cheapest for of welfare is

usc

hey, no real disagreement - what is wrong, how have i failed you all

I did not mean to aim that at you. sorry if it turned out that way. I thought I was replying to Watermark? i think, too early to backtrack the thread and figure it out. Been busy this morning fussing with offshore software developers.

Most welfare recipients are white

That USED to be true. Last time I when through the numbers from the Congressional report, it was not. The impressoin that many more blacks are on welfare thn whites stems from the normed comparison. On a per 100,000 population basis, last time I went through, Asians had the lowest rate, then Whites, then hispanics, then blacks. Using the Asian figure as baseline "1" for relative ratios, whites were at 1.5, Hispanics at 12, and Blacks at 16.

Last edited:
Yeah it is a measure of the prejudice that exsists in this country that when welfare comes up the cons start talking about black women.

If we increased the amount of money we spend on these people to do job training, job programs, childcare and financial education we could end this cycle but some always throw fits when you want to invest in the American people instead of Corporate welfare.

Yeah it is a measure of the prejudice that exsists in this country that when welfare comes up the cons start talking about black women.

It is both a measure of prejudice and a measure of the truth.

I know that in rainbow tolerance land we can't actual talk about the truth, we have to use metaphors and assumptions that don't make sense in actuality, but in the real world sometimes you have to admit when one ethnicity might have a little more of an inclination towards something than the others.

Then why is it so many consider it a black problem only?

when the subject comes up some go immediately to talking about blacks?

Then why is it so many consider it a black problem only?

when the subject comes up some go immediately to talking about blacks?

I never try to mention blacks directly, Desh. I always use the poor. It's just that blacks are far more likely to be poor, too.

Got somewhere that I can look at those numbers without slogging through hours of data?

Hours? Took me about five minutes to find the source and the relevant data. I gave you the source.

d

what about people like me that are neither physically nor mentally (or morally) capable

still, better people re-trained or just plain trained
There is a certain level of subsistence that should be provided for in such cases if they were unable to do as you did, save.

It freezes my computor every time I try to access it.

OK. I'll do the compassionate conservative thing of YET AGAIN providing for some lefty who won't provide for themself.... INfo welfare!

From Chap 10, see Table 10:8 for substantiation of the historical numbers of recipients, verifying my "not since 1996" claim. A direct quote from page 10 of Ch 10. (emphasis added)

"Two of three TANF adult recipients were members of minority groups. Thirty-nine percent of adult recipients were African-American, 35 percent were white, 21 percent were Hispanic, 2.0 percent were Asian, and 1.7 percent were Native American. Most TANF adult recipients were U.S. citizens. There were about 81,200 non-citizen recipients (i.e., 6.5 percent of TANF adults) residing legally in this country."

A direct quote from page 11, Ch 10.
"The racial distribution of TANF recipient children has not significantly changed when compared to FY 2002. African-American children continued to be the largest group of welfare children, comprising about 39 percent of recipient children. About 27 percent of TANF recipient children were white, and 28 percent were Hispanic."

Update your data.

It is the latest report (the 2006 report) on the website, and goes through end of 2003. The data shown spans 1992 to 2003.

In Figure B, on page 4, you can see the 'cross-over' at 1996 and the continued trend through the end of the data; i.e., more blacks on welfare than whites in absolute numbers.

Some interesting things come out of the data.
(1) Nearly ALL recipients had / have 'high school or less' education (96.2%). It pretty much paints the picture that education is the key.
(2) At 1996, the 'white' percent number fell while the black and hispanic percents rose. Doesn't that imply that the people dislodged from welfare by the 1996 reforms were primarily white?

Last edited:
Back