Brandon has a fan club

c96d773f-6587-44ed-87ca-3bf26917ddb1-jpeg.1245451

The more important thing to consider, though, is that on his worst day in office, Joe Biden has been a better, more intelligent, MUCH, MUCH classier president for our Republic than Trump was on his best day in office.

No, he hasn't. Biden is the least popular, least successful, and most fucked up modern president in history.

No, he hasn't. Biden is the least popular, least successful, and most fucked up modern president in history.

You are welcome to delude yourself into thinking that, TA. But my bet would be that political historians will rank Joe Biden WAY above Trump.

WAY ABOVE!

You are welcome to delude yourself into thinking that, TA. But my bet would be that political historians will rank Joe Biden WAY above Trump.

WAY ABOVE!

They may, but I'd say when you ask them to explain their answers in detail, they crumble before their own political prejudices, rather than use objective measures.

Here's a typical list of traits scored on presidential rankings.

public persuasion
crisis leadership
economic management
moral authority
international relations
administrative skills
relations with Congress
vision/setting an agenda
pursuit of equal justice for all
performance within the context of the times

What on that list makes Trump so terrible and Biden better? I'd say Trump comes out with some poor scores in some categories, while doing well in others, while Biden scores dismally in virtually all or all of them. (on a 1 to 10 scale with 1 being worst 10 best)
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...t-everand-how-do-historians-decide-180978105/

My view:

Trump

public persuasion 5
crisis leadership 7
economic management 6
moral authority 3
international relations 8
administrative skills 6
relations with Congress 1
vision/setting an agenda 5
pursuit of equal justice for all 5
performance within the context of the times 6

Biden

public persuasion 3
crisis leadership 3
economic management 5
moral authority 5
international relations 3
administrative skills 4
relations with Congress 5
vision/setting an agenda 3
pursuit of equal justice for all 1
performance within the context of the times 4

They may, but I'd say when you ask them to explain their answers in detail, they crumble before their own political prejudices, rather than use objective measures.

Here's a typical list of traits scored on presidential rankings.

public persuasion
crisis leadership
economic management
moral authority
international relations
administrative skills
relations with Congress
vision/setting an agenda
pursuit of equal justice for all
performance within the context of the times

What on that list makes Trump so terrible and Biden better? I'd say Trump comes out with some poor scores in some categories, while doing well in others, while Biden scores dismally in virtually all or all of them. (on a 1 to 10 scale with 1 being worst 10 best)
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...t-everand-how-do-historians-decide-180978105/

My view:

Trump

public persuasion 5
crisis leadership 7
economic management 6
moral authority 3
international relations 8
administrative skills 6
relations with Congress 1
vision/setting an agenda 5
pursuit of equal justice for all 5
performance within the context of the times 6

Biden

public persuasion 3
crisis leadership 3
economic management 5
moral authority 5
international relations 3
administrative skills 4
relations with Congress 5
vision/setting an agenda 3
pursuit of equal justice for all 1
performance within the context of the times 4

Being a total asshole: With 1 being "not-at-all"...and 10 being "all the time"...Trump scores a 10...and Joe Biden a 3 at worst.

If you want to think that the historians of the future will be biased against Trump for some reason...fine with me. I suspect that they will judge Trump to be beneath contempt...and will feel that way based on what Trump did and said...rather than any bias.

The problem with Trump is not the "bias" of those who consider him to be an abomination...rather it is the fact that he is, and just about always has been, an abomination.

Being a total asshole: With 1 being "not-at-all"...and 10 being "all the time"...Trump scores a 10...and Joe Biden a 3 at worst.

If you want to think that the historians of the future will be biased against Trump for some reason...fine with me. I suspect that they will judge Trump to be beneath contempt...and will feel that way based on what Trump did and said...rather than any bias.

The problem with Trump is not the "bias" of those who consider him to be an abomination...rather it is the fact that he is, and just about always has been, an abomination.

Whereas I see both of them being 10's on the asshole scale, just in different ways. That doesn't change the ratings I gave. How I judge the scores historians give is to look at their examples of why they gave that score.

For example, let's take international relations.

