Barrack Jimma Carter Obama

I suppose we're pretending that June of 2006 never happened?
Only if you are pretending that the stories were never used for what I said they were.

:rolleyes:

You are being deliberately disingenuous. What part of "expiration" is difficult for you to understand?

Only if you are pretending that the stories were never used for what I said they were.

You are being deliberately disingenuous. What part of "expiration" is difficult for you to understand?

You're a fucking hack.

I still fail to understand why people that obviously will not be impacted by the estate tax care so much about taxes on the uberwealthy.

This is another of my favorite arguments: If the bill the Republicans passed and President Bush signed does what they designed it to do I'm blaming the Democrats!

Please. Piss off with this bullshit.
i was kidding.. both parties are at fault for not coming to consensus. neither seem to be willing to budge and both are trying to add to larger bills. It needs to be dealt with by itself

You're a fucking hack.

I still fail to understand why people that obviously will not be impacted by the estate tax care so much about taxes on the uberwealthy.
How the hell would you know if I would be impacted? I'm always amazed at the assumptive ability of others.

Regardless of whether I will be effected, some people that should not be will. And it will especially happen after 2011 even more so than before.

In fact, just this year the Senate passed a bill that extends the 2009 level ($7 million exemption for couples). Obviously, it was a Democratic proposal.

You're a fucking hack.

I can only speak for myself but I find it a matter of principle and it is an extremely inefficient use of capital due to the amount of time and money spent to avoid paying the tax.

In fact, just this year the Senate passed a bill that extends the 2009 level ($7 million exemption for couples). Obviously, it was a Democratic proposal.
It did not change the expiration at all. And the left argues that they should be followed without regard to fixing this problem. Your disingenuous pretense notwithstanding you have not dealt with that fact honestly. There is no proposed fix for this in "let the tax cuts expire".

In fact, as I stated earlier, the problem will be even more pronounced due to inflation effects.

It did not change the expiration at all. And the left argues that they should be followed without regard to fixing this problem. Your disingenuous pretense notwithstanding you have not dealt with that fact honestly. There is no proposed fix for this in "let the tax cuts expire".

In fact, as I stated earlier, the problem will be even more pronounced due to inflation effects.

Hotshot, the Baucus Amendment permanently extends the 7 million exemption. The Democrats did not, and had no intention to, let the estate tax cuts expire in their entirety. They just had no intention to repeal estate taxes in their entirety.

Hotshot, the Baucus Amendment permanently extends the 7 million exemption. The Democrats did not, and had no intention to, let the estate tax cuts expire in their entirety. They just had no intention to repeal estate taxes in their entirety.
*ahem *

Mr. Hack? Can you tell me what the vote was to approve that particular Amendment? Was the support, in fact, bipartisan? Did the vote of 99 to 1 show that there was indeed two sides working together? Oops, I think I may have let the first question's answer slip....

Your point was to show that the right was unreasonable (I admit all or nothing is almost always unreasonable and don't like the all or nothing approach to tax reform specifically as contrary) and the left was uber-reasonable and that the right was for "all or nothing"....

Your own Amendment shows that occasionally, when they work together they can get something right.

;)

BTW - I need the cutoff to be just a bit higher... Please?

It is nice to see that sometimes something good can happen to good people...

*ahem *

Mr. Hack? Can you tell me what the vote was to approve that particular Amendment? Was the support, in fact, bipartisan? Did the vote of 99 to 1 show that there was indeed two sides working together? Oops, I think I may have let the first question's answer slip....

Your point was to show that the right was unreasonable (I admit all or nothing is almost always unreasonable and don't like the all or nothing approach to tax reform specifically as contrary) and the left was uber-reasonable and that the right was for "all or nothing"....

Your own Amendment shows that occasionally, when they work together they can get something right.

;)

BTW - I need the cutoff to be just a bit higher... Please?

Can you do me a favor and review the roll call votes from that day and see what the Republicans were pushing? Then let me know if the Democrats were insisting on letting the cuts expire.

This is a typical Republican move. Take an extreme position (repeal!) wait for a reasonable alternative to be presented ($7 million permanently) and then negotiate to something closer to the extreme (what about $10 million at 5%).

Desh are you retarded, unnessary profits. thats comical thanks

Dungshit I like my dividend, and let me drill anwr and I won't but they stock back.
What you idiots don't get is millions of Americans make up the oil companies.
They are on average WAY SMARTER THAN YOU
Will the government give back this money when the oil companies have a shitty year and LOSE money?

Can you do me a favor and review the roll call votes from that day and see what the Republicans were pushing? Then let me know if the Democrats were insisting on letting the cuts expire.

This is a typical Republican move. Take an extreme position (repeal!) wait for a reasonable alternative to be presented ($7 million permanently) and then negotiate to something closer to the extreme (what about $10 million at 5%).
Why don't you? There were three other amendments that were voted on that day, the one that got all D and no R votes, Salazar's, didn't raise the limit at all, two others, one for $5M and one for $10M were rejected as well.

I'm willing to admit that my disappointment for the R's not compromising was assuaged a bit by the amendment. Was yours? Or are you going to pretend that 99 to 1 isn't significant bipartisan support?

Will the government give back this money when the oil companies have a shitty year and LOSE money?

its very extream and sets a very scary precident. Not something to take lightly.
Adding a selective tax to 5 American oil companies seems flat wrong. Why didnt they add windfall tax to Microsoft in the 90's when they were pulling 90% margins.

I think the better bet would be going after them with investigations.

Why don't you? There were three other amendments that were voted on that day, the one that got all D and no R votes, Salazar's, didn't raise the limit at all, two others, one for $5M and one for $10M were rejected as well.

I'm willing to admit that my disappointment for the R's not compromising was assuaged a bit by the amendment. Was yours? Or are you going to pretend that 99 to 1 isn't significant bipartisan support?

Salazar's amendment raised the exemption to $10 million at a 35% rate. In fact, each of the proposed amendments were to the right of where they finally ended up.

As I said, it's typical Republican negotiation tactics. Stake out the hardest right flank you can, wait for the other side to be reasonable (which now becomes the left-most position), then negotiate from there to the right of reasonableness. It didn't work in this instance.

Salazar's amendment raised the exemption to $10 million at a 35% rate. In fact, each of the proposed amendments were to the right of where they finally ended up.

As I said, it's typical Republican negotiation tactics. Stake out the hardest right flank you can, wait for the other side to be reasonable (which now becomes the left-most position), then negotiate from there to the right of reasonableness. It didn't work in this instance.
No, it didn't. As far as I read about it it created a fund to provide for farmers and their families, but didn't raise the limit at all. It was the welfare fund that most of the R's objected to.

It's from his site:

http://salazar.senate.gov/news/releases/080403estatetax.htm

Senator Salazar has long been working to provide estate tax relief to family farmers, ranchers and small businesses. Last month, Senator Salazar offered an amendment to the Senate Budget Resolution to create a deficit-neutral reserve fund dedicated to estate tax relief for family farmers and ranchers and small business owners. This reserve fund would have provided sufficient funds to accommodate a range of different reform options , allowing Congress sufficient flexibility to continue to examine how to move forward with permanent, comprehensive and fiscally responsible estate tax reform. The amendment was defeated by a vote of 38-62.

Their "negotiation tactics" got a bipartisan amendment supported by 99 of 100.... That's pretty darn good.

It seems that you can't admit that when every R votes for something it means that they were willing to support a compromise...

Amazing. :rolleyes:

And you pretend that I am the hack?

I was pissed at their "all or nothing tactics" that I thought they had applied, I had given you the benefit of the doubt. Boy did I learn my lesson!

Back