Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservatives - far right

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Bloc whatever - seperatist

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
A Canadian election was just called for early October.

The Conservatives in Canada are seeking to attain a majority government, and whether or not they actually accomplish that is pretty much a coin toss. The real problem with the Canadian system is the plurality system - the left is split between four different parties. 60% of Canadians oppose the radical extremism of the Conservative party, and yet they are actually looking at government. How anyone can call that "democracy" is beyond me. The Liberals have an extremely weak leader and it will be virtually impossible for them to get a majority. But it's looking like they're going to be in the same situation they were before the election, with a minority government lead by the crazy conservatives who want to re institute the death penalty, abolish gay civil unions in Canada, and establish failed American-style healthcare.

Last edited:
The Conservatives in Canada are seeking to maintain a majority government,

Maintain? The Tories have a MINORITY government.

They hold 124 of 308 seats in the House of Commons.

60% of Canadians oppose the radical extremism of the Conservative party,

LOL... the Conservative Party is hardly far-right. It is classified as right-centre, and even my liberal Canadian friends would agree to that. The GOP is MUCH more conservative. For example, a far greater percentage of Conservatives are pro-choice, as compared to Republicans.

You're making an ass of yourself.

Liberals have an extremely weak leader and it will be virtually impossible for them to get a majority.

Yeah, Dion is an asshole.

But it's looking like they're going to be in the same situation they were before the election, with a minority government lead by the crazy conservatives who want to re institute the death penalty, abolish gay civil unions in Canada, and establish failed American-style healthcare.

Well, like it or not, they're going to win. Polls have the Libs running about 7 points behind the Cons. I predict they (the Conservatives) will gain about 5 - 10 seats.

God help the Canadians that will die as a result of the re-introduction of far right policies, just as we are embracing life and shedding ours.

Maintain? The Tories have a MINORITY government.

They hold 124 of 308 seats in the House of Commons.

LOL... the Conservative Party is hardly far-right. It is classified as right-centre, and even my liberal Canadian friends would agree to that. The GOP is MUCH more conservative. For example, a far greater percentage of Conservatives are pro-choice, as compared to Republicans.

You're making an ass of yourself.

Yeah, Dion is an asshole.

Well, like it or not, they're going to win. Polls have the Libs running about 7 points behind the Cons. I predict they (the Conservatives) will gain about 5 - 10 seats.

If they gain 10 seats they still won't have a majority.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=avo9_pYllksE&refer=canada

If they gain 10 seats they still won't have a majority.

They don't need a majority to be effective, Watermark. The Conservatives have formed an unusual alliance with the Bloc Québécois on many issues, such as greater provincial sovereignty as well as strengthening the armed forces. The Conservatives have also succeeded in tightening spending and cutting the GST from 7% to 5%.

Stephen Harper is a brilliant strategist, and by American standards, would be considered a moderate politician akin to Evan Bayh.

God help the Canadians that will die as a result of the re-introduction of far right policies, just as we are embracing life and shedding ours.

Why do you insist on pretending to know everything? The Liberal Party was/is plagued by corruption, which is why they were thrown out of power in the first place.

Last edited:
A Canadian election was just called for early October.

The Conservatives in Canada are seeking to attain a majority government, and whether or not they actually accomplish that is pretty much a coin toss. The real problem with the Canadian system is the plurality system - the left is split between four different parties. 60% of Canadians oppose the radical extremism of the Conservative party, and yet they are actually looking at government. How anyone can call that "democracy" is beyond me. The Liberals have an extremely weak leader and it will be virtually impossible for them to get a majority. But it's looking like they're going to be in the same situation they were before the election, with a minority government lead by the crazy conservatives who want to re institute the death penalty, abolish gay civil unions in Canada, and establish failed American-style healthcare.

why don't you move to canada and fix it... "failed American style healthcare"... because adam smith was born and bread American, its called capitalism and it beats government healthcare anyday, have you ever been to a VA hospital?

why don't you move to canada and fix it... "failed American style healthcare"... because adam smith was born and bread American, its called capitalism and it beats government healthcare anyday, have you ever been to a VA hospital?

