Blunt puts it bluntly :McCain is a third Bush term

The war and the economy.

where do they differ?

Here dyou go cawacko.

Tell me in what ways McCain and Bush are different?

I have asked this on this thread and others and I never get an answer.

Gladly.

1) Global Warming and the Environment

2) Spending - McCain has fought against pork barrell spending for years and has fought for balance budgets in the past. Until a year ago Bush never saw a spending bill he wouldn't sign.

3) Iraq - McCain was calling early on for Bush to fire Rumsfield and change the strategy in Iraq. Bush obviously chose not to.

4) Bi-Partisan - This one is hard to compare because Bush was never in the Senate however I doubt to many are going to call Bush bi-partisan. McCain has probably been the most bi-partisan person in the Senate. He has teamed up with Feingold, Kerry and Kennedy among others.

I could probably give you more. Top four off the top of my head.

Yet one candidate is proposing three times more deficit spending than the other candidates. Both parties may be bad, but in this election it is abundantly clear that one candidate is appreciably worse that the others by a factor of three. You, a self-proclaimed deficit hawk, support that candidate.

You've lost your bearings, if you ever had them.

But even Socratease doesn’t understand this DH. Epic obviously doesn’t. SF is a hack and is not expected to care. But the others… Facts are irrelevant. I can’t believe it.

1. Votes and bvills submitted on GW ?

2. How did McCain vote on those budgets prior to a year ago ?

3. Yeah that is still wrong though.

4. Just shows that McCain sells out easy.

Gladly.

1) Global Warming and the Environment

2) Spending - McCain has fought against pork barrell spending for years and has fought for balance budgets in the past. Until a year ago Bush never saw a spending bill he wouldn't sign.

3) Iraq - McCain was calling early on for Bush to fire Rumsfield and change the strategy in Iraq. Bush obviously chose not to.

4) Bi-Partisan - This one is hard to compare because Bush was never in the Senate however I doubt to many are going to call Bush bi-partisan. McCain has probably been the most bi-partisan person in the Senate. He has teamed up with Feingold, Kerry and Kennedy among others.

I could probably give you more. Top four off the top of my head.

You get one, the first.

On spending, talking about pork barrel spending is a red herring. Pork barrel spending could go away tomorrow in its entirety and it wouldn't make a discernible dent in federal spending. Whoop-dee-doo, McCain tilts against windmills. Additionally, he has completely flip-flopped on his balanced budget ideas, instead preferring to increase deficit spending by a couple trillion dollars. No dice on this one.

On Iraq, at present there is no daylight between Bush and McCain. Further, while McCain likes to claim that he called on Bush to fire Rumsfled he never actually did that. Ever. Instead, he steadfastly supported the president's plan.

Finally, on bi-partisanship McCain has crafted this image of being a bi-partisan guy but if you look at his record, aside from the time that he hated Bush, he is one of the most straight party-line voters on the R side of the aisle. He acts bi-partisan on things that don't matter but when push come to shove he follows the party line.

You get one, the first.

On spending, talking about pork barrel spending is a red herring. Pork barrel spending could go away tomorrow in its entirety and it wouldn't make a discernible dent in federal spending. Whoop-dee-doo, McCain tilts against windmills. Additionally, he has completely flip-flopped on his balanced budget ideas, instead preferring to increase deficit spending by a couple trillion dollars. No dice on this one.

On Iraq, at present there is no daylight between Bush and McCain. Further, while McCain likes to claim that he called on Bush to fire Rumsfled he never actually did that. Ever. Instead, he steadfastly supported the president's plan.

Finally, on bi-partisanship McCain has crafted this image of being a bi-partisan guy but if you look at his record, aside from the time that he hated Bush, he is one of the most straight party-line voters on the R side of the aisle. He acts bi-partisan on things that don't matter but when push come to shove he follows the party line.

Who do you believe is more bi-partisan in the Senate?

