Breaking News: 12 year old Brooke Bennett found dead in VT

As I stated, DNA evidence and/or an outright and plausible confession should be a prerequisite for seeking capital punishment. And in most States, I believe that is the case.

Exactly! I didn't say there shouldn't be blind accusations Watermark. It's the billions of dollars we waste on the retarded things that don't matter worth a shit.

No, a good way to make the death penalty cheap would be to shoot them in the head.

KingRaw, you little 12-year old twerp, you know as well as I that the cost of the death penalty is not in the method. You want to sound elaborate and badass but all your doing is proving how much of a fool you are.

But not even DNA evidence is always conclusive. Discover has run several pieces on the labs returning faulty results.

Lie detectors are also faulty! How do we really know what facts are? Or even reality? A missle blew up the pentagon on 9-11. IT COULD HAPPEN!

you know as well as I that the cost of the death penalty is not in the method.

What was that thing I said earlier?...

It's the billions of dollars we waste on the retarded things that don't matter worth a shit.

Funny how you ignore that

you know as well as I that the cost of the death penalty is not in the method.

What was that thing I said earlier?...

It's the billions of dollars we waste on the retarded things that don't matter worth a shit.

Funny how you ignore that

Yeah due process ain't worth shit.

Why dontcha just break it down for me step by step in simple sentences. What costs so much money after the judge gives him the death penalty?

Why dontcha just break it down for me step by step in simple sentences. What costs so much money after the judge gives him the death penalty?

Feeding him and housing him on death row for 20 years while he exhausts all the legal appeal rights he gets because he is on death row. It's a liberal catch-22, if we are going to fry them, we have to give them complete and absolute due process, which means, we have to endure numerous attempts to appeal the sentence. On average, a life sentence does not cost as much because there are not as many appeals allowed, and the longevity of the sentence ends up about the same.

See, that is completely fucked up! He was found guilty! The evidence proves that! The judge has spoken! Why the fuck does the monster live for years and years?! He's been given the death sentence! Kill him then!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU FUCKING RETARDS!!!

The appeals thing is another piece of shit! I don't understand why the guy found guilty can keep appealing and wasting millions and millions of taxpayers money! FUCKING IDIOTS!!!! IF THAT'S DUE PROCESS THEN DUE PROCESS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!!

See, that is completely fucked up! He was found guilty! The evidence proves that! The judge has spoken! Why the fuck does the monster live for years and years?! He's been given the death sentence! Kill him then!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU FUCKING RETARDS!!!

The appeals thing is another piece of shit! I don't understand why the guy found guilty can keep appealing and wasting millions and millions of taxpayers money! FUCKING IDIOTS!!!! IF THAT'S DUE PROCESS THEN DUE PROCESS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!!

and the slightly less than `100 inmates that were on death row or got life in prison that have recently been released due to the Innocent Project, giving their cases a second look and using DNA to get them off? You know there is at least another 50-100 that are innocent and still in jail....this is why there are many appeals and years before we actually execute...some people are innocent, falsely convicted....if it were your wife or dad falsely accused and convicted, you would be PRAYING for all those appeals, I would bet?

Yes, it does SEEM idiotic, that the death sentences end up costing us tax payers more, but it is worth it, so that we don't kill someone who is innocent and has been falsely charged and convicted.

Care

Feeding him and housing him on death row for 20 years while he exhausts all the legal appeal rights he gets because he is on death row. It's a liberal catch-22, if we are going to fry them, we have to give them complete and absolute due process, which means, we have to endure numerous attempts to appeal the sentence. On average, a life sentence does not cost as much because there are not as many appeals allowed, and the longevity of the sentence ends up about the same.

Yeah let's just execute people without due process. Do away with that. No one needs that shit.

If we start doing away with due proecss and executing innocent people people will lose all faith in the justice system. That is the meaning behind the phrase "It is better to let 10 guilty people go free than to let one innocent man hang". It's not literally acceptable to let 10 people go free but executing innocent people hurts our society hugely in the long run. There would be no easier way to do away with the death penalty than if you dumbasses purposely started executing innocent people without due process.

"It is better to let 10 guilty people go free than to let one innocent man hang"

That is the most idiotic thing I ever heard!

Yeah let's just execute people without due process. Do away with that. No one needs that shit.

If by due process you mean all the wasted money spent on keeping them alive only to kill them 20 years later and wasting millions of dollars on countless appeals that lead to the same result, then yes LET'S DO AWAY WITH DUE PROCESS DUMBASS!

and the slightly less than `100 inmates that were on death row or got life in prison that have recently been released due to the Innocent Project, giving their cases a second look and using DNA to get them off? You know there is at least another 50-100 that are innocent and still in jail....this is why there are many appeals and years before we actually execute...some people are innocent, falsely convicted....if it were your wife or dad falsely accused and convicted, you would be PRAYING for all those appeals, I would bet?

No I wouldn't. If there's evidence like DNA and he failed the lie detector test, then I guess I didn't know him that well.

Besides any true innocent person would sacrifice his or her life to ensure that 10 monsters weren't set free. I sure as hell know I would. I bet Solitary would too.

What kind of sick logic is that?! I bet you're all like "We can't torture this known terrorist to get vital info about where the next terrorist attack will take place in the next 30 minutes! Screw the thousands of innocent people. We have our ethics!" Moron!

Besides any true innocent person would sacrifice his or her life to ensure that 10 monsters weren't set free. I sure as hell know I would. I bet Solitary would too.

What kind of sick logic is that?! I bet you're all like "We can't torture this known terrorist to get vital info about where the next terrorist attack will take place in the next 30 minutes! Screw the thousands of innocent people. We have our ethics!" Moron!

You're completely and totally insane.

Whether I would or would not sacrifice myself is not the point. You are willing to make that choice. The system is making the choice for some of these people. And that is unacceptable. Anyone want to tell me who said "better that 10 guilty persons escape than one innocent suffer". Its the presumption of innocence that is the backbone of our legal system.

Whether I would or would not sacrifice myself is not the point. You are willing to make that choice. The system is making the choice for some of these people. And that is unacceptable. Anyone want to tell me who said "better that 10 guilty persons escape than one innocent suffer". Its the presumption of innocence that is the backbone of our legal system.

Who is William Blackstone?

Thank you Alex, I'll take 18th century jursists for 300...

Back