Have you ever been uninsured?

Have you ever been uninsured?

I have been both uninsured and to a VA hospital.

I can tell you that my experiences were pleasant with neither. But I received much better care at a public hospital when I had no insurance.

Where's the centre right group?

The Conservatives are centre-right. I was just being fascescious.

They don't technically believe in all that stuff I said, but one of the main reason they're not in power is because people believe they have a secret agenda to implement that stuff.

The Conservatives are centre-right. I was just being fascescious.

They don't technically believe in all that stuff I said, but one of the main reason they're not in power is because people believe they have a secret agenda to implement that stuff.

They are in power.

It should be noted that the Bloc runs candidates only in Quebec, being as it favors separation or at least greater sovereignty for Quebec. Separatist movements are more accepted by the Canadian public than by Americans.

They are in power.

They have a minority government. They can't win a majority of the votes because people suspect them of a secret agenda to do the regressions of civilization I mentioned. If they win 40% they might be able to shove it over anyway.

Last edited:
It should be noted that the Bloc runs candidates only in Quebec, being as it favors separation or at least greater sovereignty for Quebec. Separatist movements are more accepted by the Canadian public than by Americans.

Canada is an extremely divided country. In practically every area (besides maybe Ontario) there's a separatist movement going on. Only in Quebec are they taken very seriously though. I left them in here mainly as a protest vote. I seriously doubt anyone here has serious sympathies with the Bloc.

Last edited:
I have been both uninsured and to a VA hospital.

I can tell you that my experiences were pleasant with neither. But I received much better care at a public hospital when I had no insurance.

Is anyone suggesting that we make the VA system universal? The simple fact is that people die all the time in America simply because they're poor and can't afford the health care they need. That doesn't happen in Canada. Everyone is taken care of. Only elective procedures even have a "waiting list", and most nations with national healthcare have no waiting lists. The Canadians have them because they don't spend a lot of money on their healthcare system. If they did it would probably be about half the price of ours.

They have a minority government. They can't win a majority of the votes because people suspect them of a secret agenda to do the regressions of civilization I mentioned. If they win 40% they might be able to shove it over anyway.

People do not suspect them of those things - well maybe one or two. They broke through the liberal strong hold, although some of the biggestest ridings in that area (including mine) went NDP.

The Bloc is around to give Quebec a vote (say) in parliament and, their votes are valuable in certain situations - like now. Quebec is mostly important to Quebecers. Personally, I'd like to see them try and seperated without association - which is the way it will be. I won't tell you what people called them in Alberta when I was a kid.

From and outsiders persepctive, aside from Quebec, explain the divide in Canada.

People do not suspect them of those things - well maybe one or two. They broke through the liberal strong hold, although some of the biggestest ridings in that area (including mine) went NDP.

The Bloc is around to give Quebec a vote (say) in parliament and, their votes are valuable in certain situations - like now. Quebec is mostly important to Quebecers. Personally, I'd like to see them try and seperated without association - which is the way it will be. I won't tell you what people called them in Alberta when I was a kid.

From and outsiders persepctive, aside from Quebec, explain the divide in Canada.

Quebec has dominated Canadian politics for a long time because they seem to be extremely whiny and vote as a block. I can see how people would resent them

Is anyone suggesting that we make the VA system universal? The simple fact is that people die all the time in America simply because they're poor and can't afford the health care they need. That doesn't happen in Canada. Everyone is taken care of. Only elective procedures even have a "waiting list", and most nations with national healthcare have no waiting lists. The Canadians have them because they don't spend a lot of money on their healthcare system. If they did it would probably be about half the price of ours.

If people die because of a lack of healthcare, its because they refuse to go to a publically funded hospitals.

It is illegal for any hospital to refuse care to a patient based on their inability to pay, IF that hospital receives ANY government funding.

There are also numerous programs that help the poor with healthcare.

Back