Blatantly Illegal:’ NASCAR Bans White Applicants From ‘Diversity Internship’

It probably would have had I not been an NHRA fan first.

But my heart is devoted to drag racing and nothing else will ever do it for me in that way! Probably because I used to race my cars at the drag strips back when I was in my teens and twenties!

I always felt that when NASCAR got popular, it seemed to steal a lot of Drag Racing's thunder. A I saw less people in the stands at NHRA events.

Perhaps if NASCAR is boycotted by the Trump Crowd, NHRA will make a comeback to the huge popularity it had back in the muscle car days of the 60's and 70's!!

Which Nationals have you attended?

Real auto racing does not consist of 'Go fast, turn left...'

I saw a documentary on Michael Schumacher.
After switching to the Ferrari team he had a clearly inferior car to what he had when with Benetton yet turned Ferrari around and eventually won a world championship with them.
Goes to show driver skill counts far more in F1.

Formula 1 is real racing.

While living in Europe I got to see several F1 races.
After spectating one of those it’s hard to tolerate a NASCAR race.
Watching NASCAR is like watching a merry-go-round. Makes me dizzy.

Last edited:
Which Nationals have you attended?

Only 2!

Even though the Texas Motorplex is not owned by the NHRA, there has only ever been two National events here.

Billy Meyers owns the Texas Motorplex!

I normally attend the annual NHRA Texas Fall Nationals every October. I have missed some years!

Everybody shows up to race in these events! They are 3 day events, and I always go to watch the finals!

Only 2!

Even though the Texas Motorplex is not owned by the NHRA, there has only ever been two National events here.

I normally attend the annual NHRA Texas Fall Nationals every October. I have missed some years!

Everybody shows up to race in these events! They are 3 day events, and I always go to watch the finals!

I've been going to Maple Grove all 3 days since Kenny Bernstein broke 300 mph, up until the Chinese Disease. Kenny Koretski bought Maple Grove and it will continue to run the National's first "playoff" race in Sept. I wanted to go this year, but the GF didn't want to go. I still might go with one of my friends, though. We stay in a motel in Denver, then go to the Shady Maple smorgasbord on Sat. evening for dinner. Great weekend, but it ain't cheap!

Only 2!

Hey, I forgot to tell ya, I still have the Budweiser Louie the Lizard shirt (and his last funnycar shirt)! I was always a Bernstein fan

Hey, I forgot to tell ya, I still have the Budweiser Louie the Lizard shirt (and his last funnycar shirt)! I was always a Bernstein fan

Loved his funny cars and rail jobs! We miss our old Texas Boy since he retired.

I think his son Brandon is now on the Lucas Oil team.

Loved his funny cars and rail jobs! We miss our old Texas Boy since he retired.

I think his son Brandon is now on the Lucas Oil team.

Yes, Brandon was in the office of a team last I heard. I miss Eddie Hill too. I have an autographed pic of Eddie and Ercie Hill, Joe Amato (alone) and Darrel Russel (together), and Bob and Etta Glidden, to name a few.

Yes, Brandon was in the office of a team last I heard. I miss Eddie Hill too. I have an autographed pic of Eddie and Ercie Hill, Joe Amato (alone) and Darrel Russel (together), and Bob and Etta Glidden, to name a few.

Not to mention John Force and his daughter Brittany!

One of my old school favorites is Don Prudhomme, but Big Daddy Garlits may be the first drag racer I ever knew by name.

I can't even remember the guy back in the 60's that popped all those wheelie's in the wheelie wagon, and who was the Hurst Under Glass Barracuda guy?

I must have dementia, because I forgot their names!

Those were the good ole days!

Last edited:
NASCAR has lost a lot of fans. First with multi-car teams. Then with the "car of tomorrow" and their bias with GM. In short, NASCAR sucks.

The entire purpose of auto racing used to be to advance the state of the art.

Now all forms of racing dictate the configuration of the cars in the rules so specifically
that all the cars competing are virtually identical.

It's all about the drivers now,
not about the cars,
so I don't find motosports the least bit interesating any more.

That goes along with the old sour puss attitude that Drag Racing was not "Real" racing either.

But, yet there is still a huge NHRA fan base! It still raises the hair on peoples arms! It still gives people goosebumps!

There is still nothing like the sound of a Nitro'ed Hemi in full stride!

Trust me, NASCAR will still be popular as well, in spite of all the politics of the day!

But, regarding your comment, Americans have just not been huge fans of Grand Prix racing. I think it is a shame, but that is just a fact!

I guess you haven't noticed there are fewer people in the stands, lizard.

Not to mention John Force and his daughter Brittany!

One of my old school favorites is Don Prudhomme, but Big Daddy Garlits may be the first drag racer I ever knew by name.

I can't even remember the guy back in the 60's that popped all those wheelie's in the wheelie wagon, and who was the Hurst Under Glass Barracuda guy?

I must have dementia, because I forgot their names!

Those were the good ole days!

Ain't nothin' like smell of nitro to open your sinuses and make your eyes water. Not to mention the ground pounding of 12,000 HP.

The entire purpose of auto racing used to be to advance the state of the art.

Now all forms of racing dictate the configuration of the cars in the rules so specifically
that all the cars competing are virtually identical.

It's all about the drivers now,
not about the cars,
so I don't find motosports the least bit interesating any more.

Yeah, everything's just about the same in every type of auto racing anymore. I, being a Ford man, I still root for the car. Like I said before, I always liked the #21 Wood Bros. car, and at this point, I don't care who's driving it. I loved it back when Darrell Waltrip cried like a baby that the Fords had an advantage, so NASCAR raised the Ford's suspension and dropped the Chevys. Bill Elliot went a lap down at Talladaga and came back and won the race, and there wasn't the "lucky dog" to get back on the lead lap. Waltrip was pissed! I loved it!

I like F1, Those cars are a feat in engineering

Back