Being Heavily in Debt Is Also Bad for Your Health: Poll

Anyone remember when Dano used to argue that public transportation was a liberal program that no one really wanted?

Those were good times...

One of the best perks of my job is a company truck and gas card.

I don't abuse it, but it certainly saves me a fortune. I live 130 miles from my main office. If I only drove my car here on monday morning and home friday evening, I would still drive more than 12,000 miles.

Selling old, used software door-to-door is where it's at, baby!

I’ll bet that market is really picking up now, too Onceler. Let’s face it, if you are struggling, are you going to buy new software, or are you going to say, “ you know, maybe I can get a deal on some used software” and go to craigslist. Which is where I bet you have your ads, am I right?

car repairs don't come close to leasing in the long run.
Having a newer car is a perk you should do if your rich like Chappy

car repairs don't come close to leasing in the long run.
Having a newer car is a perk you should do if your rich like Chappy

yah.. rich chapdog is driving a $200 a month camary 4banger that doesn't even have key less entry.

yah.. rich chapdog is driving a $200 a month camary 4banger that doesn't even have key less entry.

If it makes you feel any better I no longer have keyless entry on mine. My son decided to hide my last set of keys last week...needless to say I had to call a locksmith out to even get in the thing. $120 for that and if i want new keyless remotes its $100 a piece. I think I no longer mind sticking the key in the slot lol.

If it makes you feel any better I no longer have keyless entry on mine. My son decided to hide my last set of keys last week...needless to say I had to call a locksmith out to even get in the thing. $120 for that and if i want new keyless remotes its $100 a piece. I think I no longer mind sticking the key in the slot lol.

what kind of car do u drive 'texas' meg. i bet its a giant gas guzzler being from texas and all.

defensive meg

what kind of car do u drive 'texas' meg. i bet its a giant gas guzzler being from texas and all.

:p Just what are you eluding to chap? Maybe I do have a large vehicle (pronounced vee HICK el in tx), but there are instances when a larger means of transport are necessary. Keep in mind, if you will, that I have 2 yr old twins WITH carseats, and also 2 very large dogs. Also, my means of transport is 4 yrs old and has 25k miles on it. No way I could afford filling that thing up now days more often than I do.

On a side note, I tried buying a more "economical" minivan when it was determined that a large vehicle was necessary, but my "lifetime watching" husband said he wouldn't have a minivan in the driveway. Gonna make him eat his words now lol.

:p Just what are you eluding to chap? Maybe I do have a large vehicle (pronounced vee HICK el in tx), but there are instances when a larger means of transport are necessary. Keep in mind, if you will, that I have 2 yr old twins WITH carseats, and also 2 very large dogs. Also, my means of transport is 4 yrs old and has 25k miles on it. No way I could afford filling that thing up now days more often than I do.

On a side note, I tried buying a more "economical" minivan when it was determined that a large vehicle was necessary, but my "lifetime watching" husband said he wouldn't have a minivan in the driveway. Gonna make him eat his words now lol.

sorry, not to stereotype you as the typical suburban family with the 2 kids, 2 dogs, suburban planned neighborhood, and big ass SUV. Your doing just as society wants you to do... fitting the mold.. was an easy guess.

OMG Chap has to use a key to get into his car! How much worse can things get?! Baby Jesus, will no one help us?

i actually like driving my Tacoma but the ac crapped out in it last year. now it sits in the driveway except for when im transporting things and during winter weather.

Last edited:
sorry, not to stereotype you as the typical suburban family with the 2 kids, 2 dogs, suburban planned neighborhood, and big ass SUV. Your doing just as society wants you to do... fitting the mold.. was an easy guess.

struck a familiar chord with you did it?

chap part of why your rich is driving the camery instead of Lexus like a lot of people in your income group are doing. Kudo's

chap part of why your rich is driving the camery instead of Lexus like a lot of people in your income group are doing. Kudo's

Id only buy a car like that if i was already set for life and had money to burn. Otherwise its a total waste of money.

Back