Case against Alec Baldwin dismissed

But the lowest person on the set was arrested and in prison.
I don't know what the specific charges against her were, but if law enforcement and prosecutors suppressed evidence favorable to the defense, I suspect her conviction is going to get a second look.

I strive to be a positive person, I could not live with a Donnie Downer, it would zap my energy!
It’s important to me to try to find the best in the world and people.
I purge negativity and negative people from my life! It's mentally and emotionally draining to be around negative people

It was a bullshit case against Baldwin from the get go. The armorer, yes. Baldwin, no.

I fail to see, however, what the delivery of another box of ammunition to the lab by some independent dude has anything to do with the case and why its lack of disclosure tanked the case.

The initial press reports are that the prosecution suppressed evidence that would have been helpful to Baldwin's defense. If true, it's a blatant case of prosecutorial misconduct.

"The involuntary manslaughter charge against Alec Baldwin in the 2021 shooting death of "Rust" cinematographer Halyna Hutchins has been abruptly dismissed on the grounds that prosecutors and law enforcement withheld evidence that might be favorable to the actor's defense."

That's the defense claim. When in doubt, the prosecution should turn over all evidence; helpful or not.

It might take a few weeks for the dust to settle and for legal minds to determine if the judge made the right call or simply gave Baldwin a pass.

Actually you can it happens all the time. There are other remedies to the court like denying the prosecution some other evidence etc. But I agree it is very bad.
There is a difference between denying evidence, and prosecutorial misconduct. Once the prosecutor has been caught cheating, it is impossible to know where else they cheated. Everything becomes suspect.

It sounds to me like the prosecution suppressed evidence that could have exonerated Baldwin.
As a former firearms examiner, I don’t understand what happened. A friend of the armorers step-father takes a box of ammunition to the Sheriff’s Office to submit it as evidence. First, no crime lab accepts “evidence” from Joe Schmoe walking in off the street.

It was not tested to see if it “matched” the bullet fired on set. I don’t even know what that means. Was it the same manufacturer? So, what if it was? How is that relevant to anything?

Weird ending to a weird case.

As a former firearms examiner, I don’t understand what happened. A friend of the armorers step-father takes a box of ammunition to the Sheriff’s Office to submit it as evidence. First, no crime lab accepts “evidence” from Joe Schmoe walking in off the street.

It was not tested to see if it “matched” the bullet fired on set. I don’t even know what that means. Was it the same manufacturer? So, what if it was? How is that relevant to anything?

I don't have enough data and information about what actually went down to second guess the judge at this point. The judge obviously felt the conduct of law enforcement and prosecutors was so egregious, the case warranted being dismissed without prejudice.

I don't have enough data and information about what actually went down to second guess the judge at this point. The judge obviously felt the conduct of law enforcement and prosecutors was so egregious, the case warranted being dismissed without prejudice.
The truth usually comes out on such things due to public interest.

Not a lawyer, so I don't know about such evidence, but agree it should both be looked upon skeptically, but also examined and tested.

My guess on testing the ammo was to compare it to what was in the gun, fire a round through the gun to see who closely they matched and run any standard chemical tests to determine, if possible, manufacturer and lot number of the ammo in the pistol...given there was more than one live round in the gun.

The truth usually comes out on such things due to public interest.

Not a lawyer, so I don't know about such evidence, but agree it should both be looked upon skeptically, but also examined and tested.

My guess on testing the ammo was to compare it to what was in the gun, fire a round through the gun to see who closely they matched and run any standard chemical tests to determine, if possible, manufacturer and lot number of the ammo in the pistol...given there was more than one live round in the gun.
I still can’t see what relevance ammo taken to the lab by some “good samaritan” has, regardless of manufacturer, lot number, etc. And, if the tests even exist to determine those characteristics.

Irrelevant to whether Baldwin was guilty of committing the act.

guess who else wasn't punished.......the prosecutor got away with his misconduct. par for government course, of course.
For the most part, the real prosecutors refused to take the case. We had insane claims that Baldwin was brandishing a gun, and charges under laws that did not exist when the event happened. The "special prosecutors" they assigned clearly had no clue.

There is definitely a civil case here. And possible a criminal case against the arms keeper. There is no criminal case against Baldwin.

I still can’t see what relevance ammo taken to the lab by some “good samaritan” has, regardless of manufacturer, lot number, etc. And, if the tests even exist to determine those characteristics.

Irrelevant to whether Baldwin was guilty of committing the act.
Agreed it would have more relevance to the Hannah trial since she's the accused of bringing it. Still, it's evidence relevant to the trial even though you and I both seem to agree that it has little to nothing to do with Baldwin's guilt and the free pass he got from the Judge.

Agreed. The Judge gave him a pass.

Back