Bowl Games

I hate the SEC even more now.Fuck, if I new it was SEC officiating crew I wouldn’t have watched the game. Hats off to Clemson but it’s hard to beat a 16 man team.

Fucking whiner. Accept your loss. The call did not lose OSU the game.

Look at the bright side. You are spared watching OSU get slaughtered by LSU

And then next year you get to root for Burrow as a Bengal so you might as well get a head start

I think Woody’s flaws were so unique to working class Ohio men that was part of why he was so beloved. As for passing the ball in his era Woody threw the ball more often than his competitors did but Woody would do some stupid shit out of sheer stubbornness. Like if an opponent would stack the line of scrimmage and dare him to run he would take it personal and try to run it down their throats when the obvious thing to do was pass the ball. Not Woody. He’d god damned well would show you you couldn’t stop him from running...and lose the game in the process.

The pig headed SOB was so quintessentially a Buckeye. I can’t tell you how many men of my fathers and grandfathers generations had attitudes like his. Being tough, being disciplined, working harder than the next guy, never backing away from a challenge, facing fear head on and never, ever apologize to anyone for anything as it was weakness personified meaning never do anything you don’t believe in.

That gets a lot of Buckeyes in trouble but by god that’s our culture and it’s made our tiny little State one of the best.

Smash mouth football, it was exciting if you were good at, unfortunately, when college football abandoned one platoon football it became antiquated, along with the regional theme of college football, guarantee the majority of OSU players aren't from the upper midWest

I did too,I thought Oklahoma might upset them!
I don't see Hurst as an NFL QB.

Yeah he looked atrocious but LSU's shitty defense has made other good QB's look bad. Tua was very average against LSU.
21 - 40, 1 int.

Last edited:
Well official death watch for Cawacko. Herky Hawkeye put a pounding on the Trojans. The question now is will they make Urban Meyer an offer he can’t refuse?

The Trojans decline is remarkable considering they’re one of the few programs that could recruit locally and still be competitive nationally. Not that they couldn’t compete Nationally in recruiting.

Personally I think Meyer, given his history, would be a short term solution. They may want to try an up and comer like Luke Fickell at Cincinnati. UC has been a springboard program for coaches heading towards the big time. Two former UC coaches have taken their current teams to the CFP.

Assuming Meyer declines USC here would be my top picks;

P.J. Fleck. Incredibly dynamic all around coach and one of the top motivators out there.
Bryan Harsin. Probably the most sought after coach after Meyer.
Luke Fickell. A brilliant defensive coach with deep in roads to recruiting Midwest talent. He’d be a nightmare in Southern Cal with its recruiting base. He also has a lot of experience recruiting Texas and Florida.

The Urban ship has sailed Mott. There were back door talks with Urban happening before we announced we were keeping Helton. Meyer, rightfully so, wanted total control. Our new President Carol Folt said no, she wouldn't accept him. And here we are.

Basically our University is de-emphasizing football. They are more concerned with academics and dealing with the fallout from other scandals the University is facing. That's why they kept Helton. Except our recruiting class was horrible and we suffered our worst bowl loss in 50 years. A lot of alum and big donors are pissed. The University administrator's may not care about football but they do care about money. My hope is the blow back is so bad after this Holiday Bowl beat down they do something with Helton but I'm not holding my breath.

Carroll showed what's possible at USC when he put a fence around recruiting Southern California and cherry picked future 1st rounders from around the country. Now with Helton every top kid in So Cal left. No one wants to play for him because we don't win and he doesn't develop talent.

I didn't go to a game all year. I refuse to. I quit donating to the school. Not that what little I give matters in the big picture but it's the principle.

Our first game next year is in Dallas against Alabama. They are going to boat race us. The point spread should be 50. Helton is going to be on the hot seat again, it will hurt recruiting, rinse wash and repeat.

It's sad, USC has a great football history. We now have an administration that doesn't care.

