bonkers.. Webb was asked and said no to VP slot.

So if I call the campaign and tell them I am not interested, one would be reasonable in assuming the position was offered?

hummmm, maybe thats a reason to word it the way Webb did, to keep his stock up!
Again, it would be EVIDENCE of such. You said there was NO EVIDENCE. Later you admit there is some, however circumstantial.

I'm happy with that. It means that you are not the worst lawyer in history and can actually see evidence.

So what you are saying is that there is no reasonable explination for Webbs actions other than Obama having offered him the position of VP?
I said other than an attempt to garner popularity where there was none (not so in Webb's case) or just plain arrogance I can see no good reason to do such other than a request he gets back to them.

Had he just made an announcement in the Media, I may see what you are saying, but making a show of contacting Obama himself does not point to your reading of this. He was answering a previous contact, the evidence points to that being far more likely than just calling him up to officially reject what was never spoken of between the two.

So Chaps claim was disingenous.

The idea that Obama offered the job to Webb is just as plausable as several other senarios.

I believe it is likely Obama has a list of 4-5 people, he is trying to narrow that list down so he said, let them know they are on the short list and we would appreciate them letting us know if they are not ineterested so we dont spend any more time, money, energy on them.

Webb being a polititan, decided to get some media attention out of that by making his position public and intnetionally making it sound more like he was offered the job.

what difference does it make. short list and being told hes being considered is worthy of being recognized. IM happy that obama had him there. makes me feel like maybe hes looking to govern from a moderate stance as president.

what difference does it make. short list and being told hes being considered is worthy of being recognized. IM happy that obama had him there. makes me feel like maybe hes looking to govern from a moderate stance as president.

The difference is that you said he was asked, but you have no proof of that!

The difference is that you said he was asked, but you have no proof of that!

semantics. the guy said he talked to obama and told him he didnt want to be vp. do u think he just happened to be talking about obama about the Washington nationals and said.. hey btw i dont want to be ur vp? He was on the short list and they were asking if hed consider.. thats what i assumed and what i stated that he was asked and he said no.

regardless i dont really care... im just happy he was a possibility.

semantics. the guy said he talked to obama and told him he didnt want to be vp. do u think he just happened to be talking about obama about the Washington nationals and said.. hey btw i dont want to be ur vp? He was on the short list and they were asking if hed consider.. thats what i assumed and what i stated that he was asked and he said no.

regardless i dont really care... im just happy he was a possibility.

Everyone knew he was being considered, not a stretch for Webb to call them and say dont waste your time. Then Webb had to issue a release so when he is not offered the position, its because he took himself out of the game.

Sounds to me like Webb had been taken out of the running, found out he was no longer being considered, and wanted to get the upper hand.

Maybe its over, but I would not say there is no way Webb will reconsider. Most VP's once said they would not consider it.

Back