Caroline Kennedy... Really?

Actually, I think your paternalistic horseshit is pretty funny. Care to answer the questions?

you mean the question you have ducked? The question of what qualifications does Caroline have?

In her lifetime, how many years has she even held a job? Any job.

The ONLY reason she is being considered is because she is a Kennedy. Period.

The fact anyone is appointed is ridiculous in itself seeing as they are supposed to be elected representatives, no?

She's your royalty isn't she? Bow down and accept your fate.
At least I don't have to be embarrassed by it. It isn't my state.

The only thing that brings her name up is quite literally her daddy. If she were Caroline Jones she wouldn't even be an "author" because the only thing she has written about was about being in that family. There would be nothing at all to distinguish this person from any other lawyer in NY and the reality is they would probably be making better choices based on some strong merit rather than the genepool.

In reality, I don't know enough about her to know whether she is qualified or not, and that was not my purpose in this thread. (I imagine most of you folks don't know too much about here either, other than the fact that she is a Kennedy.) My original post was commenting on Superfreak's paternalistic horseshit and asking him two very simple questions.

In any event, I actually do not support her appointment merely for the appearance of dynasticism. it's one thing if she is elected but quite another if she is appointed. As a general rule, my view of these appointments is that the governor should in most circumstances appoint a placeholder that has no long-term aspirations for the seat in question and, when the term is up and the next election is held, the people can choose whomever they want.

Were you embarassed for your country in 2000?
That those were the only choices that we had? Yes. I was. Both of the candidates pretty much got there because their daddies were in politics. It was sad.

However, at least Bush had been elected governor, Gore a Senator of his state.

Kennedy is an attorney, editor, writer and member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bars. She is one of the founders of the Profiles in Courage Award, given annually since 1990 to a person who exemplifies the type of courage examined in her father's Pulitzer Prize-winning book of the same name. The award is generally given to elected officials who, acting in accord with their conscience, risk their careers by pursuing a larger vision of the national, state or local interest in opposition to popular opinion or powerful pressures from their constituents. In May 2002, she presented an unprecedented Profiles in Courage Award to representatives of the NYPD, the New York City Fire Department, and the military as representatives of all of the people who acted to save the lives of others during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.[4]

From 2002 to 2004, Kennedy worked as chief executive for the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the New York City Department of Education. During this time, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools. [5] She currently serves as the Vice Chair of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City. [6]

In addition, Kennedy is currently President of the Kennedy Library Foundation,[3] a director of both the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and Honorary Chairman of the American Ballet Theatre. She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.

Looks good to me. Sounds like she's far more qualified to be senator than your bush boy ever was to be governor.

And at this time, no one can run for Hillary's seat. If Caroline Kennedy, beloved in New York, could run today, she'd win.

Embarrassed?

I have my fingers crossed that she takes the seat.

I think it's great.

Kennedy is an attorney, editor, writer and member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bars. She is one of the founders of the Profiles in Courage Award, given annually since 1990 to a person who exemplifies the type of courage examined in her father's Pulitzer Prize-winning book of the same name. The award is generally given to elected officials who, acting in accord with their conscience, risk their careers by pursuing a larger vision of the national, state or local interest in opposition to popular opinion or powerful pressures from their constituents. In May 2002, she presented an unprecedented Profiles in Courage Award to representatives of the NYPD, the New York City Fire Department, and the military as representatives of all of the people who acted to save the lives of others during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.[4]

From 2002 to 2004, Kennedy worked as chief executive for the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the New York City Department of Education. During this time, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools. [5] She currently serves as the Vice Chair of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City. [6]

In addition, Kennedy is currently President of the Kennedy Library Foundation,[3] a director of both the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and Honorary Chairman of the American Ballet Theatre. She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.

But she was only able to do all that stuff because her last name is Kennedy. Duh.

Here it comes . . .

That those were the only choices that we had? Yes. I was. Both of the candidates pretty much got there because their daddies were in politics. It was sad.

However, at least Bush had been elected governor, Gore a Senator of his state.