Trump got most of the Gulf States (Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE, etc.) along with Saudi Arabia to diplomatically recognize Israel. That's a first no other president could accomplish. His handling of N. Korea saw that nation stop all rocket testing while he was in office. He marginalized OPEC by making the US a net exporter of oil again. He crushed ISIS that had grown into an anarcho-state under Obama. He got the Taliban to agree to a cease fire.

On the whole he did pretty good on the world stage.

Biden has, on the other hand, become the laughing stock of Europe. France is talking about aligning itself with China. Brazil, and much of Central and South America have kicked the US to the curb in favor of relations with China. N. Korea is back to shooting missiles regularly and making noises about nuking people. China is talking about taking Taiwan, while Asian nations are increasingly worried about China's moves into the S. China Sea.
He completely fucked away Afghanistan. Our borders are wide open and a national disaster. World leaders think, and have quietly said, they think Biden's an idiot for all intents. OPEC has regained most of the control they have on oil prices and the membership is openly disrespecting Biden.
Russia invaded Ukraine and Biden has done nothing but turn that into a bigger clusterfuck.
If anything, Biden's been one of the least effective, most harmful presidents in our history in terms of foreign / international relations.

Whereas I see both of them being 10's on the asshole scale, just in different ways. That doesn't change the ratings I gave. How I judge the scores historians give is to look at their examples of why they gave that score.

For example, let's take international relations.

Trump got most of the Gulf States (Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE, etc.) along with Saudi Arabia to diplomatically recognize Israel. That's a first no other president could accomplish. His handling of N. Korea saw that nation stop all rocket testing while he was in office. He marginalized OPEC by making the US a net exporter of oil again. He crushed ISIS that had grown into an anarcho-state under Obama. He got the Taliban to agree to a cease fire.

On the whole he did pretty good on the world stage.

Biden has, on the other hand, become the laughing stock of Europe. France is talking about aligning itself with China. Brazil, and much of Central and South America have kicked the US to the curb in favor of relations with China. N. Korea is back to shooting missiles regularly and making noises about nuking people. China is talking about taking Taiwan, while Asian nations are increasingly worried about China's moves into the S. China Sea.
He completely fucked away Afghanistan. Our borders are wide open and a national disaster. World leaders think, and have quietly said, they think Biden's an idiot for all intents. OPEC has regained most of the control they have on oil prices and the membership is openly disrespecting Biden.
Russia invaded Ukraine and Biden has done nothing but turn that into a bigger clusterfuck.
If anything, Biden's been one of the least effective, most harmful presidents in our history in terms of foreign / international relations.

I understand how YOU see the situation, TA.

But I am saying (saying again!) is that it is my opinion that political historians will rank Joe Biden WAY above Trump. Fact is, I expect that Trump will be ranked as the worst president we have ever had...and that, as president, he did more injury to our Republic than any president before him. Frankly, I think Trump has done more injury to our Republic than any of our foreign enemies have.

But I am saying (saying again!) is that it is my opinion that political historians will rank Joe Biden WAY above Trump. Fact is, I expect that Trump will be ranked as the worst president we have ever had...and that, as president, he did more injury to our Republic than any president before him. Frankly, I think Trump has done more injury to our Republic than any of our foreign enemies have.

Historians already don't rank Trump as the "worst." Almost every ranking by historians gives that dishonor to James Buchanan.

Keep in mind Joe's reign of error isn't over yet. He's got plenty of time to screw more things up.

Historians already don't rank Trump as the "worst." Almost every ranking by historians gives that dishonor to James Buchanan.
That was in 2021 and many things have come to light since then. There are historians who believe Trump will replace Buchanan as more about Trump’s administration and Trump comes to light.

Keep in mind Joe's reign of error isn't over yet. He's got plenty of time to screw more things up.

I think Joe Biden is doing a fine job, RB. Compared with what Trump was doing...he is doing a tremendous job. We ought all to be grateful that Joe was elected...and that Trump was reoved from office.

That was in 2021 and many things have come to light since then. There are historians who believe Trump will replace Buchanan as more about Trump’s administration and Trump comes to light.

No, he won't. Trump will never be highly rated, but he certainly isn't the worst President we've had by a long stretch.

Back