Well official death watch for Cawacko. Herky Hawkeye put a pounding on the Trojans. The question now is will they make Urban Meyer an offer he can’t refuse?

The Trojans decline is remarkable considering they’re one of the few programs that could recruit locally and still be competitive nationally. Not that they couldn’t compete Nationally in recruiting.

Personally I think Meyer, given his history, would be a short term solution. They may want to try an up and comer like Luke Fickell at Cincinnati. UC has been a springboard program for coaches heading towards the big time. Two former UC coaches have taken their current teams to the CFP.

Assuming Meyer declines USC here would be my top picks;

P.J. Fleck. Incredibly dynamic all around coach and one of the top motivators out there.
Bryan Harsin. Probably the most sought after coach after Meyer.
Luke Fickell. A brilliant defensive coach with deep in roads to recruiting Midwest talent. He’d be a nightmare in Southern Cal with its recruiting base. He also has a lot of experience recruiting Texas and Florida.

And you know what's even worse Mott? Coach O should still be our coach. Except 'Rhodes Scholar' Pat Haden decided he wanted the drunk Steve Sarkesian instead.

Now I've heard some 'SC fans say we would never have given Coach O the same amount of money for assistants as he has at LSU and that's why he's winning. It's possible that's the case. But we all heard the Burrow spoke about Coach O during the Heisman speech. USC kids felt the same way about him. They loved him and would have run through a wall for him.

Smash mouth football, it was exciting if you were good at, unfortunately, when college football abandoned one platoon football it became antiquated, along with the regional theme of college football, guarantee the majority of OSU players aren't from the upper midWest

You would be wrong. 63% of OSU’s players are from Ohio and 74% are from the upper Midwest (including Ohio).

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/roster/

The Urban ship has sailed Mott. There were back door talks with Urban happening before we announced we were keeping Helton. Meyer, rightfully so, wanted total control. Our new President Carol Folt said no, she wouldn't accept him. And here we are.

Basically our University is de-emphasizing football. They are more concerned with academics and dealing with the fallout from other scandals the University is facing. That's why they kept Helton. Except our recruiting class was horrible and we suffered our worst bowl loss in 50 years. A lot of alum and big donors are pissed. The University administrator's may not care about football but they do care about money. My hope is the blow back is so bad after this Holiday Bowl beat down they do something with Helton but I'm not holding my breath.

Carroll showed what's possible at USC when he put a fence around recruiting Southern California and cherry picked future 1st rounders from around the country. Now with Helton every top kid in So Cal left. No one wants to play for him because we don't win and he doesn't develop talent.

I didn't go to a game all year. I refuse to. I quit donating to the school. Not that what little I give matters in the big picture but it's the principle.

Our first game next year is in Dallas against Alabama. They are going to boat race us. The point spread should be 50. Helton is going to be on the hot seat again, it will hurt recruiting, rinse wash and repeat.

It's sad, USC has a great football history. We now have an administration that doesn't care.

I wouldn’t say they don’t care but the fallout of the NCAA death penalty and the current scandal of back door admissions of unqualified kids of celebrities and the wealthy, even though that wasn’t entirely USC’s fault it has given them a terrible public blemish as an institution of higher education.

And you know what's even worse Mott? Coach O should still be our coach. Except 'Rhodes Scholar' Pat Haden decided he wanted the drunk Steve Sarkesian instead.

Now I've heard some 'SC fans say we would never have given Coach O the same amount of money for assistants as he has at LSU and that's why he's winning. It's possible that's the case. But we all heard the Burrow spoke about Coach O during the Heisman speech. USC kids felt the same way about him. They loved him and would have run through a wall for him.
SC will be back. Be patient. I think they are in the right if things in focusing on their public reputation.

They might take Chase

Trading the first overall pick could land the Bengals a lot of draft picks and they could get more talent on the O line and linebackers which is what they really need and could still manage to land Herbert.

Chase is obviously the best available athlete. My concern with Burrow is that he’s only performed at a very high level in College for one season.

Back