Bipartisanship is the only thing that McCain would be different on; I do think that he would work with a Dem Congress, unlike Bush, who has continued to astound me with how little he is willing to compromise & work with others. That 'uniter' bullshit was truly bullshit; of all of this negative qualities, his failure to be a uniter is one of the most glaring.

I think McCain would try, but it is a mistake to think he's a moderate in any sense of the word. He's a hardcore conservative, but he'd also want to get some things accomplished, so on that, he would work with a Dem Congress. The environmental stuff is just lip service; he doesn't believe in it.

1) Global Warming and the Environment(he and Bush now agree it on this issue)

2) Spending - McCain has fought against pork barrell spending for years and has fought for balance budgets in the past. Until a year ago Bush never saw a spending bill he wouldn't sign.(the past is the past he now supports all of the Bush tax cuts and spending)

3) Iraq - McCain was calling early on for Bush to fire Rumsfield and change the strategy in Iraq. Bush obviously chose not to. ( he is now right in line with the Bush paln for Iraq)

4) Bi-Partisan - This one is hard to compare because Bush was never in the Senate however I doubt to many are going to call Bush bi-partisan. McCain has probably been the most bi-partisan person in the Senate. He has teamed up with Feingold, Kerry and Kennedy among others. ( He has abandoned this and now votes right in line with the R membership)

1) Global Warming and the Environment(he and Bush now agree it on this issue)

2) Spending - McCain has fought against pork barrell spending for years and has fought for balance budgets in the past. Until a year ago Bush never saw a spending bill he wouldn't sign.(the past is the past he now supports all of the Bush tax cuts and spending)

3) Iraq - McCain was calling early on for Bush to fire Rumsfield and change the strategy in Iraq. Bush obviously chose not to. ( he is now right in line with the Bush paln for Iraq)

4) Bi-Partisan - This one is hard to compare because Bush was never in the Senate however I doubt to many are going to call Bush bi-partisan. McCain has probably been the most bi-partisan person in the Senate. He has teamed up with Feingold, Kerry and Kennedy among others. ( He has abandoned this and now votes right in line with the R membership)

Oh yeah, Bush and McCain and Hillary and Obama all think the same on global warming and the environment.

You asked for how they are different. I told you. You don't have to believe it or you can justify to yourself why they are the same.

How is Obama different than all previous liberal Democratic candidates?

//

He is black ?

Also pretty smart it appears.

A sharp dresser and keeps clean, but a lousy bowler.

//

He is black ?

Also pretty smart it appears.

A sharp dresser and keeps clean, but a lousy bowler.

I can't argue with the first one.

I don't think the issue in the past has been are the Dem candidates smart (i believe most Dems would say they have been)

He is a good dresser. He usually looks pretty sharp.

Who do you believe is more bi-partisan in the Senate?

The Arizona Republic did a piece about this not to long ago. The link is below. This is the key finding:

A Washington Post analysis notes McCain voted with the GOP this term 88.3 percent of the time, the same as Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., whose conservative credentials are seldom questioned. McCain ranked ahead of 29 other Republicans, including Arizona's Jon Kyl, who holds the No. 2 spot in party leadership.

Congressional Quarterly gave McCain a 90 percent score for "party unity" voting last year and said he supported the president's position on legislation 95 percent of the time. During the Bush years, McCain's poorest totals from CQ were 67 percent party-unity voting in 2001 and 77 percent support for the Bush agenda in 2005.

He's mostly a party-line voter, particularly when running for president.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/05/07/20080507mccainvotes0507.html

Your Problem cawacko is McCain is the same as a third Bush term.

Obama is a good Democrat and needs not be different vastly then the platform.

Its Bush the world hates not the Dems.

Your Problem cawacko is McCain is the same as a third Bush term.

Obama is a good Democrat and needs not be different vastly then the platform.

Its Bush the world hates not the Dems.

Who "the world" likes should be a very very minor consideration in casting our vote for President.

Back