Can Artificial Intelligence have free will?

Disagreed.

You're the only one claiming that.

Well, we either have free will or we don't. We either control our thoughts, choices and actions or we don't. You can't say we have free will but then say we can do things we regret, like being lazy when we know we have things to do.

So, banning you. Goodbye

9r0o.gif

Well, we either have free will or we don't. We either control our thoughts, choices and actions or we don't. You can't say we have free will but then say we can do things we regret, like being lazy when we know we have things to do.
Again, why I think you are like Perry, Jack, Steven and Sybil. You live in a stark world of absolutes. Either black or white, no gray much less living Technicolor.

Trying to discuss a topic like this with you is like trying to have a discussion about the light spectrum with someone who has been blind since birth.

Discussing free will or spirituality with most military atheists is like trying to convince them that the light spectrum goes beyond the visible. With you, it's like trying to convince you that colors exist.

R.523f97953c9dff229bb2c60a699391b4

Again, why I think you are like Perry, Jack, Steven and Sybil. You live in a stark world of absolutes. Either black or white, no gray much less living Technicolor.

Trying to discuss a topic like this with you is like trying to have a discussion about the light spectrum with someone who has been blind since birth.

Discussing free will or spirituality with most military atheists is like trying to convince them that the light spectrum goes beyond the visible. With you, it's like trying to convince you that colors exist.

So, let's go with your clam that free will comes and goes. I know I'm overweight. It's the new year. I'm going to start eating healthy and exercise until I hit my goal. I'm absolutely dedicated to not cheating on my diet or workout plan. For the first week, I'm cruising along. I'm hitting the gym everyday like planned. I haven't touched the ice cream in the freezer and I even turned down birthday cake at my brother-in-law's birthday party yesterday.

Then, I go to work and someone has made homemade fudge brownies. I love fudge brownies and I eat 2,even though it's absolutely against my diet.

What is it that overrides your free will in that situation?

So, let's go with your clam that free will comes and goes...

Again, you're the only one making this silly "clam".

As for your mental struggles, that's on you. It's a judgment error for you to assume everyone is as weak-willed as you are.

Alternatively, it's a strong indication you lack normal adult skills. If so, it adds weight to the argument that you have more in common with Perry and Sybil than simply the same forum.

Again, you're the only one making this silly "clam".

As for your mental struggles, that's on you. It's a judgment error for you to assume everyone is as weak-willed as you are.

Alternatively, it's a strong indication you lack normal adult skills. If so, it adds weight to the argument that you have more in common with Perry and Sybil than simply the same forum.

If you're not saying it comes and goes, then what are you saying? It's on and off? Strong and weak? You're saying we have free will, but not all the time. How do you want me to describe that contrast?

If you're not saying it comes and goes, then what are you saying? It's on and off? Strong and weak? You're saying we have free will, but not all the time. How do you want me to describe that contrast?
More reason to believe not all of your marbles are in one bag, 'Mode. Scroll up. We've been discussing this for days and you still refuse to admit that human beings have choices that animals don't have.

You confuse terms, you conflate ideas and you stick to the idea that you are a meat puppet held fast to your genetics and experiences like a dog, cat or other animal. IMO, that's not normal. It shows a distinct lack of maturity and cognitive ability like your comrades Perry and Sybil.

More reason to believe not all of your marbles are in one bag, 'Mode. Scroll up. We've been discussing this for days and you still refuse to admit that human beings have choices that animals don't have.

You confuse terms, you conflate ideas and you stick to the idea that you are a meat puppet held fast to your genetics and experiences like a dog, cat or other animal. IMO, that's not normal. It shows a distinct lack of maturity and cognitive ability like your comrades Perry and Sybil.

We disagree on free will and I'm asking you to clarify why free will exists in some situations and doesn't in others. Do you have an issue with trying to explain your position?

We disagree on free will and I'm asking you to clarify why free will exists in some situations and doesn't in others. Do you have an issue with trying to explain your position?
For how many days now have we discussed this? You misinterpret, conflate and otherwise twist the points. You are either doing it deliberately or because you are truly unable to see that you are doing it. After several days of discussion with you on this and other topics, I've come to the conclusion that it's the latter option.

It's for this reason that I believe you have a lot in common with Perry and Sybil along with past members Jack and Steven.

For how many days now have we discussed this? You misinterpret, conflate and otherwise twist the points. You are either doing it deliberately or because you are truly unable to see that you are doing it. After several days of discussion with you on this and other topics, I've come to the conclusion that it's the latter option.

It's for this reason that I believe you have a lot in common with Perry and Sybil along with past members Jack and Steven.

Lots of words. Not much explaining how free will works sometimes but not others.

Last edited:
Back