cheapest for of welfare is

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
decent paying jobs

not only are they taxable, but they keep people off of the streets and out of their homes

worst case, they can be WPA jobs just to fix the nation's infrastructure

Yep, because people are just living their entire lives on million dollar welfare checks with 10 black babies that they CHOSE to have these days.

Honestly, ITAN and other forms of job welfare make up an insignifigant part of the budget. They have been nerfed a ton since their introduction and they weren't even much compared to most nations then.

decent paying jobs

not only are they taxable, but they keep people off of the streets and out of their homes

I agree, but it is obvious that our current govt does not really care about the little guys.
And a recession sure is the wrong way to go on this.
But then I guess they could all join the military if they really wanted a job :rolleyes:

i have always been of the opinion that people who receive welfare should have to serve the country in form of job or community service in exchange unless medically unable

One of my thoughts on that chap is to train welfare moms to work in day care centers. so they can watch others youngins too and allow some other welfare moms to get training/jobs to get off welfare.

im a huge advocate for empowering people. anyone that knows me knows that i always challenge or push them to look at a career advancement or more schooling.

I think it just makes sense to try to help people to get out of a rut and empower them to take care of themselves if they are medically able to.

Yes they may need help and support on the way up.. but the idea that healthy people are on welfare with no job for endless years is very deplorable in my opinion.

Yes Chap, but there is very little money for programs designed to get people off of welfare.

In my state ther is currently a battle going on about new VO-tech buildings built but no money at all being supplied to even pay for the electricity they will use. And certainly no money for increased staff.
The leader of the vo-tech system says padlocks and chains on the doors will be cheap though. If no funding he is going to keep em locked.

im a huge advocate for empowering people. anyone that knows me knows that i always challenge or push them to look at a career advancement or more schooling.

I think it just makes sense to try to help people to get out of a rut and empower them to take care of themselves if they are medically able to.

Yes they may need help and support on the way up.. but the idea that healthy people are on welfare with no job for endless years is very deplorable in my opinion.

I like your suggestion and think its a win-win. People who need assistance get assistance but by doing something for it hopefully instills a sense of worth and importance in that person that is a benefit to them.

i have always been of the opinion that people who receive welfare should have to serve the country in form of job or community service in exchange unless medically unable
If they are physically and mentally capable they most definitely should. We should ensure that it doesn't interfere with training for re-entry to the private sector though.

decent paying jobs

Agreed.

In spite of the promises of bush supporters, cutting the inheritance tax, and the tax on dividends didn't create any boom in jobs or wages. In fact, jobs and wages have been as stagnant has they ever have been in decades.

One of my thoughts on that chap is to train welfare moms to work in day care centers. so they can watch others youngins too and allow some other welfare moms to get training/jobs to get off welfare.

US... a welfare mom may not necessarily always be the kind of person you'd want to raise your kids. Most people would probably still go to private daycare.

Welfare is limited to two years, but I agree, they should work for it. We should try to make it worth as much as possible, but it shouldn't be so that they think they are getting something for nothing. In any case, having a working job is proven to be beneficial to someones psychological welfare.

US... a welfare mom may not necessarily always be the kind of person you'd want to raise your kids. Most people would probably still go to private daycare.

I said train. Some will not cut the mustard, some will. Umm we do in essence have vouchers thru the IRS for child daycare and you are not restricted to who does it.
sheesh.

Yep, because people are just living their entire lives on million dollar welfare checks with 10 black babies that they CHOSE to have these days.

w

fyi (yeah i know that you were just being sarcastic) most welfare recipients are white

Honestly, ITAN and other forms of job welfare make up an insignifigant part of the budget. They have been nerfed a ton since their introduction and they weren't even much compared to most nations then.

w

while i may be a social progressive, i a fiscal conservative

i want the biggest bang for my extorted tax dollars (i may be retired, but i still pay taxes)

Agreed.

In spite of the promises of bush supporters, cutting the inheritance tax, and the tax on dividends didn't create any boom in jobs or wages. In fact, jobs and wages have been as stagnant has they ever have been in decades.

d

ah, but they increased sales of luxury items...produced overseas

If they are physically and mentally capable they most definitely should. We should ensure that it doesn't interfere with training for re-entry to the private sector though.

d

what about people like me that are neither physically nor mentally (or morally) capable

still, better people re-trained or just plain trained

but what if they are, my older daughter is now a single parent and working hard to support her daughter and send her to a private school - her ex sends her maybe $700 a year, but at least he stays in contact with their daughter and watches her from time to time

we helped her buy a full up MAC so she can work from home from time to time and it has helped a lot

I said train. Some will not cut the mustard, some will. Umm we do in essence have vouchers thru the IRS for child daycare and you are not restricted to who does it.
sheesh.

usc

hey, no real disagreement - what is wrong, how have i failed you all

Back