Barack Obama: Disappointing so far....

CanadianKid

I was discussing with some colleagues at work, and we are all disappointed in Barack Obama....And this is coming from a group of liberals...

It seems he spends all his time and energy on the "thought of governing", aka making big policy speeches and stuff and not actually doing the hard, dirty, and necessary "act of governing"....

You know the USA doesnt need a showhorse....it needs a workhorse right now....

CK

Obama has the worst presidential ratings for a president that is not president yet.

Hopefully, that means he only has one way to go and that is UP.

I'm still hoping for an improvement over where we are today. Give him some time is what I say... I think if things aren't perfect by January 31st it is time to start bitching. :pke:

Immie

Bingo Immie. You gotta give the guy a week or so in office before you go to griping. January 31 should work quite nicely. :)

Obama's first 100 days in office will be key in regards to how long this recession goes on for.

Not to help the Liberals but... when I pull a number out of my ass, it always sounds more like I know my shit when it's a good round number like 100.

LOL, Chap, did you write that because you actually believe it or because it sounds convincing?

Not to help the Liberals but... when I pull a number out of my ass, it always sounds more like I know my shit when it's a good round number like 100.

LOL, Chap, did you write that because you actually believe it or because it sounds convincing?

first 100 days is a benchmark for every president in my lifetime.

first 100 days is a benchmark for every president in my lifetime.

You could at least acknowledge that, regardless of whether it is viewed by some people as "a benchmark for every president" in your lifetime, the first 100 days analysis is completely arbitrary.

But you one-upped the arbitrariness be proclaiming that, not only are the first 100 days important, but that Obama's first 100 days will be key in regards to how long the recession lasts. Which is pretty nonsensical.

You could at least acknowledge that, regardless of whether it is viewed by some people as "a benchmark for every president" in your lifetime, the first 100 days analysis is completely arbitrary.

But you one-upped the arbitrariness be proclaiming that, not only are the first 100 days important, but that Obama's first 100 days will be key in regards to how long the recession lasts. Which is pretty nonsensical.

Do you think so? A lot of economists seem to be writing that if he doesn't get a huge stimulis bill passed right off, it's going to prolong the recession. Though Krugman is very depressing, because his numbers are showing high unemployment rates two years from now even with the stimulis.

Do you think so? A lot of economists seem to be writing that if he doesn't get a huge stimulis bill passed right off, it's going to prolong the recession. Though Krugman is very depressing, because his numbers are showing high unemployment rates two years from now even with the stimulis.

I can't say I've been listening to every single economist, but I've heard a few, and Krugman is definitely in a minority on this.

I know he won the Nobel & everything, but that dude is really a rain cloud. It doesn't seem like he has it in him to think with optimism.

I can't say I've been listening to every single economist, but I've heard a few, and Krugman is definitely in a minority on this.

I know he won the Nobel & everything, but that dude is really a rain cloud. It doesn't seem like he has it in him to think with optimism.

Thats because he too often mixes his political agenda in with his economic views. The economy just 'can't be good' unless all of the programs he wants to see are being implemented.

There are 2 factors at play there. I think if you asked most economists which is more important, the now or the huge, they would lean towards the huge. it may not be possible to get a huge stimulus bill passed now. That being the case, a meager stimulus package within 100 days would be much less efficacious than a big stimulus bill within 150.

It's going to be bad for a while either way.

There are 2 factors at play there. I think if you asked most economists which is more important, the now or the huge, they would lean towards the huge. it may not be possible to get a huge stimulus bill passed now. That being the case, a meager stimulus package within 100 days would be much less efficacious than a big stimulus bill within 150.

It's going to be bad for a while either way.

Ok that makes sense.

Well, I hope he's not right, especially about the Japanese model he has been talking about, but he often is. Not always though. I've definitely seen him be wrong.

Back