Bailout bill fails

They’re going to hold the vote open, and twist arms, including using bribes (earmarks) to get the votes, I heard?
I really don’t want this bailout, I am hoping they don’t get the votes.

They’re going to hold the vote open, and twist arms, including using bribes (earmarks) to get the votes, I heard?
I really don’t want this bailout, I am hoping they don’t get the votes.

If they buy me a pony, I'll get my rep to vote for it.

"Stock market down 700."

That's the important stat here.

If they can't pass this or something like it this week, I don't think the doomsday/depression predictions are too far off.

Jobs don't hang around too long when the market is losing 500-1000 pts. a week...

If this bailout is such a heroic move why isn't one party looking to be known as the "party who got it done"?

Why wouldn't they walk the plank? Because this thing is a turkey, meant only for the rich. Nobody wants to be marked by this malodorous pile of crap.

The Whips are going crazy.... Geez. I was almost excited that it actually failed but 11 votes to change? It's probably going to get done.

Slow down and do this right, I know re-election is up but your doing the right thing will do far more to get you elected than one more retarded expensive dinner.

I hope it does not pass. I do not think this is the best way to go.
for a couple of items I think breakup provisions of the biggies need to be in there and regulations reinstated to prevent a reoccurance.

The Whips are going crazy.... Geez. I was almost excited that it actually failed but 11 votes to change? It's probably going to get done.

Slow down and do this right, I know re-election is up but your doing the right thing will do far more to get you elected than one more retarded expensive dinner.
But this is the wong thing, fascist sellout.

Signed,

A loud talker.

"Stock market down 700."

That's the important stat here.

If they can't pass this or something like it this week, I don't think the doomsday/depression predictions are too far off.

Jobs don't hang around too long when the market is losing 500-1000 pts. a week...

Well, this bill sucks, and the DOW is down 4 something now. Not the end of the world yet. We are being rushed into a Bush boondoggle because the end of the world is coming…again. And I don’t trust Frank either, to be honest. I think he’s in the pocket of investment interests. I think this bill sucks, sorry.

Close the vote and let it hang. If Pelosi really wants this bill she can bring it back up later. Screw this bullshit of holding the vote open. It failed. Move on.

Close the vote and let it hang. If Pelosi really wants this bill she can bring it back up later. Screw this bullshit of holding the vote open. It failed. Move on.
Make something smarter, one that nobody in the legislative branch would avoid because they want to be part of a solution. Twisting arms on legislation like this is stupid, it failed because it sucks.

Well, this bill sucks, and the DOW is down 4 something now. Not the end of the world yet. We are being rushed into a Bush boondoggle because the end of the world is coming…again. And I don’t trust Frank either, to be honest. I think he’s in the pocket of investment interests. I think this bill sucks, sorry.

No bill is going to be "good." I don't think Frank & Dodd & everyone are all in the pocket, either.

The gist I have gotten from the last week is that the details of the bill do not really matter; as it is, I am glad that there is oversight, and some other protections. But it's the bailout that matters; without the bailout, foreign investors & a lot of big money is simply going to jump ship. The market will truly tank, and once that happens, anything goes. It's not just CEO's losing their golden parachutes. It's millions of Americans losing jobs, dramatically cutting their spending and the economy shrinking in a serious way.

I don't think people are exaggerating it. I think we're in trouble.

Back