Bowl Games

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Well official death watch for Cawacko. Herky Hawkeye put a pounding on the Trojans. The question now is will they make Urban Meyer an offer he can’t refuse?

The Trojans decline is remarkable considering they’re one of the few programs that could recruit locally and still be competitive nationally. Not that they couldn’t compete Nationally in recruiting.

Personally I think Meyer, given his history, would be a short term solution. They may want to try an up and comer like Luke Fickell at Cincinnati. UC has been a springboard program for coaches heading towards the big time. Two former UC coaches have taken their current teams to the CFP.

Assuming Meyer declines USC here would be my top picks;

P.J. Fleck. Incredibly dynamic all around coach and one of the top motivators out there.
Bryan Harsin. Probably the most sought after coach after Meyer.
Luke Fickell. A brilliant defensive coach with deep in roads to recruiting Midwest talent. He’d be a nightmare in Southern Cal with its recruiting base. He also has a lot of experience recruiting Texas and Florida.

Last edited:
Well official death watch for Cawacko. Herky Hawkeye put a pounding on the Trojans. The question now is will they make Urban Meyer an offer he can’t refuse?

The Trojans decline is remarkable considering they’re one of the few programs that could recruit locally and still be competitive nationally. Not that they couldn’t compete Nationally in recruiting.

Personally I think Meyer, given his history, would be a short term solution. They may want to try an up and comer like Luke Fical at Cincinnati. UC has been a springboard program for coaches heading towards the big time.
Good to see you again.
Seems many of the good California recruits are going east.
It all starts with recruiting. I remember the doldrums years of LSU before Saban got there. He noticed how many Louisiana players were in the NFL but weren't coming from LSU. Saban changed that.
Don't know much about USC's fan base but the pundits seem to think they've gotten blasé with their missteps since Pete Carrol left.

As for today. Looking forward to the OSU - Clemson game more than the LSU - Oklahoma game.
I get a bad feeling about LSU in that I actually think they're overconfident. I hear it in coach O and some of their players. Seems they're in too much of a hurry to get to the NCG.
They should win, probably in a shootout, too much talent but I see Oklahoma giving them a good run for their money.

Last edited:
Personally I think Meyer, given his history, would be a short term solution. They may want to try an up and comer like Luke Fickell at Cincinnati. UC has been a springboard program for coaches heading towards the big time. Two former UC coaches have taken their current teams to the CFP.

Assuming Meyer declines USC here would be my top picks;

P.J. Fleck. Incredibly dynamic all around coach and one of the top motivators out there.
Bryan Harsin. Probably the most sought after coach after Meyer.
Luke Fickell. A brilliant defensive coach with deep in roads to recruiting Midwest talent. He’d be a nightmare in Southern Cal with its recruiting base. He also has a lot of experience recruiting Texas and Florida.
A bit premature considering Helton will be back next yr. unless you don't think he lasts thru next season.

Good to see you again.
Seems many of the good California recruits are going east.
It all starts with recruiting. I remember the doldrums years of LSU before Saban got there. He noticed how many Louisiana players were in the NFL but weren't coming from LSU. Saban changed that.
Don't know much about USC's fan base but the pundits seem to think they've gotten blasé with their missteps since Pete Carrol left.

As for today. Looking forward to the OSU - Clemson game more than the LSU - Oklahoma game.
I get a bad feeling about LSU in that I actually think they're overconfident. I hear it in coach O and some of their players. Seems they're in too much of a hurry to get to the NCG.
They should win, probably in a shootout, too much talent but I see Oklahoma giving them a good run for their money.

One could say the same about Clemson/OSU in that some have called it the real Championship game and whoever wins is certain to be the champions. They’re nuts.

Ya think Joe wants to show OSU something ?
Really impressed how the Tiger defense has tightened up the last few games.
I think the Sooners just need to forfeit to spare anyone else getting hurt.

One could say the same about Clemson/OSU in that some have called it the real Championship game and whoever wins is certain to be the champions. They’re nuts.

Well as you know "fan" is short for fanatic. Georgie fans considered the SEC championship game the NCG. :doh:
Of course in retrospect they at least gave LSU some resistance.

LSU owned the Sooners. To beat the Tigers you have to have a solid defense. And minimize mistakes.

The OSU/Clemson game looks great. I think either of them can beat LSU. Clemson has Venable. He will dial up something new.

I hate the SEC even more now.Fuck, if I new it was SEC officiating crew I wouldn’t have watched the game. Hats off to Clemson but it’s hard to beat a 16 man team.

I hate the SEC even more now.Fuck, if I new it was SEC officiating crew I wouldn’t have watched the game. Hats off to Clemson but it’s hard to beat a 16 man team.

Knowing that SEC officials were so biased against any big 10 team, why didn't they insist
on a PAC12 crew?

Enjoyed both games.

Normally do not like romps, but I thought the LSU game was a classic.

I went on the record for LSU to win the Championship early in the year after watching one of their games. I just could not get over the abilities of Joe Burrow. He looks like a tall, skinny Drew Brees...and gets the ball in the right place damn near every time he throws.

I think the Championship game is gonna be a great one...although I think LSU comes up with a big win.

I heard nothing but crying from OSU after the loss!
About refs!
Simple question,did the refs,throw the interception to end the game?
Where's Top,always bragging,no where to be found now!
How bout dem Buckeyes!

Back