Of course - BOTH candidates. You're such a hack.

Kennedy is more qualified for the Senate or the Presidency than Bush ever was or ever could be. There is no comparison.

WARNING... DUNGS PANTIES ARE IN A BUNCH AGAIN.... USE CAUTION WHEN HE APPEARS ON A THREAD

It takes a really particular type of mindset to believe that a person born to JFK, and carrying a name like Kennedy, should trade it in, based on gender.

No man would ever consider it.

No woman ever should.

Of course - BOTH candidates. You're such a hack.

Kennedy is more qualified for the Senate or the Presidency than Bush ever was or ever could be. There is no comparison.
No, the hack doesn't recognize the nepotism in his own party. You are simply projecting your own "sin" onto others.

You know what's funny is how SF is here shooting his mouth off all morning, but as soon as I come on, he runs into hiding. He's sitting out there right now, fuming. It'll take him about an hour to come up with an answer, which will likely to be two, monosyllabic, words.

SF why don't you sing us a song?

Don't be fooled by the genes that I got
I'm still I'm still Mrs. Schlossberg from the block
Lots people wanna call me a Kennedy
I say, that's for men not for me
Don't be fooled by the genes that I got
I'm just, I'm just Mrs. Schlossberg from the block

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Kennedy#Professional_life

Professional life

Kennedy has represented her family at the funeral services of former Presidents Ronald Reagan in 2004 and Gerald Ford in 2007, and at the funeral service of former First Lady Lady Bird Johnson in 2007. She also represented her family at the dedication of the William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park in Little Rock, Arkansas in November 2004.

Ok besides all the stuff that Darla mentioned, She is at least 30 years of age, she has been a US citizen for longer than 9 years and she resides in the state in which she would be appointed. You conservos are all so concerned with the constitution, but when someone meets the basic qualifications established by the framers of this country, then you want MORE qualifications. What irks you most I think is you KNOW that the name recognition will insure another Kennedy in the Senate for a couple of more decades. But the truth of the matter is Caroline Kennedy is a smart woman who has been involved on all levels with politics and matters political. You all act like being a senator is fucking Particle Physics, it's not, you only have to have a reasonable amount of intelligence to be a senator. I am sure there are plenty of Senators in the US that the first time they ran had less qualifications than her and ended up fine. Fuck, Alaska had the longest sitting US senator in the nation and he wasn't smart enough to figure out what gifts he should have reported and not to take them from people if it looked questionable.

I kinda like the idea she would be more of a citizen senator than a big time politician.

That funny thing is anyone truely in the areas politics they woul just call corrupt anyway.

Ok besides all the stuff that Darla mentioned, She is at least 30 years of age, she has been a US citizen for longer than 9 years and she resides in the state in which she would be appointed. You conservos are all so concerned with the constitution, but when someone meets the basic qualifications established by the framers of this country, then you want MORE qualifications. What irks you most I think is you KNOW that the name recognition will insure another Kennedy in the Senate for a couple of more decades. But the truth of the matter is Caroline Kennedy is a smart woman who has been involved on all levels with politics and matters political. You all act like being a senator is fucking Particle Physics, it's not, you only have to have a reasonable amount of intelligence to be a senator. I am sure there are plenty of Senators in the US that the first time they ran had less qualifications than her and ended up fine. Fuck, Alaska had the longest sitting US senator in the nation and he wasn't smart enough to figure out what gifts he should have reported and not to take them from people if it looked questionable.

Exactly, good points! And that's exactly why they are fuming - another Kennedy for decades. She'd never be voted out in this state.

And, she may go further.

Looks good to me. Sounds like she's far more qualified to be senator than your bush boy ever was to be governor.

And at this time, no one can run for Hillary's seat. If Caroline Kennedy, beloved in New York, could run today, she'd win.

Embarrassed?

I have my fingers crossed that she takes the seat.

I think it's great.

either bush boy to be governor I think. I do not think either one of them had held ANY elected office before becoming governor. And both had abysmal business records too.

Last edited:
Back