Barack Obama: A Horse of a Different Color

It's fine to critique it, yet I'd note that not a single secretary has been nominated yet. It's a little early to bash the diversity in the Obama Administration.

I don't agree with that, nor do I believe the American people are supposed to be bystanders in our government.

I don't agree with that, nor do I believe the American people are supposed to be bystanders in our government.

What don't you agree with? The first sentence is a simple fact. Not a single secretary has been nominated. There has been speculation about a few of them at most (State, Treasury, Defense).

You can criticize and cajole all you want in order to ensure that your interests are taken into consideration but questioning "the balance and diversity of perspectives" at this stage is just silly. He has made a single cabinet-level appointment. Just one.

Wow I did not know that Emanuel's father was infact a Jewish Terrorist. He was a member of the Irgun which used terror and the murder of civilians to force the creation of the Israeli state. That really is pretty disturbing. If he had picked a Palestinian American whose dad was a member of the PLO people would have freaked. The Irgun is the otherside of the coin that is the PLO.
Yup. It's one of the things I brought up when his name was just a trial balloon and everybody kept telling me that I should just shut up. Criticism is not well received when it concerns decisions of Obama.

Yup. It's one of the things I brought up when his name was just a trial balloon and everybody kept telling me that I should just shut up. Criticism is not well received when it concerns decisions of Obama.

Yeah I recall all the support I got from many on here now that were on another board in 2000 when I critized Bush.

Hypocracy anyone ?

Pathetic is more the word ?

Actually, you said it was just a trial balloon to get Jewish votes. And I don't think anyone told you to shut up but rather suggested that the reason you provided for the trial balloon was just plain silly, which it was.

What don't you agree with? The first sentence is a simple fact. Not a single secretary has been nominated. There has been speculation about a few of them at most (State, Treasury, Defense).

You can criticize and cajole all you want in order to ensure that your interests are taken into consideration but questioning "the balance and diversity of perspectives" at this stage is just silly. He has made a single cabinet-level appointment. Just one.

I disagree that it's too early to critique Obama's choices or list of choices.

Are you of the belief that Obama is going to pick a pro-Palestinian for his cabinet? .. I'm not. So why is it too early?

How many names of liberals are even mentioned? If there are places for conservatives and even republicans in his administration, shouldn't there be places for the left?

Taking a look at his short list of choices for the rest of his cabinet, I don't see many black, hispanic, or women names listed.

I've interpreted where he's coming from and perhaps I've been following his actions a bit closer than you .. and if I'm proven wrong, I'll be more than happy to acknowledge my mistake .. but I've heard this song before .. I already know how it ends.

I disagree that it's too early to critique Obama's choices or list of choices.

Are you of the belief that Obama is going to pick a pro-Palestinian for his cabinet? .. I'm not. So why is it too early?

How many names of liberals are even mentioned? If there are places for conservatives and even republicans in his administration, shouldn't there be places for the left?

Taking a look at his short list of choices for the rest of his cabinet, I don't see many black, hispanic, or women names listed.

I've interpreted where he's coming from and perhaps I've been following his actions a bit closer than you .. and if I'm proven wrong, I'll be more than happy to acknowledge my mistake .. but I've heard this song before .. I already know how it ends.

The pundits have already claimed that women are not going to be happy with his choices. I am a little disappointed, too with some of his exclusions!
I do keep thinking, it is better than Rumsfeld or Cheney! Maybe I better knock that off and be serious about it!

The pundits have already claimed that women are not going to be happy with his choices. I am a little disappointed, too with some of his exclusions!
I do keep thinking, it is better than Rumsfeld or Cheney! Maybe I better knock that off and be serious about it!

The "lessor of two evils" argument no longer applies my brother. The election is over.

I knew he would ignore African-Americans and the antiwar faction, but the one demographic I was sure he would not ignore is women, but even that is questionable.

