Barr is Going to fuck Mccain's shit up

Yeah I figure so. But if the "Fair Tax" was enacted would foreign business like to build here. Has to be some advantage for them to push for it. Which to me means businesses would pay less taxes.
What evidence have you that foreign companies are pushing for this? Also, what evidence is there that they would benefit in the way you suggest?

No, you changed it. There is a difference. The Fair Tax Act would effectively remove taxes from the poor completely. And it would increase the ability for US businesses to compete on a global market.

Some time ago the top companies in Europe & Japan were asked how they would respond to the US changing to a consumption tax. Over 75% said they would open plants in the US. Several said they would relocate their corporate headquarters to the USA.

Read the book about Fair Tax and find out what its about.

for Damo.

Based on another posters post on the fair tax stuff.
And what evidence had they? I didn't see any evidence, just supposition. No foreign companies that I have seen have pushed for such a system. Without evidence your supposition is baseless. Businesses hiring people here would not be a 'bad thing' for consumers. It is silly to suggest so. But even that supposition didn't suggest that they were 'pushing for it'.

And what evidence had they? I didn't see any evidence, just supposition. No foreign companies that I have seen have pushed for such a system. Without evidence your supposition is baseless. Businesses hiring people here would not be a 'bad thing' for consumers. It is silly to suggest so. But even that supposition didn't suggest that they were 'pushing for it'.

Assholeo. It is not my supposition.
sheesh.
Take another suppository and chill dude.

What evidence have you that foreign companies are pushing for this? Also, what evidence is there that they would benefit in the way you suggest?

"Bill Archer, former head of the House Ways and Means Committee, asked Princeton University econometricists to survey 500 European and Asian companies regarding the impact on their business decisions if the United States enacted the FairTax. Of these companies, 400 responded that they would build their next plant in the United States while the remaining 100 companies said they would move their corporate headquarters to the United States."

As soon as I find the actual study I will post a link to it.

I don't think I said that foriegn companies were pushing for it. I just stated what they said they would do if we switched to a consumption based tax system.

"Bill Archer, former head of the House Ways and Means Committee, asked Princeton University econometricists to survey 500 European and Asian companies regarding the impact on their business decisions if the United States enacted the FairTax. Of these companies, 400 responded that they would build their next plant in the United States while the remaining 100 companies said they would move their corporate headquarters to the United States."

As soon as I find the actual study I will post a link to it.

I don't think I said that foriegn companies were pushing for it. I just stated what they said they would do if we switched to a consumption based tax system.
No, uscit said they were "pushing for it".

Yeah I figure so. But if the "Fair Tax" was enacted would foreign business like to build here. Has to be some advantage for them to push for it. Which to me means businesses would pay less taxes.
Note here, in this post, uscit said they were 'pushing for it'. Hence my questions and quoting of his post. He took your post then just assumed that it meant that they were 'pushing for it'. Hence I asked for evidence of this amazing supposition.

Yes pushing for it was my words, but if they would build here and relocate world headquarters here. I would assume they would be eager for it to happen.

I am not going to play your picky word games today Damo :)

Yes pushing for it was my words, but if they would build here and relocate world headquarters here. I would assume they would be eager for it to happen.

I am not going to play your picky word games today Damo :)
Instead you will restate the original supposition that I questioned. A survey taken for another entity is them "pushing for it"? I'm not sure what your assumption is here. What evidence do you have that foreign companies have 'pushed for it'?

I probably wont. I really don't like his past stances. I have to be convinced he's really turned over a new leaf.

You should take him at his word. I mean what else do you really have to go on?

He's the man. Vote for Barr!

You should take him at his word. I mean what else do you really have to go on?

He's the man. Vote for Barr!

relax. Even if I don't vote for Barr I would never vote for mccain. Plus I live in mass so my vote wont count anyway. You're good.

Back