC).

Hey - thought you left! A big Bill O'Reilly-esque Merry Christmas to you too, Darla. Isn't the snow great? (well, unless you have to travel)

I agree that we'll probably sink a little lower, and it will be a bit volatile for awhile, but I think the downward spiral is over. I'm hoping for a summer recovery (along w/ a sequel to SATC).

No I didn't leave. I'm just really busy. I am having Christmas Eve dinner for 15 people, and it's pretty crazy. I just had a lot to do. I'm taking a break while my stolen cooks right now. I'll be back next week though. The snow is great, it really makes it look and feel like Christmas. I have my lights on during the day now, ever since it snowed. Because it's so pretty.

A sequel to SATC! I had to read that three times. I thought it was a financial term. LOL

But when there are no other choices and you have someone over a barrell, they will accept most any condition, rendering it a form of control, even if it is also a condition.
There are ALWAYS other choices. The bug three went to Congress, not the other way around.

Riiiiight...

I forgot the Bilderboogers totally manipulated this to allow the Noahides to seize control through the Corbumite solution by restricting the choices to "one."

Riiiiight...

I forgot the Bilderboogers totally manipulated this to allow the Noahides to seize control through the Corbumite solution by restricting the choices to "one."

The Bilderbergers is a real and verifiable organization, composed of heads of state, industry, and various power obsessed hangers on.

Ding ding ding ding ding!

Trog wins!

Wait, wait, I need to find my foil beanie to use as party hat to celebrate my victory!

Man you're a idiot. It went down more in 2 weeks post bailout/bailout talk than it did in the first 9 months of the recession pre-bailout/bail-out talk. It created the consumer panic, if the Federal Reserve would have continued their WAMU, Bear Sterns policies rather than their bailout the whole system we would be much better off..

No dear little Obfuscate, the idiot here is you. Again, the market was headed down PRIOR to the bailout package's first vote. It hovered around a major technical breakpoint (dow 10725) right up until the initial vote. The vote failed and the technical breakpoint was violated. THAT is when the market began its major decline. Not because of the bailout, but because of the technical break.

To pretend it was due to the bailout itself, which didn't get approved for another five days and still hasn't been fully implemented (they just got half of it into the system) is what makes you an idiot. If you don't understand techincal trading, don't be embarrassed, most people don't. But please stop pretending you know what is occuring in the market.

If you don't understand techincal trading, don't be embarrassed, most people don't.

If you don't understand how "Animal Spirts" play a major role in how an economy functions and how the bailouts and bailout talk have ruined confidence then you need more schooling.

If you don't understand how "Animal Spirts" play a major role in how an economy functions and how the bailouts and bailout talk have ruined confidence then you need more schooling.

Again, you quite obviously do not comprehend technical trading. The reason it is used is to determine trends. Trends that are set in large part on the psychology of the market as a whole or a particular index/sector/security. That is why you don't rely solely on fundamentals as they do not measure consumer sentiment.

Again, the market and sentiment were trending DOWN prior to the bailout talk. Once techincals were broken on October 6th, BOTH tanked to the lows for the year. Since then they have both rebounded. Though the market has once again become stuck in a trading range as other issues are still looming that could cause a further technical test at 7470 and then again at 7200.

But again, the downturn was not due to the bailout package that was approved as you suggested. AGAIN, it was in part due to the failure of the package to pass the first time as that led to the technical break. But not due to the implementation.... which AGAIN is still in progress.

again moron, since you seem to be completely challenged when it comes to reading comprehension....

ONCE THE MARKET BROKE THE 50% RETRACEMENT, IT PLUNGED DUE TO THE TECHNICAL VIOLATION.

TRYING TO BLAME THIS ON THE ACTUAL BAILOUT AS YOU HAVE BEEN IS IDIOTIC. IT WAS MORE DUE TO THE POTENTIAL OF NOT GETTING SOMETHING DONE. HENCE THE TECHNICAL BREAK OCCURING THE SAME DAY AS THE BAILOUT PACKAGE FAILED.

Hopefully the large letters help you with your reading comprehension this time.

Back