Buttigieg downplays DC crime rate despite having security detail: 'I can safely walk

Are you saying crime is not up in DC?

In 1991, when Bush sr. was President, there were 482 murders in DC. In 2012, when Obama was President, there were 88 murders in DC. The number started rising quickly when trump became president, and was 274 last year.

There are signs that with better law enforcement, it will soon go back to dropping. I guess this, like so much else, is dependent on the election in November.

Would you walk the city streets at night?

I walked in DC at night back in the early 1990's when it was twice as bad as it is now. I have walked in DC recently too. I think you are delusional at how bad things are.

Meanwhile, Texas is getting scary in the midday.

That's racist.

1712838617582-png.1544656

I walked in DC at night back in the early 1990's when it was twice as bad as it is now. I have walked in DC recently too. I think you are delusional at how bad things are.

Meanwhile, Texas is getting scary in the midday.

How was it twice as bad? Let's see some proof. And do not stop with DC. there are many more cities you can try and walk through at night. Get on that.

Buttigieg downplays DC crime rate despite having security detail: 'I can safely walk my dog to the Capitol'
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg recently downplayed Washington, D.C.'s, crime problems, saying there's a lot of "energy" going into making the nation's capital seem far worse than it is.

"We need to talk about the reality here," Buttigieg said during a Sunday MSNBC appearance. "There's a lot of funding and a lot of energy going into telling a different story in news outlets and online."

"But the simple facts and the simple reality are right here staring us in the face, including the fact I can safely walk my dog to the Capitol today in a way you couldn't do when we all got here," he said.

Buttigieg, however, is provided with security details due to this position with the government.

When he made the comments on Sunday, there was a quadruple shooting around six miles southwest of the Capitol building, Fox 5 reported. And just days before, a woman was caught in crossfire in southeast D.C. and narrowly escaped being injured by ducking before a stray bullet shattered her car windshield.

Earlier this year, a man was charged in the November 2023 break-in of a Secret Service vehicle parked outside the D.C. home of President Biden's granddaughter, Naomi....
============================
Yes Pete YOU can walk your dog...with a security detail that WE pay for. Enjoy it while you can the election is coming and your government security detail is going. Buttigieg is totally tone deaf

Get a life dude!

How was it twice as bad?

In 1991, I walked around in DC at night, even though there were 482 murders. In 2022, I walked around in DC at night, when there were 203 murders. 482 is more than twice 203.

there are many more cities you can try and walk through at night.

I have worked in both Philadelphia and New York City, walking around both at night. It is not without danger, but it is nowhere near as bad as you claim.

I went to the source, the UNR data.

The source is lying. The government is lying. The people you listen to are lying. That simple you gullible hack.

So everyone is lying EXCEPT for the people whose conclusions align with yours?

The only LIE I found was when you tired to claim that New York, LA, Miami and Chicago weren't included in the data.

The FBI's Crime Data Explorer, which you ignored earlier in the thread, says otherwise.

https://cde.ucr.cjis.gov/LATEST/webapp/#/pages/explorer/crime/crime-trend

I think I'll take the FBI's word over yours.

The FBI released its 2021 national crime data estimates this week, and, as expected, the takeaway is far from conclusive. In short: The nation’s most thorough crime data collection program concluded it’s possible crime went up, went down or stayed the same.That’s partly because the year-on-year changes to the numbers were small. The FBI estimates that murders rose by about 4% compared to 2020, while overall violent crime decreased by about 1%. Officials cautioned that neither change is statistically significant, and concluded that crime rates were roughly flat.The uncertainty largely stems from the fact that 2021’s data was more incomplete than any in recent memory. Comprehensive FBI data depends on law enforcement agencies’ (there are about 18,000 in the U.S.) voluntary submissions. This year about 7,000 police agencies, covering about 35% of the U.S. population, were missing....

....The feds for years had announced the change was coming, but many agencies did not switch in time to submit data, including the New York City Police Department and Los Angeles Police Department — the nation’s two largest. Some entire states, including California and Florida, sent virtually no data. To make up for the data holes, the Justice Department created new estimation methods that use data from agencies that did submit to the FBI to fill in the blanks for the rest of the country.
https://www.themarshallproject.org/2022/10/08/the-problem-with-the-fbi-s-missing-crime-data

I did buy one a Nerf Gun. And I bought both of them a bubble gun for Easter. It's electric so it is an automatic.

We had cap guns in my day! But, someone always had to play the Indian, and even though I am a real Cowboy, when I was a kid, I always played the Indian. So, I had a toy bow and arrow. I would shoot my arrows and hit my playmates, and all they could do was pop caps off! :laugh:

I always won! I proved you could pull the mask off the Lone Lone Ranger, but I never messed with Jim!

Last edited:
They are proven liars so of course you would.

You're also a proven liar.

Like I said, given the choice of who to believe - an organization with decades of service to this country or some anonymous message board GOP shill - I think I'm taking the FBI's word over yours.

Maybe if you didn't lie so often, I could take your word.

Back