Barack Obama’s Cabinet Choices Could Insult Women
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/erbe/2008/11/12/barack-obamas-cabinet-choices-could-insult-women.html

Will President Obama Invite Women into His Administration?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/madeleine-m-kunin/will-president-obama-invi_b_142211.html

It's appears that I'm not the only one speculating

AND, the growing questions may be what's behind the sudden shift to Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State .. which also demonstrates why you shouldn't wait until consequences happen before you make your suspicions and critique heard.

Last edited:
Did you wait before you judged George Bush? .. I didn't.

George Bush seemed neutral and safe to most people. How would I judge him, I didn't live in Texas and while I am liberal I had no idea how bad he would be - neither did you, neither did most because if they had he would lost more soundly than he did lose.

George Bush seemed neutral and safe to most people. How would I judge him, I didn't live in Texas and while I am liberal I had no idea how bad he would be - neither did you, neither did most because if they had he would lost more soundly than he did lose.

Ahh .. you'll have to speak for yourself there my friend.

Bush was transparent .. my question is how did you not know?

I don't live in Texas either, but you don't have to live in Texas to know his record in government and his record in business. Most people who paid attention knew he was incompetent even before he was elected president.

AND, "most people" did not vote for him. He lost the popular vote and won with Electoral College votes, the Supreme Court, and a slight of hand called electronic paperless faith-based voting.

One might forgive Americans for voting for him the first time, but the second time is completely unforgiveable.

Actually, you said it was just a trial balloon to get Jewish votes. And I don't think anyone told you to shut up but rather suggested that the reason you provided for the trial balloon was just plain silly, which it was.
Nah, mostly they rejected it out of hand because of the "F*ck republicans!" thing I also brought up along with his father being a Jewish Terrorist who was in the same organization as Menachim Begin.

And yeah, you all pretty much dismissed any concern or criticism. I remember y'all just pumping the guy up as if he was the one who invented an improvement to the wheel. Now suddenly people are concerned about terrorist ties.

President-elect Obama has decided to tap Eric Holder as his attorney general, putting the veteran Washington lawyer in place to become the first African-American to head the Justice Department, according to two legal sources close to the presidential transition.

Holder, who served as deputy attorney general during the Clinton administration, still has to undergo a formal “vetting” review by the Obama transition team before the selection is final and is publicly announced, said one of the sources, who asked not to be identified talking about the transition process. But in the discussions over the past few days, Obama offered Holder the job and he accepted, the source said. The announcement is not likely until after Obama announces his choices to lead the Treasury and State departments.

http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/poweringup/archive/2008/11/18/obama-s-attorney-general.aspx

Nah, mostly they rejected it out of hand because of the "F*ck republicans!" thing I also brought up along with his father being a Jewish Terrorist who was in the same organization as Menachim Begin.

And yeah, you all pretty much dismissed any concern or criticism. I remember y'all just pumping the guy up as if he was the one who invented an improvement to the wheel. Now suddenly people are concerned about terrorist ties.
I think I was the only one that agreed with you that it was an attempt to get a few more jewish grandparent votes out of florida. I still think that but I think it was not so much a trial balloon as it was a fully inflated vote Obama and you will get Rahm balloon.

I think I was the only one that agreed with you that it was an attempt to get a few more jewish grandparent votes out of florida. I still think that but I think it was not so much a trial balloon as it was a fully inflated vote Obama and you will get Rahm balloon.
Yeah, it appears that way.

Obama appears to have chosen another ex-Clintonite, Eric Holder for Attorney General. Republicans are going to go after Holder for his role in Clinton's pardons of Mark Rich and 16 Puerto Rican nationalists while he was Deputy AG in the Clinton Administration..

Holder also defended UBS against charges of racial discrimination.

Holder also said, shortly after the Patriot Act was signed into law, that dissenters should not be tolerated, and he invoked 9/11 while calling for the firing of any "petty bureaucrat" who might suggest that proper procedures be followed and that the separation of powers be respected?

