Buttigieg downplays DC crime rate despite having security detail: 'I can safely walk

ExpressLane

Verified User
Buttigieg downplays DC crime rate despite having security detail: 'I can safely walk my dog to the Capitol'
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg recently downplayed Washington, D.C.'s, crime problems, saying there's a lot of "energy" going into making the nation's capital seem far worse than it is.

"We need to talk about the reality here," Buttigieg said during a Sunday MSNBC appearance. "There's a lot of funding and a lot of energy going into telling a different story in news outlets and online."

"But the simple facts and the simple reality are right here staring us in the face, including the fact I can safely walk my dog to the Capitol today in a way you couldn't do when we all got here," he said.

Buttigieg, however, is provided with security details due to this position with the government.

When he made the comments on Sunday, there was a quadruple shooting around six miles southwest of the Capitol building, Fox 5 reported. And just days before, a woman was caught in crossfire in southeast D.C. and narrowly escaped being injured by ducking before a stray bullet shattered her car windshield.

Earlier this year, a man was charged in the November 2023 break-in of a Secret Service vehicle parked outside the D.C. home of President Biden's granddaughter, Naomi....
============================
Yes Pete YOU can walk your dog...with a security detail that WE pay for. Enjoy it while you can the election is coming and your government security detail is going. Buttigieg is totally tone deaf

Last edited:
The crime rate in America was at its highest in the 1980s. It has dropped significantly since then. Today's elevation in crime rates is caused by Trump. He is blowing the statistics up.

Yes Pete YOU can walk your dog...with a security detail that WE pay for. Enjoy it while you can the election is coming and your government security detail is going. Buttigieg is totally tone deaf

Of course DC is safe for Buttigieg, all the violent MAGA terrorists are currently in jail or in Florida

I doubt if the Secretary is walking his dog in the dangerous neighborhoods anyway.
I doubt if many of us could even afford an apartment in the neighborhood to which he alludes.

Buttigieg downplays DC crime rate despite having security detail: 'I can safely walk my dog to the Capitol'
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg recently downplayed Washington, D.C.'s, crime problems, saying there's a lot of "energy" going into making the nation's capital seem far worse than it is.

"We need to talk about the reality here," Buttigieg said during a Sunday MSNBC appearance. "There's a lot of funding and a lot of energy going into telling a different story in news outlets and online."

"But the simple facts and the simple reality are right here staring us in the face, including the fact I can safely walk my dog to the Capitol today in a way you couldn't do when we all got here," he said.

Buttigieg, however, is provided with security details due to this position with the government.

When he made the comments on Sunday, there was a quadruple shooting around six miles southwest of the Capitol building, Fox 5 reported. And just days before, a woman was caught in crossfire in southeast D.C. and narrowly escaped being injured by ducking before a stray bullet shattered her car windshield.

Earlier this year, a man was charged in the November 2023 break-in of a Secret Service vehicle parked outside the D.C. home of President Biden's granddaughter, Naomi....
============================

Who in the world would ever attack that little chest feeder?

Of course DC is safe for Buttigieg, all the violent MAGA terrorists are currently in jail or in Florida

The government is lying. Major cities like NY, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles do not report their crimes to the FBI. Why don't they tell you that? When are you jerks going to get tired of being lied to?

The government is lying. Major cities like NY, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles do not report their crimes to the FBI. Why don't they tell you that? When are you jerks going to get tired of being lied to?

Says the gated community Fox 24/7 MAGA cultist, like he has been anywhere near anywhere near any of those cities in his lifetime

That's some funny shit there, pinkie.
It seems you are the one lying.

https://cde.ucr.cjis.gov/LATEST/webapp/#/pages/explorer/crime/crime-trend

I wonder why I can easily find Miami-Dade police crime numbers reported to UCR. (2012 - 2022)
I wonder why I can easily find Chicago Police crime numbers reported to UCR.(2012 - 2022)
I wonder why I can easily find the New York City police crime numbers reported to UCR.(2012 - 2022)
I wonder why I can easily find the Los Angeles police crime numbers reported to UCR.(2012 - 2022)

I'll never get tired of you lying to us, because it is so easy to show how you are lying.
All anyone has to do is follow my link, know which state the cities are in, and then find the police department for that city.

Just in case, pinkie. decides to complain that the numbers aren't in yet for 2023.
The UCR Program provided updated data for 2022 on October 16, 2023

Last edited:
Capitol Hill is a safe neighborhood, not only because of police presence, but also because the Marine barracks are close by, Buttigieg is correct

Fox lost the crime issue although it seems the cult is still hanging on

That's some funny shit there, pinkie.
It seems you are the one lying.

I wonder why I can easily find Miami-Dade police crime numbers reported to UCR. (2012 - 2022)
I wonder why I can easily find Chicago Police crime numbers reported to UCR.(2012 - 2022)
I wonder why I can easily find the New York City police crime numbers reported to UCR.(2012 - 2022)
I wonder why I can easily find the Los Angeles police crime numbers reported to UCR.(2012 - 2022)

I'll never get tired of you lying to us, because it is so easy to show how you are lying.
All anyone has to do is follow my link, know which state the cities are in, and then find the police department for that city.

WHOOPSIE!!

Seems that once again, the lying is coming from JPP's MAGA shills.

Back