Blatantly Illegal:’ NASCAR Bans White Applicants From ‘Diversity Internship’

ptif219

Verified User
NASCAR is breaking the law. Their WOKE agenda will destroy thei fan base. Nascar put politics above their fans they will pay the price

https://www.dailywire.com/news/blat...ns-white-applicants-from-diversity-internship

NASCAR offers a paid “diversity internship” that excludes white people from applying on the basis of their race, a stipulation a constitutional lawyer tells The Daily Wire is “blatantly illegal.”
The race car giant’s “diversity internship program” states that there are racial requirements that applicants must meet in order to be accepted.The first bullet point listed under the heading “Program Requirements” reads “Be a member of one or more of the following races/ethnic minority classifications: Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Latino or Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.”David Bernstein, a professor at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia School of Law, told The Daily Wire that NASCAR’s racially discriminatory program is “blatantly illegal,” noting that it would “seem to violate Title VII and the 1866 Civil Rights Act.”Having a 100% quota for minorities for a position is illegal even under a very generous view of what is allowed,” Bernstein said, adding that a potential applicant who was unable to apply on the basis of his or her race would have legal standing to sue the company.
NASCAR’s diversity internship program appears to be part of a broader company campaign called “Drive for Diversity,” which also includes race-based mentorship programs.
Despite implementing racial requirements for program applicants, NASCAR’s job postings state that the company is an equal opportunity employer. “NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available,” it reads before going on to say “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.”
NASCAR has faced criticism in recent years for “going woke.” Last year it apologized for having Texas’s Republican Gov. Greg Abbott appear at one of its races, and just this month it suspended a driver indefinitely for “liking” a meme on Instagram that made light of the death of George Floyd. Some fans reacted to the suspension by calling for a Bud Light-style boycott of the racing league.

NASCAR has lost a lot of fans. First with multi-car teams. Then with the "car of tomorrow" and their bias with GM. In short, NASCAR sucks.

When NASCAR goes militantly WOKE you must understand that it is all over....it is too late...you blew it.

Buckle Up...this is going to hurt...and you earned it.

NASCAR has lost a lot of fans. First with multi-car teams. Then with the "car of tomorrow" and their bias with GM. In short, NASCAR sucks.

Nascar lost me with their stages and going green then they let Wallace play the race card

Nascar lost me with their stages and going green then they let Wallace play the race card

They lost me when the cars didn't resemble what Detroit was making anymore.
I was always a Ford fan. Mainly, the Wood Bros. #21, no matter who was driving it.
They held the most team wins for years until Hendricks and Childress went to having
multi car teams and passed them using multiple cars. I still hope the #21 wins, but
my interest has faded to the point I don't watch unless there's nothing else on. And
I usually fall asleep before the big wrecks happen, anyway. It ain't what it once was.
And then there was bawlin' Bubba, lying about a door pull rope for attention...

Real auto racing does not consist of 'Go fast, turn left...'

That goes along with the old sour puss attitude that Drag Racing was not "Real" racing either.

But, yet there is still a huge NHRA fan base! It still raises the hair on peoples arms! It still gives people goosebumps!

There is still nothing like the sound of a Nitro'ed Hemi in full stride!

Trust me, NASCAR will still be popular as well, in spite of all the politics of the day!

But, regarding your comment, Americans have just not been huge fans of Grand Prix racing. I think it is a shame, but that is just a fact!

Last edited:
That goes along with the old sour puss attitude that Drag Racing was not "Real" racing either.

But, yet there is still a huge NHRA fan base!

Americans have just not been huge fans of Grand Prix racing. I think it is a shame, but that is just a fact!

Anybody can go fast in a straight line...

The law is over...there are privileges and there are penalties for displeasing your overlords.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Sez the chinese agent. Nascar don't mean shit to me.

It probably would have had I not been an NHRA fan first.

But my heart is devoted to drag racing and nothing else will ever do it for me in that way! Probably because I used to race my cars at the drag strips back when I was in my teens and twenties!

I always felt that when NASCAR got popular, it seemed to steal a lot of Drag Racing's thunder. A I saw less people in the stands at NHRA events.

Perhaps if NASCAR is boycotted by the Trump Crowd, NHRA will make a comeback to the huge popularity it had back in the muscle car days of the 60's and 70's!!

Back