Case against Alec Baldwin dismissed

Murder is the intentional killing of someone. There is absolutely no reason to believe Baldwin intended to kill anyone. In fact, all the evidence is that he thought it was not even a gun.
Tell the person in prison for same offense.

Baldwin the actor? Yes, I accept that argument. Baldwin the producer who was in charge of hiring and firing along with safety on the set? No, I don't accept that defense.
Baldwin the Executive Producer... So not in charge of hiring anyone.

Baldwin could have stepped forward and said that he was going to refuse to work until safety was ensured on the set. That would have been a better thing for him to do, but not doing that does not make him a criminal.

And even if Baldwin was in charge of safety, which he was not, then he would not have committed murder.

Tell the person in prison for same offense.
Gutierrez-Reed went to prison for involuntary manslaughter for allowing a loaded gun to be handed to Baldwin as not a gun. Baldwin did not hand anyone the gun.

And even that is not voluntary manslaughter, much less murder. No one wanted this to happen.

Gutierrez-Reed went to prison for involuntary manslaughter for allowing a loaded gun to be handed to Baldwin as not a gun. Baldwin did not hand anyone the gun.

And even that is not voluntary manslaughter, much less murder. No one wanted this to happen.
Baldwin fired the shot. Oh, too obvious. Must be someone's fault without expensive lawyers.

Baldwin the Executive Producer... So not in charge of hiring anyone.

Baldwin could have stepped forward and said that he was going to refuse to work until safety was ensured on the set. That would have been a better thing for him to do, but not doing that does not make him a criminal.

And even if Baldwin was in charge of safety, which he was not, then he would not have committed murder.
Disagreed on the Executive Producer duties. Anyone who oversees the budget oversees the entire safety of the production. Baldwin is as responsible as the Boeing managers for safety even if that was not specifically overseeing "safety".

In short, the person on charge of keeping a production within budget is also responsible for the safety budget. Let's not forget there were several safety concerns on that set and Baldwin knew about them but didn't care.

Executive Producers typically sit at the top of the food chain. They often work at the highest level of the production...

..Executive Producer Job Description and Duties:

• Introduce new concepts and ideas that may align with brand initiatives of the project.
  • Ensure production meets competitive goals and projects the intended brand image.
  • Supervise other producers and ensure they, and the production, work within union regulations.
  • Oversee and approve the hiring of marquee talent.
  • Maintain the budget and approve schedules.

That's not the way it sounded to me.

Regardless, the judge defaulted to the defendant.
The initial press reports are that the prosecution suppressed evidence that would have been helpful to Baldwin's defense. If true, it's a blatant case of prosecutorial misconduct.

"The involuntary manslaughter charge against Alec Baldwin in the 2021 shooting death of "Rust" cinematographer Halyna Hutchins has been abruptly dismissed on the grounds that prosecutors and law enforcement withheld evidence that might be favorable to the actor's defense."

You wear shit colored glasses, you believe everything is shit these days. You are one of THE most negative persons I have ever encountered. It sucks to be you.
I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone on this board predicted that calamitous disaster loomed just ahead.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone on this board predicted that calamitous disaster loomed just ahead.
I strive to be a positive person, I could not live with a Donnie Downer, it would zap my energy!
It’s important to me to try to find the best in the world and people.

Back