Bush authorized the Plame leak

God, you guys have really gone off the deep end lately...

This is a lie, upon the premise of a lie.

I'm outa here.

Wow dude, you're bailing because we're talking about Bush helping to out Plame?

You need a thicker skin dude. I don't want to see you back hear crying your eyes out, when the dems have a 60 seat majority in the senate. I fear that might cause you to have a nervous breakdown.

Here is my question...

If the president has the authority to declassify information, does that mean that if he shares classified information with a source, that he has not affrimativly declassified, it is not a crime?

Does he have to affirmativly declassify info before he can release it, or is the act of releasing the information declassifying it. It sounds like a technicallity but I belive it to be an important technicallity.
There are instances of past Presidents accidentally "declassifying" technological information before its time. Admitting to certain things like flyovers and other things like that.

By releasing the information from that source in particular, it becomes declassified information.

Wow dude, you're bailing because we're talking about Bush helping to out Plame?

You need a thicker skin dude. I don't want to see you back hear crying your eyes out, when the dems have a 60 seat majority in the senate. I fear that might cause you to have a nervous breakdown.

My God, it just might.

There are instances of past Presidents accidentally "declassifying" technological information before its time. Admitting to certain things like flyovers and other things like that.

By releasing the information from that source in particular, it becomes declassified information.

Do you have some authority for this claim?

I taught classes on how to handle classifieds when I was in the Navy. Other than that, no. Many of the laws dealing with it are themselves classified.

I have a hard time with your position, though I have no information to counter it.

Basically what you are saying is that not only can the president declassify anything he wants, he is immune from disclosing declassified information. Am I correct?

I have a hard time with your position, though I have no information to counter it.

Basically what you are saying is that not only can the president declassify anything he wants, he is immune from disclosing declassified information. Am I correct?
It is impossible for the President to disclose classified information, because if he discloses it, it is declassified. Again, it is one of the reasons to select somebody who understands the importance when we are voting.

It is impossible for the President to disclose classified information, because if he discloses it, it is declassified. Again, it is one of the reasons to select somebody who understands the importance when we are voting.

I understand your position is that the act of disclosing the information declassifies that information. I just have a hard time beliveing it. I belive he can declassify that information, but I would think he would have to officially declassify it, then release it.

I understand your position is that the act of disclosing the information declassifies that information. I just have a hard time beliveing it. I belive he can declassify that information, but I would think he would have to officially declassify it, then release it.
If such were the case, many Presidents would have been in trouble.

Of course, this case is entirely different, legalities of it are being argued consistently by lawyers on both sides of the arena.

If such were the case, many Presidents would have been in trouble.

Of course, this case is entirely different, legalities of it are being argued consistently by lawyers on both sides of the arena.

If a president did it on accident or in a way that clearly was to benefit the nation I cant see any prosecutors getting very excited about it... If a president did it like Bush did... Id say its something to get excited about.

Crime or not, it was still very wrong, and shows that Bush did not have the best interests of the nation at hart!

"any answers the Defendant gives cannot be used against him."

I always thought that if you break silence what you say becomes admissible, regardless if you mentioned you wanted a lawyer. Unless the authorities explicitly refuse to get an attorney for you.

"any answers the Defendant gives cannot be used against him."

I always thought that if you break silence what you say becomes admissible, regardless if you mentioned you wanted a lawyer. Unless the authorities explicitly refuse to get an attorney for you.

Nope, you can re-give up that right, but must affirmativly do so, merely starting to answer questions does not count.

If you say, "okay, Ill talk without my lawyer..." then spill the beans you are SOL. But if you just start answering questions, after demanding a lawyer it cant be used.

Who gives a fuck if it was technically legal for the president to out a CIA agent. We shouldn't even NEED a law making that illegal. It shouldn't be done, and if it is it should be an impeachable offense.

Did bush fill out the paperwork declassifying Plame before he did it ?

the job is not finished till the paperwork is done.

that declassifying argument is just as weak as what is the definition of sex. I would be ashamed to use an argument that wussy and apologetic.

Who gives a fuck if it was technically legal for the president to out a CIA agent. We shouldn't even NEED a law making that illegal. It shouldn't be done, and if it is it should be an impeachable offense.

Ditto

Did bush fill out the paperwork declassifying Plame before he did it ?

the job is not finished till the paperwork is done.

that declassifying argument is just as weak as what is the definition of sex.

I would be ashamed to use an argument that wussy and apologetic.

You aren't suggesting that Bush apologetics were employed in this thread, are you?

What's the MATTER, cypress, AFRAID to read the Obama article you just "hit and ran" from? Afraid you'll have to ADMIT, that he's a DANGEROUS, INEXPERIENCED RADICAL, WITH RACIST TENDENCIES, AND TERRORIST FREINDS? Or is it that YOU have those SAME tendencies, and therefore don't want to look at YOURSELF? Hmmmmmmmm? Let me ask, are YOU a Big Fan of Louis Farrakhan, the Leader of America's "Hate Whitey, and Those Dirty Jews Club" ? Hmmmmm?

And just so you know, Valerie Plame was "outed" by HER OWN HUSBAND! Look it up. HE used her name, in a magazine article LONG before the White House had ANYTHING to do with them. And Joe should have been Tried for TREASON, going on a Junket to Foreign Shores, to Spy and Do DAMAGE to United States Foreign Policy during Wartime.
In another era, they would have BOTH been SHOT, or given the Electric Chair.

Back