Bowl Games

Enjoyed both games.

Normally do not like romps, but I thought the LSU game was a classic.

I went on the record for LSU to win the Championship early in the year after watching one of their games. I just could not get over the abilities of Joe Burrow. He looks like a tall, skinny Drew Brees...and gets the ball in the right place damn near every time he throws.

I think the Championship game is gonna be a great one...although I think LSU comes up with a big win.

Great observation re Brees.
I hope its a good championship game but the Tigers are roaring too loud to lose. Practically a home game in New Orleans to boot.
Does my old heart good to see the large ten go down in flames. And the large twelve and soon the ACC.

It was a slugfest, that is for sure. And OSU did a LOT better than they did the last time they played Clemson.

Good game by both.

The curse of Woody Hayes strikes again. We haven’t beaten Clemson since Woody slugged Charlie Bauman in 1978 and got fired. What else can explain Olave inexplicably slipping in the end zone?

Knowing that SEC officials were so biased against any big 10 team, why didn't they insist
on a PAC12 crew?

The fumble recovery for a touchdown that was overturned was unexplainable. The Clemson receiver had control of the ball and took four steps before being stripped of the ball and they reversed the call because the Clemson player didn’t make a football move before being stripped? It was a horrible game changing call in a close game and was unconscionable,

Having said that OSU had plenty of opportunities to win that game but didn’t execute when out counted. Hats off to Clemson though. Had their defense not stopped OSU three time in the red zone in the first half and held OSU to field goals it would have been a blow out.

The fumble recovery for a touchdown that was overturned was unexplainable. The Clemson receiver had control of the ball and took four steps before being stripped of the ball and they reversed the call because the Clemson player didn’t make a football move before being stripped? It was a horrible game changing call in a close game and was unconscionable,

Having said that OSU had plenty of opportunities to win that game but didn’t execute when out counted. Hats off to Clemson though. Had their defense not stopped OSU three time in the red zone in the first half and held OSU to field goals it would have been a blow out.

How bout dem Buckeyes!:laugh:

Great observation re Brees.
I hope its a good championship game but the Tigers are roaring too loud to lose. Practically a home game in New Orleans to boot.
Does my old heart good to see the large ten go down in flames. And the large twelve and soon the ACC.

It absolutely is a home game!

I've lived in Ohio 70years,never been a OSU fan because of Woody!
Throw the fucking ball Woody!

I think Woody’s flaws were so unique to working class Ohio men that was part of why he was so beloved. As for passing the ball in his era Woody threw the ball more often than his competitors did but Woody would do some stupid shit out of sheer stubbornness. Like if an opponent would stack the line of scrimmage and dare him to run he would take it personal and try to run it down their throats when the obvious thing to do was pass the ball. Not Woody. He’d god damned well would show you you couldn’t stop him from running...and lose the game in the process.

The pig headed SOB was so quintessentially a Buckeye. I can’t tell you how many men of my fathers and grandfathers generations had attitudes like his. Being tough, being disciplined, working harder than the next guy, never backing away from a challenge, facing fear head on and never, ever apologize to anyone for anything as it was weakness personified meaning never do anything you don’t believe in.

That gets a lot of Buckeyes in trouble but by god that’s our culture and it’s made our tiny little State one of the best.

I think Woody’s flaws were so unique to working class Ohio men that was part of why he was so beloved. As for passing the ball in his era Woody threw the ball more often than his competitors did but Woody would do some stupid shit out of sheer stubbornness. Like if an opponent would stack the line of scrimmage and dare him to run he would take it personal and try to run it down their throats when the obvious thing to do was pass the ball. Not Woody. He’d god damned well would show you you couldn’t stop him from running...and lose the game in the process.

The pig headed SOB was so quintessentially a Buckeye. I can’t tell you how many men of my fathers and grandfathers generations had attitudes like his. Being tough, being disciplined, working harder than the next guy, never backing away from a challenge, facing fear head on and never, ever apologize to anyone for anything as it was weakness personified meaning never do anything you don’t believe in.

That gets a lot of Buckeyes in trouble but by god that’s our culture and it’s made our tiny little State one of the best.

I just remember a number of Rose Bowls playing USC with a world class back like OJ.And they passed,beat Woody and his no pass Buckeyes!

Buckeye for LIFE;)

LSU owned the Sooners. To beat the Tigers you have to have a solid defense. And minimize mistakes.

The OSU/Clemson game looks great. I think either of them can beat LSU. Clemson has Venable. He will dial up something new.

LSU has too much offense for anyone to stop. Period

They did it without their best running back playing

Hurst did about as well as he could but OU was never in the game. LSU could have put up 100 if they wanted to

Back