C.S. Lewis vs. Friedrich Nietzsche

You assume I am required to accept the premise of your question, which I don't.

I told you why. Marriage customs and property transactions are not part of humanity's arc towards a natural universal moral order, as far as I can tell. Outside of the fact that it indirectly impinges on the ethics of equality.

That's why the great moral philosophers of history barely ever wrote about marriage customs and real estate deals.

The only moral person that ever lived was Jesus.
The others fell short!

Let's face facts, white Americans of European descent, as well as most blacks, practice New Testament ethics, to some extent. Regardless of whether we call ourselves agnostic or secular. You can strip away the Christian language, but the New Testament ethics lurks beneath

Just as someone born in East Asia, whether they realize or not, have their ethical and social perspective colored by Confucian and Buddhist wisdom.

What is "New Testament ethics" ?
The whole point of the New Testament is we are all sinners! And Jesus had to go to the cross because we aren't ethical!

I never understood why Jewish culture in the Middle East 2000 years ago is supposed to establish reality in my life. Can anyone explain?

Because it's not. Who told you it was? Speaking of 2000 year old dead Jews and today, there's this:
wf8xBZp.jpg

You assume I am required to accept the premise of your question, which I don't.

I told you why. Marriage customs and property transactions are not part of humanity's arc towards a natural universal moral order, as far as I can tell. Outside of the fact that it indirectly impinges on the ethics of equality.

That's why the great moral philosophers of history barely ever wrote about marriage customs and real estate deals.

Premise--->"Queers didn't fare well in the Christian world. I certainly would like Cypress to explain it to me, but alas, I know he never will. He can't."
Cypress: "You assume I am required to accept the premise of your question, which I don't."

It's a FACT that Homosexuals were scorned and killed throughout history. You 'accepting the Premise' is required. Like 'Climate Deniers', if you reject the Premise, you can make up anything you like.

Modern People, the secular types that use Reason & Logic, were the ones that liberated the Homosexuals from the persecution of the religious. It wasn't the 'Devout Religious-types' that granted 'Equality' to the Queer Community. It was 'Common Sense' people who rejected the Dogma of the Religious Manuscripts of the Past.

Now, I now you will twist and twirl, point to Philosophers, call out their Names, and return to your 'Religion is the Greatest Gift' mentality. I have no problem with you wallowing in it. I see it here ALL THE TIME.

Back