Biden Tariffs China, Endorses Trump Policies!

Kamala Trump

Verified User

Biden Levies Sweeping Tariffs on Chinese Chips, Solar Cells, EVs​

By
FATIMA ATTARWALA

Published May 14, 2024

KEY TAKEAWAYS​

• President Biden has significantly escalated tariffs on a wide range of Chinese imports, from semiconductors and solar cells to electric vehicles.
  • These tariffs represent a substantial increase from previous levels, with those on EVs rising to 100% from 25% this year.
  • The changes are projected to affect around $18 billion in current annual imports from China, the White House said.
President Joe Biden imposed sweeping tariffs on a large swath of Chinese imports from steel to semiconductors and electric vehicles on Tuesday, turning up the heat on trade tensions between the two countries as U.S. officials accuse China of overcapacity in manufacturing.1

The changes, the culmination of a review of the Section 301 tariffs under former President Donald Trump starting in 2018, are projected to affect around $18 billion in current annual imports, according to the White House.

"Today’s actions to counter China’s unfair trade practices are carefully targeted at strategic sectors," the White House said in its statement.

Tariffs Jump on Steel, Semiconductors, EVs​

The administration said that the tariff rate on certain steel and aluminum products under Section 301 will increase to 25% in 2024 from 0%–7.5%; the rate on semiconductors will increase to 50% by 2025 from 25%; and the rate on electric vehicles will rise to 100% this year from 25%.

Also this year, there will be an increase to 25% from 7.5% on the tariff rate for lithium-ion EV batteries and battery parts, and increase to 50% on solar cells from 25%.

Trade Representative Katherine Tai separately said the report also includes a recommendation for allocating additional funds to U.S. Customs and Border Protection for greater enforcement of the tariffs.2

U.S. Efforts to Promote Domestic Manufacturing in Critical Industries​

The Biden administration has been spending billions of dollars to promote domestic manufacturing in critical industries in recent months as it seeks to counter what it sees as China's increasing dominance in many fields.

A lot of people who complained about the tariffs and trade war during the Trump years have gone radio silent as Biden has done the same. Like a lot in politics, it's not so much about the act itself but rather who is doing it.

I understand there are issues with China who doesn't always play by the global rules when it comes to trade. That said, these tariffs and trade wars are still bad economics and policy .

The WSJ had a good piece on this calling it the Green Trade War.

And it only took Biden three-ish years to realize he fucked up and had to reverse his own insanely stupid and wrong political decisions.

Biden: 50 years of fucking up and being on the wrong side of every political decision and counting!

And it only took Biden three-ish years to realize he fucked up and had to reverse his own insanely stupid and wrong political decisions.

Biden: 50 years of fucking up and being on the wrong side of every political decision and counting!
If I'm not mistaken he's left most of the (Trump) tariffs in place and is now simply doubling down and adding more. He's not reversing anything to my knowledge.

Nah, he’s campaigning in Michigan, playing to the crowd, and don’t even attempt to tell us the other guy doesn’t do the same

A lot of people who complained about the tariffs and trade war during the Trump years have gone radio silent as Biden has done the same. Like a lot in politics, it's not so much about the act itself but rather who is doing it.

I understand there are issues with China who doesn't always play by the global rules when it comes to trade. That said, these tariffs and trade wars are still bad economics and policy .

I’d agree, tariffs are tricky, and history has shown us they can backfire just as often as they are successful

If I'm not mistaken he's left most of the (Trump) tariffs in place and is now simply doubling down and adding more. He's not reversing anything to my knowledge.

Biden was against them before he was for them. In typical Joke fashion, he made the wrong decision, then when it bit him in the ass bigtime, he reversed himself, doubled down on the opposite, and is likely to see his overreaction be just as big a fuck up as his first one.

Biden was against them before he was for them. In typical Joke fashion, he made the wrong decision, then when it bit him in the ass bigtime, he reversed himself, doubled down on the opposite, and is likely to see his overreaction be just as big a fuck up as his first one.
That article doesn't reference Biden speaking out against them that I saw. I wish he removed these tariffs but he hasn't. He's left them in place and now is doubling down (just as Trump has discussed doing if he gets back in office).

It doesn't matter whether its Trump or Biden doing it, it's bad for America on the whole.

nope.

they are the correct policy.

Biden deserves to be president if he keeps this up.

why do you cling to globalist retardation?

That article doesn't reference Biden speaking out against them that I saw. I wish he removed these tariffs but he hasn't. He's left them in place and now is doubling down (just as Trump has discussed doing if he gets back in office).

It doesn't matter whether its Trump or Biden doing it, it's bad for America on the whole.
no.

it's good.

you're just a dumb globalist traitor sellout fuckup.

Well, when it comes to "Green" Biden has jumped in the deep end of the pool and isn't coming up for air. His policies on that are some of the worst stupidity to come from Dirty City in decades. Green is expensive and doesn't work. Now he's trying to squash the competition from China because US companies are floundering big time on Greentard shit nobody wants or will buy while the Chinese dump their Greentard shit on us using massive--far more massive than our government's--subsidies to prop up the companies making that crap.

I am not a fan of China, but I am not a fan of tariffs either. I am a fan of Joe Biden.

And I believe that Biden will back off his plans to add tariffs onto China goods!

I mean, the tariffs mentioned are to kick in over a period of a couple of years.

By the time they become active, Biden will have probably already back-downed on most of them.

I think Biden is just testing the bathwater to see what kind of reaction China has to counter-offer with!

