Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Green - speaks for itself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservatives - far right

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Bloc whatever - seperatist

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
If people die because of a lack of healthcare, its because they refuse to go to a publically funded hospitals.

It is illegal for any hospital to refuse care to a patient based on their inability to pay, IF that hospital receives ANY government funding.

There are also numerous programs that help the poor with healthcare.

Uh, hospitals aren't obligated to give you prescription meds for free, are they? Cancer patients and kemo? You think they can just walk in and get free kemo?

Medicare, Medicaid, and several other charitable medical funding programs will pay for it.

My father-in-law is on medicare, and it covers everything except a small percentage. A local charity picks up the balance.

We help them with bills, but have only had to help with medical on rare occasions.

Quebec has dominated Canadian politics for a long time because they seem to be extremely whiny and vote as a block. I can see how people would resent them

How do you see them dominating Canadian politics? They have manipulated, but dominate, how so?

Anecdotal evidence should be rejected at face value.

I do think its funny that people complain that illegal immigrants come here and get free medical care. If they can get it, why can't our citizens?

But ok, then how about facts. I have seen plenty of factual evidence that private medical care is of a higher quality on average.

Its also factual that 15.3% of americans have no health insurance.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-census27-2008aug27,0,7529645.story?track=rss

So you want to force 84.7% of the population to accept a lower quality of healthcare just to take care of the 15.3% of the population that has no insurance?

Why not expand the current programs to cover those who have no health insurance and leave the bulk of the population alone?

WM is a utilitarian. If someone convinced him that it would provide more total happiness to kill 49% of the population so that 51% could prosper, he would do it.

WM is a utilitarian. If someone convinced him that it would provide more total happiness to kill 49% of the population so that 51% could prosper, he would do it.

It would never provide more total happiness to kill 49% of the population. Even if it could I couldn't ever predict such a thing, and the law of unintended consequences would prevent anyone from ever taking such ridiculous steps. I believe in liberal democracy modified by utilitarianism only when it's clear that something is out of step. IE when the monopolies started forming, we knew that the free market wasn't perfect and we had to take utilitarian measures to fix that.

I do think its funny that people complain that illegal immigrants come here and get free medical care. If they can get it, why can't our citizens?

But ok, then how about facts. I have seen plenty of factual evidence that private medical care is of a higher quality on average.

Its also factual that 15.3% of americans have no health insurance.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-census27-2008aug27,0,7529645.story?track=rss

So you want to force 84.7% of the population to accept a lower quality of healthcare just to take care of the 15.3% of the population that has no insurance?

Why not expand the current programs to cover those who have no health insurance and leave the bulk of the population alone?

Who said our quality of healthcare would drop? Practically every developed nation on Earth has better healthcare than America.

Who said our quality of healthcare would drop? Practically every developed nation on Earth has better healthcare than America.

Oh really? So that is why people come from all over the world for medical treatment?

And please tell me one single thing that our government has taken over that has gotten better?

Do you really think having a bloated bureacracy in charge of our healthcare will make it better??

I doubt you are so naive.

Oh really? So that is why people come from all over the world for medical treatment?

So why is that you read right wing sites that post anecdotal stories of people coming from Canada to get boob jobs the government wouldn't pay for? Why is it that this is not representative of a large trend?

And please tell me one single thing that our government has taken over that has gotten better?

Tell me one thing the government has literally taken over. And anyway, national health insurance is not a "taking over" of the industry.

Do you really think having a bloated bureacracy in charge of our healthcare will make it better??

Medicare is far less bloated than most medical insurance companies.

Of course its not as bloated.

But if we institute national healthcare, all the insurance companies and all the government medical programs will be combined into one bureacracy.

Ok, so name me one thing that the government does well and does efficiently.

Of course its not as bloated.

But if we institute national healthcare, all the insurance companies and all the government medical programs will be combined into one bureacracy.

Ok, so name me one thing that the government does well and does efficiently.

Collect taxes.

We spend $500 Billion dollars a year in tax compliance in this country.

Even the IRS doesn't understand its own tax code.

Imagine how much money we'd save if we initiated my simplifies progressive tax. Hell, we'd save so much money we might be able to even knock off the lower bracket entirely.

Fucker.

It's as true as the sky is blue. The Social Security office has I think the lowest overhead of any federal bureaucracy in government. That's efficiency. It gets its job done and does it well.
In order to be efficient, you have to be capable of delivering your product, which the SS department is not capable of doing.

Now, with this mini-baby Boom that has just occured recently, I may collect someday, but Gen X and many Kaboomers certaintly won't!

Back