Behind the Earmarks - Crab Mating Habits and Harbor Seal Genetics

Yep and you can play statisticks to show that per person AK has a higher crime rate than Chicago.

I am not playing with statistics.

Alaska is a huge state. Its weather makes any project more difficult. The population density is lower than any other state by a significant margin.

Those are all factors in how much money they request.

Now how much of it was junk and how much was a genuine necessity is the question.

The governor can request them from the delegation. An anti-earmark governor shouldn't request them like Palin did.
Her anti-earmark position built up over time after seeing the effects of earmarks. Her second year as governor she requested over 50 Million less than she received her first year and was working to move them in the downward direction. It was just this January where she requested the State legislators to stop relying so heavily on Federal earmarks, and they backed it down.

At least this is what I get from the numbers I have seen and what she has said. I guess I should let her explain the downward trend and her motivation in that direction.

Her anti-earmark position built up over time after seeing the effects of earmarks. Her second year as governor she requested over 50 Million less than she received her first year and was working to move them in the downward direction. It was just this January where she requested the State legislators to stop relying so heavily on Federal earmarks, and they backed it down.

At least this is what I get from the numbers I have seen and what she has said. I guess I should let her explain the downward trend and her motivation in that direction.

Jesus Christ.

Preparing for a VP run with McCain? She was for it before she was against it!

Damo is becoming a bigger McCain/Palin hack than SF. They said it couldn’t be done. Or course, he’s not “endorsing” them, and he won’t. Just to be clear.

Earmarks are part of how the process works.

You all send your congress critters to Washington to bring home the goods for your state.

When they negociate to get things past they do this thing called compromising.

Earmarks are part of that.

When your congress critters misuse earmarks because they have a shit load of power to get whatever they want then its up to you to take them to task.

You dont because they are bringing home the bacon huh?

This bullshit that Rs are against earmarks is transparent.

They just want you to think they are because it gives you the illusion that they care about the country as a whole.

You vote for them to balance the budget, end earmarks, bring morality to goverment, protect marriage, keep down the gays.

Then they explode the debt, pad their states with federal money,Lie their asses off, fuck their congressional aides, and have wide stances.

Then they say it all over again and you forget about the last eight years.

Republicans are just so silly.

Back