It's tough when China tries to say that there is no Trade Deficit- WHEN THERE ACTUALLY IS! BUT...............

........If there truly is a trade deficit, the US needs to understand that it is OUR OWN DAMN FAULT- NOT CHINA'S!

Well, when it comes to "Green" Biden has jumped in the deep end of the pool and isn't coming up for air. His policies on that are some of the worst stupidity to come from Dirty City in decades. Green is expensive and doesn't work. Now he's trying to squash the competition from China because US companies are floundering big time on Greentard shit nobody wants or will buy while the Chinese dump their Greentard shit on us using massive--far more massive than our government's--subsidies to prop up the companies making that crap.
You will get no argument from me for being against Biden's policies or being against his doubling down on these tariffs in an effort to support his electric car visions. My position is whether it is Trump or Biden doing it, the net affect of these tariffs over the past seven to eight years have been negative for the country and this is supported by the data.

I am not a fan of China, but I am not a fan of tariffs either. I am a fan of Joe Biden.

And I believe that Biden will back off his plans to add tariffs onto China goods!

I mean, the tariffs mentioned are to kick in over a period of a couple of years.

By the time they become active, Biden will have probably already back-downed on most of them.

I think Biden is just testing the bathwater to see what kind of reaction China has to counter-offer with!

It's tough when China tries to say that there is no Trade Deficit- WHEN THERE ACTUALLY IS! BUT...............

........If there truly is a trade deficit, the US needs to understand that it is OUR OWN DAMN FAULT- NOT CHINA'S!
Little lizarda are not very bright.
Brandon strongly opposed any tariffs and there are multiple videos and articles proving that fact. YOU look them up as it will give you a great chance to prove me wrong.
Brandon increased Trump's tariffs. YOU can look that up too.
Que all the alt-leftie dimwits that railed against Trump when he put them into effect. Too bad this forum format was so beat up or I would have found a few dozen examples and I suspect you are prominent among them.

Little lizarda are not very bright.
Brandon strongly opposed any tariffs and there are multiple videos and articles proving that fact. YOU look them up as it will give you a great chance to prove me wrong.
Brandon increased Trump's tariffs. YOU can look that up too.
Que all the alt-leftie dimwits that railed against Trump when he put them into effect. Too bad this forum format was so beat up or I would have found a few dozen examples and I suspect you are prominent among them.
I do not know any Brandons, but, if you are referring to Biden, yes, he criticized Trump for inducing tariffs that only cost Americans billions in tax money to pay Farmers that got shafted as a result of them.

And yes, I also criticized Trump for imposing the tariffs by XO.

And by doing so, I feel compelled to be able to criticize Biden for imposing tariffs, if and when they should go into effect and harms anyone.

I criticize all presidents, when they fuck up or say or do something stupid.

You wouldn't have me any other way Sir.! You would want me to be consistent!

Last edited:

How about this?

I understand there are issues with China who doesn't always play by the global rules when it comes to trade.
Correct.
That said, these tariffs and trade wars are still bad economics and policy .
Incorrect.

BTW, these "Biden tariffs" are fake, especially regarding EVs. China will skirt around them via making their EVs in Mexico instead of making them in China.

It's all being done for optics because an election is coming up. As you correctly noted, Biden and company HATED the Trump tariffs during his term, but they are now silent regarding this (albeit manipulative) announcement.

... and he's STILL on the wrong side of this one because these "tariffs on China" aren't actually tariffs on China. China is just going to make their EVs in Mexico (as already planned) to avoid these "tariffs".

Biden Levies Sweeping Tariffs on Chinese Chips, Solar Cells, EVs​

By
FATIMA ATTARWALA

Published May 14, 2024

KEY TAKEAWAYS​

• President Biden has significantly escalated tariffs on a wide range of Chinese imports, from semiconductors and solar cells to electric vehicles.
  • These tariffs represent a substantial increase from previous levels, with those on EVs rising to 100% from 25% this year.
  • The changes are projected to affect around $18 billion in current annual imports from China, the White House said.
President Joe Biden imposed sweeping tariffs on a large swath of Chinese imports from steel to semiconductors and electric vehicles on Tuesday, turning up the heat on trade tensions between the two countries as U.S. officials accuse China of overcapacity in manufacturing.1

The changes, the culmination of a review of the Section 301 tariffs under former President Donald Trump starting in 2018, are projected to affect around $18 billion in current annual imports, according to the White House.

"Today’s actions to counter China’s unfair trade practices are carefully targeted at strategic sectors," the White House said in its statement.

Tariffs Jump on Steel, Semiconductors, EVs​

The administration said that the tariff rate on certain steel and aluminum products under Section 301 will increase to 25% in 2024 from 0%–7.5%; the rate on semiconductors will increase to 50% by 2025 from 25%; and the rate on electric vehicles will rise to 100% this year from 25%.

Also this year, there will be an increase to 25% from 7.5% on the tariff rate for lithium-ion EV batteries and battery parts, and increase to 50% on solar cells from 25%.

Trade Representative Katherine Tai separately said the report also includes a recommendation for allocating additional funds to U.S. Customs and Border Protection for greater enforcement of the tariffs.2

U.S. Efforts to Promote Domestic Manufacturing in Critical Industries​

The Biden administration has been spending billions of dollars to promote domestic manufacturing in critical industries in recent months as it seeks to counter what it sees as China's increasing dominance in many fields.
Can't buy comedy that good.

Back