Can we choose our race?

Agreed.

Right now racism is institutionalized in our government with laws that divide Americans into "races". If they changed the listings "culture" such as European culture, African culture, Native American culture, etc, it'd be more accurate and non-racist.

We should just do away with all of that and make our nation Americans. American culture, ethnicity, you-name-it. Dump all the hyphenated bullshit. Americans aren't African or European, they're Americans.

America, liberating the shit out of whatever, fuck yeah!

giphy.gif

I had to run distances when I trained for boxing, but I wouldn't want to be timed on them.
Nothing good would come of my being timed in dashes, either.

A half mile, though, was right in my wheelhouse.

I get it on the time thing. I keep thinking of 20 years ago and that doesn’t help the ego much.

I did just get home from a 10 mile run, though. At 69, I feel kinda good about that.

Shooting for a full 1/2 marathon in the next month or so.

We should just do away with all of that and make our nation Americans. American culture, ethnicity, you-name-it. Dump all the hyphenated bullshit. Americans aren't African or European, they're Americans.

America, liberating the shit out of whatever, fuck yeah!

giphy.gif

Define "American culture", Terry. TIA

Define "American culture", Terry. TIA

Americans speak American, a variant of English, just as Mexican Spanish isn't the same as spoken in Spain.
American have a distinctive style of attire, jeans, T-shirt, ballcap, etc.
As two examples.

There very much is an American culture. There are, like in any nation subcultures within that. You go overseas and the locals can figure out you're an American just by how you look, sound, and act much of the time.

That's what I love about NYC There are many colors and cultures, all American to me, not just a white European xtian culture

Wrong. There is an American culture that underlies all that and it isn't White, or European in the least. It is American.

Americans speak American, a variant of English, just as Mexican Spanish isn't the same as spoken in Spain.
As two examples.

There very much is an American culture. There are, like in any nation subcultures within that. You go overseas and the locals can figure out you're an American just by how you look, sound, and act much of the time.

So all those Krauts, Micks and Dagos who still speak other languages are not Americans, Terry? Are they traitors, sir?

Thanks for proving you can't define American culture, Terry. :)

Now call me some ad homimems to keep proving your hypocrisy, sir. LOL

As two examples.

Walking down the street in NYC you will hear many languages spoken by Americans , many 1st and 2nd generation still converse in other tongues

Walking down the street in NYC you will hear many languages spoken by Americans , many 1st and 2nd generation still converse in other tongues

So? America has a unique American culture. People who live here adapt and adopt it to one degree or another. We as America should encourage that, not reject or diminish the importance of it.

So? America has a unique American culture. People who live here adapt and adopt it to one degree or another. We as America should encourage that, not reject or diminish the importance of it.

Bullshit. You're really have sunk into simplemindedness if you really believe that, Terry. Go to NYC. Go to LA. Go to Dallas. Go to Kansas City. You'll see a variety of cultures. All American, but also unique.

Unlike the Euro racists and antisemitics, the Down Under Dumbasses and other foreign fuckwits from small countries, the United States is a nation of over 330M. We're wide and diverse. Only fucking morons believe differently.

Even China is diverse. Like you, they want to kill off anyone who doesn't toe the line. India is diverse too with a variety of subcultures. Not homogenized as the Aryan Assholes want to make America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_(United_Nations)
7x2gsj.jpg

.....the United States is a nation of over 330M. We're wide and diverse. Only fucking morons believe differently.

I guess that I'm not a moron because I know that the United States are widely diverse

The morons are the ones who don't recognize that we're seriously dysfunctional largely because of it.

A largely homogeneous nation with comparable resources would leave us in the dust
because they would have solidarity that we will NEVER have.

Diversity is our reality.
We can't change that
and have to learn to work with it better than we're doing now. All of us.

That diversity, however, as we see in the news every fucking day, is a handicap, not a strength.

I guess that I'm not a moron because I know that the United States are widely diverse

The morons are the ones who don't recognize that we're seriously dysfunctional largely because of it.

A largely homogeneous nation with comparable resources would leave us in the dust
because they would have solidarity that we will NEVER have.

Diversity is our reality.
We can't change that
and have to learn to work with it better than we're doing now. All of us.

That diversity, however, as we see in the news every fucking day, is a handicap, not a strength.

Morons also only see the negative and not the positive, neef.

Or white xtian Americans adapt some from other cultures , the default isn't white European culture anymore as American

It's common knowledge, neef. Why do you think that was original?

You arrive at conclusions that you perceive as common knowledge, Oom,
because your entire world is lacking cosmopolitan perspective,
and you don't even begin to trust the observations of those who may have a bit of it.

They're insufficiently 'murican.
No problem if it works for you, though.

You arrive at conclusions that you perceive as common knowledge, Oom,
because your entire world is lacking cosmopolitan perspective,
and you don't even begin to trust the observations of those who may have a bit of it.

They're insufficiently 'murican.
No problem if it works for you, though.
Aren't they? What conclusions do you think I am not properly concluding, neef?

Are you thinking I've never lived outside the USA, neef? Let's do a dick measuring contest: I've lived outside the US for a little over 5 years and have toured more countries than I can count off the top of my head. You? One bad year in Southeast Asia and never left Boston again?

Back