CEOs made nearly 200 times what their workers got paid last year

Hume

Verified User
NEW YORK (AP) — The typical compensation package for chief executives who run companies in the S&P 500 jumped nearly 13% last year, easily surpassing the gains for workers at a time when inflation was putting considerable pressure on Americans’ budgets.

The median pay package for CEOs rose to $16.3 million, up 12.6%, according to data analyzed for The Associated Press by Equilar. Meanwhile, wages and benefits netted by private-sector workers rose 4.1% through 2023. At half the companies in this year’s pay survey, it would take the worker at the middle of the company’s pay scale almost 200 years to make what their CEO did.

NEW YORK (AP) — The typical compensation package for chief executives who run companies in the S&P 500 jumped nearly 13% last year, easily surpassing the gains for workers at a time when inflation was putting considerable pressure on Americans’ budgets.

Thanks for exposing why inflation is so high in America.

CEO's are getting bonuses for inflating their prices- TO MAKE THE PRESIDENT LOOK BAD!

Trump has been telling them he is going to end their Tax responsibility in exchange for their million dollar donations and their keeping their prices as High as possible.

Last edited:

So

How much more does Kansas City Chiefs make over the stadium concession stand worker

inflation was putting considerable pressure on Americans’ budgets.

WTF...I thought inflation was under control

So? Is there a point you are trying to make?

The median pay package for CEOs rose to $16.3 million, up 12.6%, according to data analyzed for The Associated Press by Equilar. Meanwhile, wages and benefits netted by private-sector workers rose 4.1% through 2023. At half the companies in this year’s pay survey, it would take the worker at the middle of the company’s pay scale almost 200 years to make what their CEO did.

Yes, and? What's your point? :palm:

Thanks for exposing why inflation is so high in America.

You believe that high CEO pay is what causes inflation? Dumbest statement ever. :palm:

No wonder you vote Democrat. :laugh:

CEO's are getting bonuses for inflating their prices- TO MAKE THE PRESIDENT LOOK BAD!

Prices are inflated thanks to Biden's attack on big oil, his massive spending which creates massive debt and printing dollars which causes inflationary pressures on everything.

If you cut CEO pay to ZERO, it would not have any impact on prices. It's obvious you didn't get past 9th grade.

Trump has been telling them he is going to end their Tax responsibility in exchange for their million dollar donations and their keeping their prices as High as possible.

That's a dumb lie. I don't think Democrats can post without lying and looking like morons.

Good. Who cares what a CEO makes,....I dont. I care WHAT I MAKE,...like a normal person. Ive never in my life been jealous or even cared what anyone else made. If you do maybe you should have been smarter and became a CEO as well,....but you didnt.

So?

Back