Barr is Going to fuck Mccain's shit up

relax. Even if I don't vote for Barr I would never vote for mccain. Plus I live in mass so my vote wont count anyway. You're good.

having seen you post for all these years, I think its clear that Barr's ideology and positions line up with a lot of the libertarians on this board and as such (if they aren't voting for Obama), I you guys shoudl vote for barr

No, you changed it. There is a difference. The Fair Tax Act would effectively remove taxes from the poor completely. And it would increase the ability for US businesses to compete on a global market.

Some time ago the top companies in Europe & Japan were asked how they would respond to the US changing to a consumption tax. Over 75% said they would open plants in the US. Several said they would relocate their corporate headquarters to the USA.

Read the book about Fair Tax and find out what its about.

Yeah right. I take those surveys with a grain of salt.

There's simply no reason why my progressive consumption tax would be any worse for the economy than the fair tax.

The corporate and business taxes are already passed off to the consumer. These taxes are just "feel good" taxes for politicians. They can also say that they are taxing businesses more. But these taxes are always included in the cost of the products or services. So they are part of the prices.

In fact, on average, 23% to 25% of the prices of items and services are taxes paid by the businesses.

Then why don't we place all our taxes on business to simplify the entire process?

Back