Caroline Kennedy... Really?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Seriously. If New York does this will anybody have any respect for that state? What has this woman done to deserve consideration for a Senate seat?

What does one need to do to "deserve consideration?"
Apparently, have a daddy that was President and an uncle who is a Senator.

What are her qualifications?

Show me a reason that she should be selected to be the Senator other than her last name is Kennedy and her uncle thinks she's great.

Thats why she didn't change her name when she was married. Not even to Kennedy-Schlossberg.... still just 'Kennedy' ... No tainting the name with a hyphen

What the fuck do you care whether she changed her name when she got married or the reasons why she didn't? Are you married? Did you change your name?

What the fuck do you care whether she changed her name when she got married or the reasons why she didn't? Are you married? Did you change your name?
What are her qualifications, other than an accident of birth, that show she is qualified for such a position?

Lets start with you detailing what you feel are necessary prerequisites to being named a senator.
No, I am asking what you think are qualifications instead you want a list of mine.

Again, list what she has done that qualifies her for this other than her last name and a speech for Obama.

What makes her qualified?

Oh, is she resigning after her time's up?
Hillary is resigning when she becomes Secretary of State. They are seeking to appoint somebody to replace her.

My question is what makes this woman one of the people that they are considering for this appointment?

There are more distinguished lawyers, there are better authors. The only reason she is considered is an accident of birth. Shoot, the only reason she even had something to write is an accident of birth.

What distinguishes her other than her name from other people with the same 'qualifications'?

Hillary is resigning when she becomes Secretary of State. They are seeking to appoint somebody to replace her.

My question is what makes this woman one of the people that they are considering for this appointment?

There are more distinguished lawyers, there are better authors. The only reason she is considered is an accident of birth. Shoot, the only reason she even had something to write is an accident of birth.

What distinguishes her other than her name from other people with the same 'qualifications'?

Name recognition is no small thing in politics; look at the last 8 years. Also, did you know that some of the founding fathers wanted the Senate modeled after the House of Lords, and one said that potential candidates should be " distinguished for their rank in life and their weight of property"?

She certainly meets that measure; beyond that, she has done a ton for education in the state.

The fact anyone is appointed is ridiculous in itself seeing as they are supposed to be elected representatives, no?

She's your royalty isn't she? Bow down and accept your fate.

Back