Boycott Koch Products!

signalmankenneth

Verified User
As the Koch brothers cheesy little autocrat Scott Walker sinks in the polls, taking the GOP with him, and the Koch astroturf group Americans For Prosperity shows their contempt for the average Wisconsinite, and desperation, by dragging in dimbulb Joe the Plumber to call the Madison protestors commies (who pays attention to this idiot anyway?), heres something those of us who cant be in Madison can do to show our support hit the Kochs right in the wallet and dont buy their consumer products! And, if you feel really energetic, write to your local newspaper and other media and tell them you are boycotting Koch products because of their attempts to buy our government.

Heres a list of the Kochs consumer products to avoid, courtesy of Lauren Kelley of AlterNet.org. (Also, read her story, How You Can Boycott the Kochs):

Heres the colossal list of products being boycotted:

Angel Soft toilet paper
Brawny paper towels
Dixie plates, bowls, napkins and cups
Mardi Gras napkins and towels
Quilted Northern toilet paper
Soft n Gentle toilet paper
Sparkle napkins
Vanity fair napkins
Zee napkins
Georgia-Pacific paper products and envelopes

All Georgia-Pacific lumber and building products, including:

Dense Armor Drywall and Decking
ToughArmor Gypsum board
Georgia pacific Plytanium Plywood
Flexrock
Densglass sheathing
G/P Industrial plasters (some products used by a lot of crafters)
FibreStrong Rim board
G/P Lam board
Blue Ribbon OSB Rated Sheathing
Blue Ribbon Sub-floor
DryGuard Enhanced OSB
Nautilus Wall Sheathing
Thermostat OSB Radiant Barrier Sheathing
Broadspan Engineered Wood Products
XJ 85 I-Joists
FireDefender Banded Cores
FireDefender FS
FireDefender Mineral Core
Hardboard and Thin MDF including Auto Hardboard,
Perforated Hardboard and Thin MDF
Wood Fiberboard
Commercial Roof Fiberboard
Hushboard Sound Deadening Board
Regular Fiberboard Sheathing
Structural Fiberboard Sheathing

(INVISTA Products):
COMFOREL(R) fiberfill
COOLMAX(R) fabric
CORDURA(R) fabric
DACRON(R) fiber
POLYSHIELD(R) resin
SOLARMAX(R) fabric
SOMERELLE(R) bedding products
STAINMASTER(R) carpet
SUPPLEX(R) fabric
TACTEL(R) fiber
TACTESSE(R) carpet fiber
TERATE(R) polyols
TERATHANE(R) polyether glycol
THERMOLITE(R) fabric
PHENREZ(R) resin
POLARGUARD(R) fiber and
LYCRA(R) fiber

By RS Janes

022511.jpg

"The 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." Alex Carey [see also http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/827 ]

The only way Americans are going to take back this nation from the corporatists is through actions such as this. If we start supporting our fellow Americans by buying American, by shopping where fair wages exist, and by letting corporations that outsource for profit only know the strength of the consumer, we all win. It seems simple but it requires effort on the part of the working people.

"The republican [not party] ideology derives from a variety of sources, both ancient and early modern. Within the context of early American history, republican ideology usually refers to a strain of political thought that emphasized the need for the government to pursue the public good. Republican thinkers believed that liberty was a very fragile thing that had to be carefully guarded. In order to successfully protect liberty, politics had to be carried out by virtuous men who would protect the public good rather than seeking to benefit private interests." David J. Voelker http://www.uwgb.edu/voelkerd/handouts/republicanism-by-david-voelker.pdf

What have the Koch bros done that was illegal?

Probably nothing, but since the law is written by money and they control a lot of it, it is not really surprising, is it?
When are ordinary people going to realise that the Kochs and their ilk are driving them into what amounts to slavery.

It should be money to save lives but for them and their ilk it is lives for money.
Your life, that is. Your life and those of your loved ones and guess who gets your money.

Probably nothing, but since the law is written by money and they control a lot of it, it is not really surprising, is it?
When are ordinary people going to realise that the Kochs and their ilk are driving them into what amounts to slavery.

It should be money to save lives but for them and their ilk it is lives for money.
Your life, that is. Your life and those of your loved ones and guess who gets your money.

So everyone should boycott a company based on whether they disagree with the owner's politics?

There are plenty of people who donate money to both sides. Should we only half boycott them?

Also, even if everyone in the US boycotted the Koch bros, it would not put them in the poorhouse. They might have to sell the spare yacht and the 3rd Lear jet, but they won't be poor.

However, the workers at all those manufacturing plants will be unemployed and screwed. But I guess that will be ok since the Koch Bros will have less extra money, huh?

At least you wingnuts are acknowledging that the Koch brothers exist. A few months ago you were confused when they were exposed, probably because faux news didn't inform you that they are calling the shots now.

Why do you prefer oligarchy over a democratic republic?

So everyone should boycott a company based on whether they disagree with the owner's politics?

There are plenty of people who donate money to both sides. Should we only half boycott them?

Also, even if everyone in the US boycotted the Koch bros, it would not put them in the poorhouse. They might have to sell the spare yacht and the 3rd Lear jet, but they won't be poor.

However, the workers at all those manufacturing plants will be unemployed and screwed. But I guess that will be ok since the Koch Bros will have less extra money, huh?

They won't even have to go that far... They may have to close the non-profitable paper towel company, and lay off about 600 people who had jobs making them. They may have to cancel the contract with the transport company who delivers their products to the stores, putting truckers out of work... that's how RICH people handle it... they don't suffer. They cut their losses and move on. Even if you totally bankrupt them, they'll do like Donald Trump and make a comeback, and be even wealthier than they were before.

You see, for the most part, the wealthy don't think or act like most of us, they have drive and determination to succeed, and nothing can stop them. While most of us can resign ourselves to our menial jobs and lives, and be content with whatever comes our way, a wealthy person is always thinking of new ways to make more money. Now this might make a liberal cringe to hear that, but the UPSIDE to it, is how much TAX money these people generate in the process of getting wealthy.

At least you wingnuts are acknowledging that the Koch brothers exist. A few months ago you were confused when they were exposed, probably because faux news didn't inform you that they are calling the shots now.

Why do you prefer oligarchy over a democratic republic?

Crashk, I have been a conservative my entire life. I have had conservative values as long as I can remember. Until last year, I had never even heard of the Koch Brothers. From everything I can gather, it appears these are wealthy businessmen who believe in the same capitalist conservative principles I've believed my whole life. They have invested a portion of their wealth in political advocacy for capitalism, which isn't illegal or wrong, nor is it unethical or immoral. In fact, if I were wealthy like the Koch Brothers, I might do the same thing with my money, because it's something I believe in. If we lose capitalism, we lose America.

Unrestricted monopolistic capitalism, govt for the benefit of corporate power and wealth ruled by aristocracy over the interests of the people and democracy. I get it.

Unrestricted monopolistic capitalism, govt for the benefit of corporate power and wealth ruled by aristocracy over the interests of the people and democracy. I get it.

When you get the rich business guys to stop giving money to the democrats, or boycotting them too, I will believe your interest is in protecting the country.

Back