Appearing on CNN in June, 2002, the former Clinton administration Justice Department aide sounded as if he had just stepped out of the Bush camp: "We're dealing with a different world now. Everybody should remember those pictures that we saw on September the 11th. The World Trade Centers aflame, the pictures of the Pentagon, and any time some petty bureaucrat decides that his or her little piece of turf is being invaded, get rid of that person. Those are the kinds of things we have to do."

If that's unsettling, consider the fact that Holder was part of the legal team that in 2005 developed strategies for securing re-authorization of the Patriot Act.

Holder, as a corporate lawyer in private practice after leaving the Clinton team, played a key role in negotiating an agreement with the Justice Department that got Chiquita Brands International executives off the hook for paying protection money to right-wing death squads in Colombia.
http://www.thenation.com/blogs/state_of_change/384564/the_trouble_with_eric_holder?rel=hpbox

Holder said in an interview that he is considering not only prosecuting more marijuana cases but also asking the D.C. Council to enact stiffer penalties for the sale and use of marijuana.

He also wants to throw more people in jail for prostitution.

Just what the greatest prison nation in human history needs .. more people in jail for minor crimes.

Last edited:
Is Obama going to be a second Clinton without the strange?

And what is this stiffer penalties for MJ? WTF? Fire the 'dissidents'? Man, this guy is the new Darth Vader...

Obama appears to have chosen another ex-Clintonite, Eric Holder for Attorney General. Republicans are going to go after Holder for his role in Clinton's pardons of Mark Rich and 16 Puerto Rican nationalists while he was Deputy AG in the Clinton Administration..

Holder also defended UBS against charges of racial discrimination.

Holder also said, shortly after the Patriot Act was signed into law, that dissenters should not be tolerated, and he invoked 9/11 while calling for the firing of any "petty bureaucrat" who might suggest that proper procedures be followed and that the separation of powers be respected?

Appearing on CNN in June, 2002, the former Clinton administration Justice Department aide sounded as if he had just stepped out of the Bush camp: "We're dealing with a different world now. Everybody should remember those pictures that we saw on September the 11th. The World Trade Centers aflame, the pictures of the Pentagon, and any time some petty bureaucrat decides that his or her little piece of turf is being invaded, get rid of that person. Those are the kinds of things we have to do."

If that's unsettling, consider the fact that Holder was part of the legal team that in 2005 developed strategies for securing re-authorization of the Patriot Act.

Holder, as a corporate lawyer in private practice after leaving the Clinton team, played a key role in negotiating an agreement with the Justice Department that got Chiquita Brands International executives off the hook for paying protection money to right-wing death squads in Colombia.
http://www.thenation.com/blogs/state_of_change/384564/the_trouble_with_eric_holder?rel=hpbox

Holder said in an interview that he is considering not only prosecuting more marijuana cases but also asking the D.C. Council to enact stiffer penalties for the sale and use of marijuana.

He also wants to throw more people in jail for prostitution.

Just what the greatest prison nation in human history needs .. more people in jail for minor crimes.

LOL Man you are such a downer! Can't you leave me alone in my insulated world of happy ignorance?

Yeah, that stuff he said is pretty disheartening. :(

LOL Man you are such a downer! Can't you leave me alone in my insulated world of happy ignorance?

Yeah, that stuff he said is pretty disheartening. :(

Now you see why I tell people they shouldn't talk to me.

C'mon, I gave everybody a break and went into hiding for a while.

My wife hates me

My brother won't return my calls

.. ands my favoirite posters, like you, will soon be putting me on ignore

Cain't a brother get some love :(

Now you see why I tell people they shouldn't talk to me.

C'mon, I gave everybody a break and went into hiding for a while.

My wife hates me

My brother won't return my calls

.. ands my favoirite posters, like you, will soon be putting me on ignore

Cain't a brother get some love :(
I don't hate you my brother. YOu and I have some differing opinions on the government but I know you have the best interest of America at heart. Even if you are wrong!:D

Back